L2 / L5 Ecu mod- No Boost cut

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi all car mod...
Well I would like to share on the way and method to remove boost cut
for those that have transplanted turbo L2/L5 into their kancils.....

Actually it can be done very easily and cheap at the ECU aka computer box.
But not many ppl out there know the secret.... i have seached and yahooed and goggled, i know there is no FOC answer... malaysia are not like mat salleh, do not post up their diy projects. Maybe also becasue wanna make money....

You know after some reverse enginneering and checking want ppl do and charge RM150-300 is just a cheap RM0.50 DIODE!!!!

SO far I have done this modification for 5 kancils with L2 ecu with success.. 2 drag cars and 3 street running car.... all have confirm that no boost cut and rpm now cuts at 9500..a/f is good range and can feel the power...

Just image ....RM0.50 modification... so for those DIY, if you are interested... pls pm me...FOC

Thanks for reading....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi bros,
Surelah it is true....
And my PM box is full, many PMs....

So pls email me.
I will prepare the photos and direction and mail to you guys that are interested...
However, there is a concern that you will use this info and charge others.....
So what should i do??? Do it for you or just send you each the component & direction?

First intro instruction...

1. open you ecu cover... just 4 clips.
2. Now you can see the inside..
3` At the connector side you will see all the pin connecting to the pcb(papan litar)
4. Nearly all pin have the markings...
5. Modification will be at the short (16pins) connector..
6. You should see marking like...SPD, IDL, T, N+, KNK, THW, SET, VC
IOP, P, -, N-, OX, THA, -, PIM
Can you guys understand so far?...Is my direction clear?
Sorry currently do not have a L2 or L5 ecu on hand to take pictures...

How does boost cut work? The ecu cut fuel at a pre-fix boost.
So some pomen just simply fix a one way value at your intake pipe to actually make it bocor so that the ecu cannot get signal to hit the prefix boost.. but this have side effect- bocor mah....
and how mauch they charge you? RM50 ~80 (one way valve not free mah)
So, ECU detects boost reading from?..... to be continue...

Pls sabar, and do not pay to modify you. DIY!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Keywords for google yahoo msn search...
L2
L5
Daihatsu
ECU
ECM
Computer
Modify modification
Upgrade
Buang boost cut
Open boost
DIY
RPM cut
Speed cut
Kancil with L2 L5 speed cut rpm cut boost cut
How to

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi all bro...
Just completed a simple write up but not completed....
Hopefully someone can put it up nicely in their blog....
Tonite okay....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Fuc-krid,
It is here...... sorry for mis communication..:biggrin:

monster111

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
nice instruction..actually the way it work is very simple

solder a 4.3v zener diode between GND and PIM pin and thats it.

wat that do was whatever voltage above 4.3v from map sensor will be send to earth..no more cut

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
orr theres another way .. by changing to larger injectors and going negative on ur SAFC ... worked for me all the way till 2.7bar ...

same concept as Etech mentioned but then there is a limit to the one he mentioned ... because this method basically cheats the ECU to think that u have never reached 1.0bar to trigger the boost cut ... maybe its reading 0.9bar all the way but then u are probably boosting up to 1.5bar ...

Bare in mind that ur fueling is not correct and may lead to piston berlubang and all if u boost high ... because the fueling is for maybe 0.9bar ... safe if gonna go below 1.3 bar ... ive tested it ...

safe method would be larger injectors ... safc 5 button / 1 & 2 only doesn't work with neo ... fuel reg and tune ur safc to be negative ... stock L2 engine with proper fueling can go all the way till 1.8bar :nurse:

p.s. if wanna remove speedcut just cut the green wire going into ECU .. settle problem ... no rev cut on L2 ... pros - can reach 180kmh++ easily ... cons - sumtimes ur power steering goes haywire ... depends actually ...

gud Luck Happy moddin ... :biggrin:

monster111

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
orr theres another way .. by changing to larger injectors and going negative on ur SAFC ... worked for me all the way till 2.7bar ...

same concept as Etech mentioned but then there is a limit to the one he mentioned ... because this method basically cheats the ECU to think that u have never reached 1.0bar to trigger the boost cut ... maybe its reading 0.9bar all the way but then u are probably boosting up to 1.5bar ...

Bare in mind that ur fueling is not correct and may lead to piston berlubang and all if u boost high ... because the fueling is for maybe 0.9bar ... safe if gonna go below 1.3 bar ... ive tested it ...

safe method would be larger injectors ... safc 5 button / 1 & 2 only doesn't work with neo ... fuel reg and tune ur safc to be negative ... stock L2 engine with proper fueling can go all the way till 1.8bar :nurse:

p.s. if wanna remove speedcut just cut the green wire going into ECU .. settle problem ... no rev cut on L2 ... pros - can reach 180kmh++ easily ... cons - sumtimes ur power steering goes haywire ... depends actually ...

gud Luck Happy moddin ... :biggrin:
how to remove the rpm cut?

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Where got rpm cut bro ... just speed cut ... potong the green wire going into the ecu and problemo solved ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can we DIY the Viper alike voice module?

So when we open/lock our car, it ll got the "Viper armed" and "Viper dis-armed" sound.

Feel annoying & bored with the standard alarm sounds which are di di, du du, doink doink sound like that -_-lll

Any DIY expert can share how to DIY this? Since nowadays, Fake BOV sound oso can DIY oledi, i think this voice module will b more easy, right?:cool:

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience