4G18 stage one turbo set up, 0.5 bar, what size injectors to you run?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
lets see, I am aiming for a all round useable car for daily fun driving, not a racing car or drag car, if I get 160 BHP it will be 60% more than stock and the Lancer is not a heavy car.

If I was going to a track car in Asia just for fun only I would probably go for an old RWD corolla AE70 maybe with an SR20DET swap, but that is just an idea for the future if I ever have the time and money LOL

I have had turbo car's in the UK and enjoy the feeling when they get on boost even on lower pressure boosted cars.

BTW I will get a custom exhaust made up soon at a local exhaust shop soon, will de-cat (thailand regs are pretty easy going about emissions :biggrin: )

I already have a Nitto back box which I will keep, don't want it too loud, what size diameter pipe do you recommend? was thinking of 2.25 inch, with a resonator mid way through, keeping in mind that I will go turbo in the near future.

I will get a bung welded in if I want to put a wideband sensor in later, where in the pipe should this be, and what is the best thread size for this?

Also do you know anything about 'ksport' coilovers? found someone local selling some for a good price on Facebook, everyone seems to like TEIN here but they are expensive.

Many thanks
2.25" should be fine even for your turbo application

as for wideband o2 sensor, i would say about 6"~12" distance from your turbo downpipe later on should be good....

ksport coilover is ok...in fact, any serviceable coilover with damping adjustment and bodyshift type of construction, should be good... as long as u dont go for the spring rate that was too stiff for road use.... since lancer is quite a light car, i would say around 5k front and 3k rear should be sufficient for handling increase....

and dont forget, larger front and rear swaybars do help increasing road stability (just make sure to upgrade front and rear at the same time and using same or similar size increase percentage)

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
hi

Thanks for all the replies so far, my coil-over's are now on and set up, not such a good photo but happy with the look and handling, the ride has not suffered much also.

My next big job will be to start the Turbo install. I have been looking around and I have found a few TF035 Turbo's for sale that are slightly cheaper than TD04's which was my original plan.

The TF035 is fitted as standard to the 4G15 MIVEC turbo and 4G93 GDI turbo engines so I was wondering if anyone knows if I used a TF035 I could bolt up the stock 4G15 MIVEC turbo manifold or stock 4G93 GDI turbo manifold to my 4G18?

Also could anyone advise me of any advantages or disadvantages of the TF035 v TD04 ?

Many thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was browsing through the Pivot website earlier today and as I was
looking @ the Stepping Gauge section, I got curious about something.

1) Why is there a need to install such a meter in a car? The car already
comes with a RPM meter. What difference does this Pivot meter make? Why
do cars need to install things like Boost Meter, Speed Meter, Tachometer
and Shift Lamps?

2) Are such lamps only installed for Manual Transmission cars? or do
people actually install in on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience