Saga BLM overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharif5865

Jan 24, 2012
Kuantan
Hi sifus.... sorry for interupting... I wanna ask.. I have Saga BLM 2008,,, the problem is,,, I have already check,, there is no leaking on radiator,, just change the motor of the fan,., but when I drive without air con is ok... but if I on the air cond,, when I just stop for example traffic lights,, the temperature just increase and the air cond feels hot... what is the problem?? I noob in cars but I suspect the culprit is the thermostats... can I remove it and just direct it??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Never remove your thermostat.
Check whether your fan is working and/or at optimum speed, since you mention air con hot when stop at traffic lights...

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Check your radiator ventilation to make sure that there is nothing blocking the radiator. Also check your radiator cap to make sure that its still ok. Finally check for any minor leaks that can cause temperature to rise

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
are you using coolant or just water? These days weather too hot to be using only water

sharif5865

Jan 24, 2012
Kuantan
ventilation is ok,, there is no leak,, but I thing the culprit is the fan.... sometimes it turn,, but sometimes it doesnt turn... I didnt know why,, I have change the radiotor motor,, but still the the problem is there again.... Maybe I should send it to SC Proton??? but my warranty has ended....

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I use coolant before,, but after overheat,, I reflush to check the leak in the radiator... so now the car didnt use coolant for now..

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
ventilation is ok,, there is no leak,, but I thing the culprit is the fan.... sometimes it turn,, but sometimes it doesnt turn... I didnt know why,, I have change the radiotor motor,, but still the the problem is there again.... Maybe I should send it to SC Proton??? but my warranty has ended....

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I use coolant before,, but after overheat,, I reflush to check the leak in the radiator... so now the car didnt use coolant for now..
i tink u already found the solution.
bring it to your mech and ask them to change for u and check the fan fuse as well.

u might need also to consider changing the water pump if your mileage is high and never change it yet.

just my opinion...hehehe...

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
1.check water hose there 2 pipe 1st upper 2nd down....chcek those pipe if 1st hose hot then 2nd hose is cold may then that thermostat
2.open the radiator cap then add water after that start engine then remm that engine see that water is ejaculate from radiator.....if ejaculate maybe the gasked head its mean it have to make a top overhaul.....
3.your radiator tersumbat....

based from what happen to my car...

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
All the 3 steps above are exactly what needed to check overheating, hope it's not the overhaul option... Costly ler

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i tink u already found the solution.
bring it to your mech and ask them to change for u and check the fan fuse as well.

u might need also to consider changing the water pump if your mileage is high and never change it yet.

just my opinion...hehehe...
Yup, since he already mentioned sometimes work, sometimes don't work......

sharif5865

Jan 24, 2012
Kuantan
Yeah.... I hope its not top overhaul.... but it maybe the reason why always temperature up,, more than 3 bar....
Yeah,, it is just like bro budakkampungaje, 1st hose hot then 2nd hose is cold..... about the water in the radiator,, when I open the radiator cap during engine on,, the water is not ejaculate from the radiator when ramm,,..... about the fan relay,, I did not check,, did not have the proper tool and knowledge

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I have made an appointment with Proton Edar this friday due to my university exm that end thursday,, hope they did not 'makan' my money so much...hehehe

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
if your car is not within warranty period..u send to proton...sure kena potong...
even within warranty, those service centre will charge u alot. :smokin:
shud try n find other reliable mechanic/foreman....

sharif5865

Jan 24, 2012
Kuantan
Em.... really... but I think I should... cause before this has already send to 2 mechanics,, and they did'nt know whats going on,, and the other did not know if where is thermostat for this saga blm..really funny...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Em.... really... but I think I should... cause before this has already send to 2 mechanics,, and they did'nt know whats going on,, and the other did not know if where is thermostat for this saga blm..really funny...
some mech might not be familiar with the new proton cars.
its best if u can join any proton saga blm club and check their history.
or mayb they haf a panel workshop u can send your car without being chop and bleed to death...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu's, pls comment which engine is more suitable for upgrating the wira 1.5(A), by comparing the FC and HP.

4G91 DOHC (Auto),4G92 DOHC non-mivec(Auto),4G92 DOHC mivec(Auto) and 4G93 DOHC (Auto).
1.6 mives got one triptronic one quite interesting, but dunno how is the HP and FC ???
My current ride is 4G15 (A), which is very in power and very pandai in FC (makan minyak)....about 17~20sen (depends highway and town area). This engin even overtake an ori kancil when wif 5 person in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience