Bolt-On Turbo for 4AGE-20V (Silvertop)

zn2005

Nov 23, 2005
unknown
Hi,

I need some suggestion or advice if i want to add on turbo kit for my Silvertop engine (4AGE-20V)!!! Please anybody have x;perience for this engine ... please tell me how much cost and what brand of turbo kit to use and other stuff....thank you.

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Have seen some 20V turbo cars running around since sometimes ago, I'd say keep it at low boost, says around 6-8psi, if you are only gonna use the stock 20V ECU. The ignition timing is always the problem and you won't want to blow your engine when you are having some fun at the lights.

Turbo size depends on how deep is your pocket but for a normal setup, a TD05 range of turbo should do the job if you are looking for low end torque and early 4AGZE pistons set is the one to go due to the low compression, otherwise fly cut your stock pistons, but that's not always the way it should be...

Intercooler, fuel injectors, higher flow fuel pump, AIC are the things you might want to consider. Over here people are using GZE block with 20V head, more reliable, due to sometimes people just seem to be unable to control their foot on the gas pedal properly, especially when challenged by the car next to you...hahaa.

However, since there are lots of monster cars rolling in town now, I doubt you will satisfy with a simple low boost bolt on setup. Might as well keep the money in your tabung and go for a proper turbo setup later on.

Torque is very addicted, and it's not impossible that you will greed for more.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
my friend using 4AGze with bolt on turbo, the turbo if not mistaken is from garret a/r 48, im not sure about the setting but the car turbo is lagging. not having pickup power but still can run with standard 4AGZe component,. i think the turbo is to big for the car.. and sum more no extra injector. but its still boost 1 bar.. but no power laa..

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Stock 4AGZE internal is proven able to take the abuse if tune properly but running at 1bar boost with completely stock setup will be giving the engine an extreme lean condition, not a surprise for its laggy performance.

The GZE ECU will put the stock 365cc injectors at 100% duty cycle at 12psi of boost...pushing more than that will make the ECU retards the timing due to lean condition, and thus, no power.

Nov 5, 2010
Kuching
I own a toyota and as like you were asking about 4age-20v turbo silvertop...its like they say to you about all that you need to add on...
Ok...I explain to you wat i have achieve... what i modded..
My Engines a 4AGE-20v silvertop...TD04 bolt on turbo, 3sgte injectors, 4AGZE gearbox, larger fuel pump, Apexi SAFC to to control fuel and air mixture, sard fuel regulator...
But this is where i stop...cos i ran out of cash...and also its from trial and error...
But if you really want to turbo it...i suggest you use 4AGZE forged piston, cos it will be very dangerous to boost higher..also if you really want power...go for toda racing cam..full set...which is around RM5,500.

Jo3

Jan 26, 2024
Sarawak
What if using n/a map sensor for temporary running engine, because 4agze map sensor is hard to find now, my engine is silvertop, bolt on turbo and when first start the engine a bit shaking, sound just like having high cam profile (pop pop sound) it's really weird because I just use back the stock camshaft and just only change piston to 4agze

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm planning on buying a Land rover Defender 110 pick up with a 1jz soon but i'm a little worried about potential problems.

I understand old landy's suffer rust issues? But what other things should i look out for?

And about the 1jz engine what normally should one check?

The car is a 1990 model, its a defender 110 pickup,auto gearbox,functional 4wd,standard engine with hks air filter and that pretty much sums it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience