Throttle body problem-Wira Aeroback SE

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
Halo all the expert and sifu out there.....

Im not sure whether there is any forum already talking bout this problem...
For all the Wira SE owner im sure you know wat i wan to talk bout..Im driving Wira Aeroback SE (M) year made 2004

Problem:
- Engine will automatically shut off when clutch is press when changing gear.

I have face this problem many many time which is very dangerous when driving. Have try to solve this problem out by asking few mechanic and they told me to adjust the rpm to 875 and service the throttle body.
I have done this many time but seem the problem come back very fast.

I really hope that all the sifu out there can help me solve this problem...or any one form Proton that know how to solve this problem......

Thanks
Pang

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
2 questions :

1.wil your car jerk to the front when tis happen?
2.wat gear usually it happened and wat gear won't make tis happened?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
hah! i faced this problem when i was driving my satria SE. i brought it back to proton UNCOUNTABLE times! mechanic also scratch head. but there was once, this mech did some fiddling with my speed sensor (behind the speedo) and it worked... but for awhile la... haha after that, the problem came back..

conclusion... change to mitsu throttle body :adore:

BananaBoyz

Known Member
May 22, 2007
SE is simens vdo..new tb around rm6**...try mut first check erorr...mabey you crank sensor

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
oh dont waste your money servicing the throttle body, didnt work for me. keep burning my rm40 only..

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
clanzkiller...

1.wil your car jerk to the front when tis happen?
-The car won't jerk it the engine will cutoff without notice.
2.wat gear usually it happened and wat gear won't make tis happened?
- it will happen on every gear or to make it simply when your car is almost stop and the clutch is pressed

Hope tat you could help.

Regards
Pang

Last edited by a moderator:

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
BananaBoyz...

Yes you are right SE is Siemen VDO i did try to change new throttle body during warranty stage but problem still come back....

Arrowhead....

When i faced this problem everytime i dont service and set back the VDO it seem to work but wont last long...

Regards
Pang

bujang_hensem

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
the solution is DYI cleaning your TB every 10k km...it work for me..no need to open all the TB, just open the rubber hose connected to filter...use cotton bud with alcohol or petrol...clean the area at the lower and upper TB butterfly...siemen TB don't have direct air hole to adjust the air during trottle butterfly plate close...it use small opening area at the plate to provide air during idle...most of the time fuel from rocker get in from the rubber host the air filter...for long time the carbon/old dirt fuel will stuck there so your idle will suffer...best way is to clean it frequently

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Autocar gets up close and personal with the Aventador w/video

Much like the Top Gear videos that never fail to entertain, the Autocar ones are on that level too, albeit with more technical insight and in depth driving impressions that still leave us wanting more.

Now Autocar has come up with a short video on a review of the Lamborghini Aventador with none other than Steve Sutcliffe behind the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience