campro engine got sound "tek, tek, tek"

andrewleo013

Nov 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all bro,

I'm Andrew here who using proton campro engine. Recently, i have found that my car's engine got one strange sound coming out, sound like "tek, tek, tek" (sound like taxi's engine), after i driving back from other place. But, when i start my car in the early morning (when engine cool), don't have that sound. So any bro know what sound is that??? will cause any problem on my engine??

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Sounds like ur tappet... but since u say cold starts doesnt have that sound.... most probably is not, kinda hard to tell with just a "tek tek tek" online bro :)

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
perhaps if you include a video it will make it clearer.

imhotep

Jan 14, 2009
hi there..

the tik-tik sound is about latch sound..

it will become more noisy if u r using thin engine oil..

to prevent from this sound..try to use thicker oil ( suggest to use xW-50 ) grade sae 50 at behind..

this is normal sound from campro when using thin oil

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
errr...my campro using 0w-30 fully synthetic engine oil..since day 1:biggrin:, but there is no "tek, tek, tek" engine sound..have u check your valve timing and cam pulley..maybe is "piston knocking with valve ?..:hmmmm:

imhotep

Jan 14, 2009
using thinner oil is good as long as u r not the one who always flooring the pedal..try to run ur car and maintain high speed in long journey..then u will know what i said..0/30w is good for town driving..but not for our campro when talking about hard hot driving.. pls dont push ur engine frequently..

me always north south every month..ever try 0w/30..but the latch sound become more worse..then changed to fully eneos 5w/50..it's the best afford oil i ever used...smooth like a hell...MOTUL..? ya it's a syioq oil..but when looking at the price..its really scaring me :adore:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
so what you mean is switch to semi synthetic rather than fully synthetic?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
intake manifold sometimes causes this tek tek tek sound.
anyway go to SC and check it out....its under warranty.

noriezmen

Jan 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,

If your Campro is IAFM version. I have the answer. The tek3x sound is from your IAFM module. Its actually the sound of IAFM valve veedle. These valve acts such as VTEC which will open and shorten the air flow into the piston when your RPM at 3k (or 4k, i cant remember). For non IAFM Campro, they do not have this sound. The IAFM actually eliminates the torque dip which is well known for old Campro engines.

fatality69

Jan 9, 2009
Kch/Swk
Bro,

If your Campro is IAFM version. I have the answer. The tek3x sound is from your IAFM module. Its actually the sound of IAFM valve veedle. These valve acts such as VTEC which will open and shorten the air flow into the piston when your RPM at 3k (or 4k, i cant remember). For non IAFM Campro, they do not have this sound. The IAFM actually eliminates the torque dip which is well known for old Campro engines.

Your replies.... yes and no.

Yes - If TS's campro is IAFM version, then yes... it is indeed the IAFM problem.
No - common la...its totally not like vtec at all. not even close! . hehehe... i wish :P. It's basically an integrated intake manifold incorporating two intake runners of different lengths operated by vacuum solenoids / valves. Long runner length intake will be used for low rpm range (till 3.5k / 4.8k rpm if not mistaken) before it switches automatically to short runners. Reasons are to fine tune the air fuel mixture and etc to "solve" the torque dip that naturally comes with all Campro engines except cps versions.

CPS campros also have this "IAFM" version of theirs but its more advanced and is completely controlled by the ECU. Operating range for the short and long runners are different.

TS - I had mine (IAFM) replaced at 4k KM. It was manufacturing defects whereby the internal valve needle had some clearance issues causing it to come into contact with part of the module. Some SC actually took it apart and "mod" it a bit and it works just as good. But some just claim new set for the owner. Mine was changed completely. I was advised before hand though that eventhough its the improved version... If listened and observed very closely (ears near the IAFM)... it still does emit a very SLIGHT noise which they admit is normal and not a problem like before anymore.

It's been over 10k KM with the warranty replaced IAFM and there was no problems ever since.

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
What fatality69's said is true.. The sound is from the IAFM valve needle. If fed up with the problem, you can convert. I had convert most of the iafm sound problem..

For CPS, it had also IAFM.. But this device more advance compare with campro version. That why it called it VIM...

BlackRS125

Apr 20, 2009
andrewleo013, does it happen somewhere around 1600 - 1900 RPM? My car engine got knocking problem and it happens only in that range of RPM.

veldric

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
are u using campro IAFM??? if yes...then most probably its ur IAFM........it hapent t ome before and i've changed it for 3 times...hope this helps.

Dear all bro,

I'm Andrew here who using proton campro engine. Recently, i have found that my car's engine got one strange sound coming out, sound like "tek, tek, tek" (sound like taxi's engine), after i driving back from other place. But, when i start my car in the early morning (when engine cool), don't have that sound. So any bro know what sound is that??? will cause any problem on my engine??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI.. To all TITAN sifu..

this is my 1st post in here...

i plan to buy fixed suspension and spring. NOT adjustable suspension.
and i want ask some question here..
now i'm using lower spring now,coz my orginal suspension is rosak liau...so i plan to replace a new one, b4 chinese new year, want balik kampung... but i cant affort adjustable.

1)i want ask how much is the price for the whole set of the suspension and spring?
2)i dun hav so many money right now.. so i plan to buy suspension...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience