3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Altis 1.6E A/T - RM100.500.000 vs Sentra 1.6SG-L A/T - RM 95,009.08

OR

Altis 1.8G A/T - RM111.400.000 vs Sentra 1.8XG-L A/T - RM 100,504.10

Which one would you prefer ?? :)

Nissan
QG(Quality and Green) Engine
The use of a one-stage silent chain and microfinishing of the crankshaft and camshaft minimises friction and in turn improves response, optimises fuel economy and prolongs engine life.

Valve Timing Control(VTC)
Thanks to the advanced VTC (Valve Timing Control) technology, easy acceleration and maximum performance at any speed are assured by electronically controlling the opening and closing of the intake valve, as well as throttle control position, vehicle speed and RPMs.

E-ATx (Electronic Automatic Transmission)
An electronically controlled 4-speed automatic transmission system(E-ATx) with a self-learning characteristic enhances shift quality by adjusting to driver behaviour, while the E-flow torque converter improves fuel consumption and transmission performance.

Timing Chain
Instead of a rubber timing belt (which needs periodic replacement), both Sentra engines have a maintenance-free metal chain. This can save trips to the mechanic and you drive with greater peace of mind.

Spark Plugs
Spark plugs let you go up to 10,000 km before your first inspection and 20,000 km before a replacement. Less time in the service center. More time out driving.

Toyota
Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVTi)
engines use advanced computer technology to vary air intake according to driving conditions and engine load. By adjusting the overlap time between the exhaust valve closing and intake valve opening the engine can be tuned to provide instant engine torque across the entire rev range.
VVT-i brings substantial advantages in 3 main areas: It allows sporty performance, reduces your petrol costs, and in addition, more complete fuel burn at higher temperatures leads to fewer harmful emissions.

Super Electronically Controlled Transmission (Super ECT) - Only apply to Altis 1.8
It uses "Hill Sense Controlling, an intelligent system that sense the gradient of the hill. It prevent unneccessary shift to the highest gear (overdrive) when driving uphill. When downhill it automatically holds to the third gear for stable driving and effectively apply engine braking

Front MacPherson Struct Type Suspension & Rear EAT Beam Type Suspension

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'll go for altis....

my bro in law drives the sentra 1.6. ... gearbox' very hesistant.... so much of being inteligent.. :P

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
The Sentra features a 2.0 L Nissan MR engine, the first North American vehicle to use this new engine family. A continuously variable transmission or 6-speed manual transmission will be offered. It rides on the new shared Nissan/Renault Global C platform. As with the B15, the B16 Sentra will be produced at Nissan's Aguascalientes plant. The 2007 Sentra goes on sale in October of 2006, at the same time as the redesigned Hyundai Elantra (its competitor) goes on sale.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
the answer is so clear, altis 1.8. I own one at home and trust me, power and comfort is really good. :regular_smile:

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Yeah I totally agree with silverwave,I've got an Altis at home as well,many might not think it's powerful but it would change the way you think after you have driven one,even the 1.6 Altis has a better pick up than the old 1.8 Honda Civic,that's after driving both the cars.So imagine how the 1.8 one does!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
When the first Will was launched in Japan, it caused a storm with its extremely radical design. In fact there used to be a white one running around in Damansara. This new Will is a lot more conservative but it still looks beautiful.

You sure this new Will cost only 100K? Should be parallel imported too i suppose. But servicing and maintenance will be a problem.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i personally feel altis is more comfy than sentra in fact...... got to compare it .. coz boss's driving one... always hitch a ride there... and bro-in-law's sentra... sentra really somehow... lacking la... lesser fun.. lesser comfy.. thatz for sure.

but thatz for me la.

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Daniel Lee said:
Ingolstadt, promoting WiLL VS again?..........hehehehe............:_:
Yupe, it's a better car in every aspect if it were around RM100k.

When people pay a hefty RM100k for a car, it's not only about comfort, performance, quality and sensibility. There's almost a 40% of it for the 'WoW' factor, the cool factor. That sort of explains why Vios is in every way more desirable than a more comfortable, larger sedan like Waja, this is due in part that the driver of the Vios felt more socially accepted and 'upmarket' and 'cooler' than the driver in a Waja who'd wished he could afford a Vios.

Ok, pull that a lil bit more upmarket and that sort of explains why every single Vios driver hopes they could afford an Altis, this is because in everyway, the Vios shouts "I-can't-afford-an-Altis-hence-Vios". No one would get the Vios if Altis is the same price, because sensibly it's everyway better.

Now, we move on to the cool factor, because Altis covers every aspect of sensibility, cost, build etc. What happens when you drive an Altis along a mamak or pub nowadays? Yes, correct, NO ONE GIVES A DAMN. Hence, havent you wasted your RM40k for the coolness? Because apart of not getting a glimpse from other people, a Waja had all the aspects covered by Altis, comfortable, seats 4 or 5, huge boot, good handling (better than Altis) and fuel economy. Why Altis then? cos the owner feels more superior to Waja, a RM50k doesn't quite comprehends what he is currently earning (maybe around RM4k-10k).

That alone, sort of depicts why i would urge people to get the Toyota Will VS than an Altis. THE COOL FACTOR.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience