Saga BLM Clutch problem

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
Im using saga blm 1.3, currently my clutch is not functioning well.. which means.. its like when i hit the gas pedal,, it will do more revving rather than moving. This does not happen in my previous driving scheme. I can only speed up until 120kmj/ which last time i can go up to 160 with no problem at all.. Is this because my clucth already broken and need to be replace?.. is it something else.. as i know.. when i step on the clutch.. no weird sound .. is it really the clutch.. if it is the clutch .. could some one recommend me the best semi/racing clutch for saga BLM, thx. so much

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
are u sure? or izzit one of those crank angle sensor/IAFM etc problems?

My sis BLM's having problems such as can't rev over 3k rpm, sometimes rev more than it needs to etc...

so far so many IAFM, throttle soloenoid and sensors have been replaced.

now she's piling enough complains so she can get new car

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
its not IAFM problem for sure.. its not just about revving.. when i shifting my gear (manual) the vibrate on the clutch pedal is abnormal than before.. and sometimes its slipping when changing gear.. i just need to know.. does it have aftermarket clutch like exedy semi/racing clutch suitable for blm.. FYI i can rev up to 6-7k rpm with no problem.. but the wheel just dont seem to move, previous 6krpm = 180kmh, now 6krpm = 120 max..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
its not IAFM problem for sure.. its not just about revving.. when i shifting my gear (manual) the vibrate on the clutch pedal is abnormal than before.. and sometimes its slipping when changing gear.. i just need to know.. does it have aftermarket clutch like exedy semi/racing clutch suitable for blm.. FYI i can rev up to 6-7k rpm with no problem.. but the wheel just dont seem to move, previous 6krpm = 180kmh, now 6krpm = 120 max..
well, just go to SC then, still under warranty rite?

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
ya.. already did, but the sc said.. if clutch worn out.. no warranty, if else can claim.. although i just only used 19k km..so need to purchase new 1.. so if that the case i need a new clutch plate .. i think aftermarket is better..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
ya.. already did, but the sc said.. if clutch worn out.. no warranty, if else can claim.. although i just only used 19k km..so need to purchase new 1.. so if that the case i need a new clutch plate .. i think aftermarket is better..
what the....?

although not the same item but i think its related to your bproblem...one of my sis problems is that the aircon getting hotter by the day. 1st time complain to SC, they say gas was leaking, so they top up for free..

after a few week, the aircon gets hot again, so topup again. then the other week, hot again.... they topup again but ask my sis to pay! my sister so angry, she lodge a complain to iCare and the Consumer Tribunal!

Luckily she kept all the records, then the USJ SC (The ones you can see beside KESAS) called and asked to come there. THey checked for one day then decided that a change of compressor was needed.... and its for free :biggrin:

what i'm trying to say is that build up ur case againts them, keep record abt the problem... i can't believe clutch plate can worn out so soon, you can argue wif them, if the clutch issue is your fault, then do diagnostic... for sure they can tell from other thingie inside the car that you rev kaw kaw... if not, they need to honor ur warranty, plus u can sue summore.... but to do this process, you need to leave ur car at SC for a couple of days, I suggest the USJ SC is good since they are the "Proton Center of Excellence"

If you want to change to aftermarket, confirm wif ur pomen if ur gearbox are the same as Gen2/Persona/Waja or not? By logic, they do since same Campro engine (only lack of capacity, 1.3 vs 1.6), if you do then I think Exedy got one.....

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
19km only then the SC told u to change new clucth plate? i dont think ur clucth plate prob why dont u survey other SC to confirm ur car problem maybe diff place u got diff answer about ur BLM problem....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
19km only then the SC told u to change new clucth plate? i dont think ur clucth plate prob why dont u survey other SC to confirm ur car problem maybe diff place u got diff answer about ur BLM problem....
agreed. like what happened to my sis, from SC in cheras, to PJ... lastly go to USJ SC (Proton Center of Excellence)... there my sis car get its due attention...

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
dude.. im really confused now.. i've already go to SC but in JB.. but they said need to wait couple of days.. which i cant.. im working everyday.. and i dont have other option to goto work except my car.. cause my workplace is really far away from my home.. if take bus oso.. i dont know.. maybe 3 bus trip.. but the sc ady said.. if its about the clutch plate worn out.. there would be no warranty.. so .. i try other rmechanics to test my car.. almost all of them said my clutch already worn out.. due to no quality 'clutch'.. i also dont know.. but as far as i know.. im really worn my car out.. 'wheel spinning','J TURN','Handbrake slide','RAMMING car viciously'.. and almost everyday.. lol???...

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

do u see any fluid leakage or not?around the area where the gearbox mates to the engine to be more specific.a fluid leak could cause the clutch to slip prematurely.
no leakage... actually this thing happened so suddenly... after i braking due to the bump in front, i step on my clutch.. and 'pfft' i felt my clutch not the same as before.. but i notice something.. when i drive on 120kmh.. on 5 rpm.. i smell something burning.. like metal..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Whoa! sorry dude, thought you are here in klang valley.

by the looks of it, you should work as a proton qc as a durability expert :burnout:

just a joke, no heart feeling aa bro hehe :love:

p/s: tomorrow, i try to call my fren who work in USJ SC. perhaps I can get more info frm him regarding dis matter. today can't since my hp blocked and i can release it only tomorrow (gaji day!)

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
Whoa! sorry dude, thought you are here in klang valley.

by the looks of it, you should work as a proton qc as a durability expert :burnout:

just a joke, no heart feeling aa bro hehe :love:

p/s: tomorrow, i try to call my fren who work in USJ SC. perhaps I can get more info frm him regarding dis matter. today can't since my hp blocked and i can release it only tomorrow (gaji day!)
Thank you bro ur the best.. for supporting me all the way

babydex

Apr 25, 2006
hi, i drive blm also, but auto, i dun have those problem, just to answeryour question currently i dont think there is after market for 1.3 campro but there is for 1.6 campro gen-2, it should be the same, u can go find out actually. if there is any news on those clutch i'll be kindly to inform u.

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
hi, i drive blm also, but auto, i dun have those problem, just to answeryour question currently i dont think there is after market for 1.3 campro but there is for 1.6 campro gen-2, it should be the same, u can go find out actually. if there is any news on those clutch i'll be kindly to inform u.
Thanks for your support. I already send to the nearest workshop, and they've already installed a new pressure at clutch plate for me,, although its not the standard.. but i think it perform much more better than before.. and much more cheaper than proton when i ask them for the same quotation..:driver:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hi mysayasan,

its sign of worn out clutch when u rev and engine speed went up but you're still at same speed. it can be caused by few things:
1) worn out clutch due to stepping on the clutch pedal halfway during the entire driving time.
2) due to controlling clutch often on the slope over a daily basis for a long time until it burnt
3) proton fitted an inferior or not QCed clutch set - wrongly assembled etc - just imagine only, no evident yet for this kind of suspected negligence from proton
4) as some bro here suggest, some leaking on the clutch set.

under the warranty agreement, proton will not pay for wear & tear parts. but this still can be nego with the SC ppl if its genuinely not caused by your daily usage...jus my opinion only......

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

checked with proton SC, the cost to replace whole set of clutch for BLM is out rm600 plus exclude labor, coz they are willing to waive the labor if the car is serviced promptly with proton.

but before replacing, its advisable to send your car in and they will remove the clutch set to see the condition and the technical dept will determine cause of damage/slip, 50:50 chance you need not pay for the replacement/repair. but 1 condition, your car must be serviced by proton according to their schedule - 1000km,5000km,10,000km and every subsequent 10,000km....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to change my savvy engine. any sifu here pls advise which engine suitable for savvy
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience