Wira Sunroof

ecran

ecran

Mar 25, 2005
hi to all sifu here,was planning to get my wira install a sunroof.
i heard from fren that it was illegal.. cannot approve from JPJ. kalau nampak
road blok pandai pandai lah tupai melompat....
just need to know is that so serious that if i install a sunroof on my wira..
if kena caught by those JPJ what they will do to me ????
any sifu experience b4...really interested on installing the sunroof.
coz got cheap sunroof from kedai potong..
the sunroof come with the whole pieces big one.... not like those potong empat segi
then install one...

All sifu pls comment>>>>

crystal_method

Known Member

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
about the sunroof

hey there,

actually when u think about it, there's nothing so 'serious' about slicing a big hole in ur roof and covering it with a slab of glass/perspex - i.e: adding a sunroof. was in a fren's satria recently and he had a custom made sunroof happening and ngam ngam we got into a jay pee jay roadblock... interestingly enuff, they didn't even notice but i guess we got lucky...

i suppose JpeeJ don't wan ppl doing the sunroof thing on their protons not cos it causes any real danger to the driver/other road users/the car itself, but mainly jus because they've basically said don't change the outlook of ur car from its' original form in any way i guess. i say if u wanna do da sunroof jus go ahead n do it, if u get caught i don't think they'll impound ur ride or any kinda serious sh.t like tat la hehe! better they let us mod our local cars rather then we opt for foreign rides 2 mod *sigh* JPJ JPJ.... f.ckers... hehehe j/k.. j/k...

ecran

ecran

Mar 25, 2005
crystal_mehod thank you for ur info.... bro

then it mean 1 more wira sunroof going on the road now

heheh... wira sunroof rules!!!!

h22abigtec

Known Member

h22abigtec

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Shah Alam
:D :D if want to make s/roof go ahead.....biarkan jpj???????
but if you want cara baik kena apply kat bhg teknik jpj p/jaya after diluluskan.....you kena prepare
1-Resit beli bumbong yg ada cop kena potong tu.
2-Resit kedai dimana bumbong tu dipasang..mesti kena cop juga
3-gambar setelah dipasang
4-serba sedikit cerita mcm mana bumbong tu dipasang.
5-Geran original keta..
After dia orng puas hati...dia suroh pergi puspakom...utk inspection......after lulus bawa pergi keta bagi tu JPJ tengok dng mata kepala sendiri....puas hati...baru lulus....cop kat geran...bagi tu keta ada ubah suai....
aaaaaaaaa panjang cita ooooo....that why org ....buat secara haram......procedure menyusahkan....up to youlah.....but kalu kena tahan sendiri mau ingat.....saman ooooo tiada belas kasiahn punya....ok cau... :D

midie

midie

Jun 18, 2005
Shah Alam
JpJ tak approve ker ?

Tapi Dlm Web site dia

http://www.jpj.gov.my/mportal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=166&limit=1&limitstart=1

Terdapat pengubahsuaian atau pemasangan aksesori yang boleh dilakukan tanpa mendapatkan kelulusan daripada Ketua Pengarah JPJ, terutamanya pengubahsuaian atau pemasangan yang tidak memberi kesan kepada ciri-ciri, kestabilan dan keselamatan kenderaan berkenaan seperti:-

-
Pemasangan air spoiler di bahagian hadapan dan belakang.

-
Pemasangan side skirt, aerofoil dan door visor pada kereta.

-
Pemasangan protecting guards pada bahagian hadapan dan belakang kereta.

-
Pengubahsuaian kecil pada radiator grilles, bonet atau bentuk serta rekabentuk lampu-lampu.

-
Pengubahsuaian kecil pada radiator grilles, bonet atau bentuk serta rekabentuk lampu-lampu.

-
Pengubahsuaian kecil dan melebarkan tyre wings atau mudguard.

-
Pengubahsuaian atau pemasangan tambahan bumper besar (sama ada jenis keluli atau fibreglass) pada bahagian hadapan dan belakang.

-
Pemasangan rim dan tayar yang lebih besar.

-
Pemasangan para bumbung.

-
Pemasangan sun roof di atas bumbung.

-
Pemasangan lampu brek tambahan (berwarna merah) atau lampu penunjuk arah (berwarna amber).

-
Pemasangan spot light atau lampu halogen (kedua-duanya berwarna putih dan kuning) pada bahagian hadapan sahaja iaitu tambahan kepada lampu yang sedia ada.

-
Pemasangan pengadang angin, penutup lampu fibreglass dan penutup enjin fibreglass pada bahagian hadapan motosikal di mana aksesori-aksesori ini tidak terkeluar dari hujung pemegang motosikal.

TiBuN

Known Member

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Sun roof can be installed. Need JPJ approval. End of story.

They scared you cut pillar A when you install, hence it's illegal.

If the modding method is correct, meaning cut the RIGHT place.... install the right way, the approval eventually will be ok.

Usually people do transplant + sunroof, so 1 kali settle. 1 inspection required only.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
before confirming the purchase of the sunroof, see if the rubber seal lining is good or not. I wouldn't want to see the sun roofed car owner using umbrella inside the car when raining.....much less seeing pinggan mangkuk inside car to catch drips from the roof lining.

Rubber seal is very important....

Lsstly, happy sun-roofing!

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
true kalau masuk air habis la.......karat whole roof tak payah sun roof already

open air......like Peugeot 206 those car.....hahahahaha

amadeus

Known Member

amadeus

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
guys, since this topic talks about sunroof, may i know how much does it cost to install ?

amadeus

Known Member

amadeus

Known Member
Dec 28, 2005
errr... both of it.

the cost of the sunroof and the charges to install.

ken, is it going to cost more than 1.5K ?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I last time install the sun roof at my toyota LE. I did that at pasar road, KL. Labor and new sun roof cost sum up to abt RM900.00 3 hours job. **So sayang seeing them jigsawing my car roof*** The glass was made in germany, but don't know about the seals. After driving for 4 years, no water leak problem. The only thing that I dislike is the original slight tinted glass, makes a bitch to drive in hot days...,. However it sort of giving the car a roomier and livelier environment. But eventually had to paste darker tint over the glass.......

The sunroof was kinda nice, gerls like to look at it when they ride in the car.....Always ask question abt it. hehehe..the sunroof can be a babe-magnat, in a way.....

Lambert

Known Member

Lambert

Known Member
Sep 18, 2005
Seremban
really wanna install arr??? some of my friend cry after install, cause at this rainly boleh land, the rain will go into ur car if not properly installed.....

putra4767

500 RPM

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
sunroof

I have installed a sunroof for my putra recently..

I also heard loads of story saying that it's illegal & requires approval from JPJ.

Sum say need & sum say no need..I also dunno.

satria_95

6,000 RPM

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Considering that the labour in malaysia is almost untrustworthy, I would rather buy another roof and cut that roof instead. Install the sun roof on that "new" roof, then test it thoroughly to ensure no water leaks. Leave it out in the sun, rain, sun, rain, etc. to see if the seals really work. Then only install that whole roof on my car.
If that can't be done, then I won't even bother about a sun roof. Would rather spend it on ICE and making my car comfy, like maybe a convertible bed. hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's time to break your bank account: the world's best handling sports car just got better.

Making it's debut at the New York Auto Show, the S2000 CR features a higher level of track-worthiness and style to the original S2000 roadster.

"The S2000 CR is the closest thing you can get to a Honda-built race car with license plate holders and a horn,"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience