(Nearly) New Airtrek Owner

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Stock boost is around 0.6 bar. I recalled back in the days when my turbo, ECU and injectors were still stock, I have raised the boost to 1.1 bar without an issue. I drove the car for 3 years before I upgraded all the hardware from Evo and dyno-tune the car to run at 1.6 bar.

The difference in terms of power was very obvious from 0.6 bar to 1.1 bar. Guarantee you'll grin ear to ear whenever you boost.

However you need to make sure your car is in very good condition. I was running the stock intercooler but with upgraded intercooler piping. The stock rubber pipes expands due heat and high boost loosing response. Good luck!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Stock boost is around 0.6 bar. I recalled back in the days when my turbo, ECU and injectors were still stock, I have raised the boost to 1.1 bar without an issue. I drove the car for 3 years before I upgraded all the hardware from Evo and dyno-tune the car to run at 1.6 bar.

The difference in terms of power was very obvious from 0.6 bar to 1.1 bar. Guarantee you'll grin ear to ear whenever you boost.

However you need to make sure your car is in very good condition. I was running the stock intercooler but with upgraded intercooler piping. The stock rubber pipes expands due heat and high boost loosing response. Good luck!
When my vacuum hose came loose after radiator repair, my boost went up to 1 bar plus, the difference in power was awesome.......lol

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
When my vacuum hose came loose after radiator repair, my boost went up to 1 bar plus, the difference in power was awesome.......lol
Yes it is! The difference was obvious. Back then, how I wish I have an electronic boost controller that has the scramble boost function. Reminds me of "Gone in 60 seconds". Hahaha..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes it is! The difference was obvious. Back then, how I wish I have an electronic boost controller that has the scramble boost function. Reminds me of "Gone in 60 seconds". Hahaha..
Yah! friend say cheap way use "tulang ikan" fish tank air control....lol

Now you back to NA cannot boost dy......hhahhahhahaa

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yah! friend say cheap way use "tulang ikan" fish tank air control....lol

Now you back to NA cannot boost dy......hhahhahhahaa
Haha.. that will work too but I had changed 2 boost controller last time. A cheap type that looks like cigarette lighter with flat knob on top but lasted only for 3 years before I changed it to Works Engineering one that was sold with the car.

Yup, no more boost, no more forced induction. I have missed it. Now, I start to tune my 13B. A sneak peek one the mod in the long list.... hehehe.. will share more when the project completes in 3 months.

I'll be back!! (to the car mod world)

Attachments

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha.. that will work too but I had changed 2 boost controller last time. A cheap type that looks like cigarette lighter with flat knob on top but lasted only for 3 years before I changed it to Works Engineering one that was sold with the car.

Yup, no more boost, no more forced induction. I have missed it. Now, I start to tune my 13B. A sneak peek one the mod in the long list.... hehehe.. will share more when the project completes in 3 months.

You cannot tahan dy.....hhahahhahhah

That is why VR still kept, wife gets the goodies getting the new car.....lol

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

Hi bro it's been awhile, you're modding rotary now? I remember you told me you were going to sell it a year ago when I was enquiring your Airtrek hehehe :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo, all sifu. I am newbie in car, please help me out please. I am driving toyota corolla AE110 limited editon and previously i drive reach 120km/h & above, i heard nothing. Last month i found out that my car is "eating" the engine oil so i go and change the valve seal and the problem solve. After done the valve seal i got reach to 120km/h & above. i got heard no sound at all, since last week once i reach 120km/h i heard beep sound inside the car. i have no idea what is it, where is it come...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience