Audi TT Mk1 owners

xxxhighxxx

xxxhighxxx

Jul 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Calling all Audi TT mk1 owners here,

the car is not in the teens of its life,
care to share the issues that you might face at this time and age?

I m planning to buy a 2nd hand model and just would like to have a feel of the faults out there to prepare myself.

Ive read all the good parts about the car jus wanna know the cons now

Maybe you can share on where old cars like these can be serviced as well

Thanks buddies!

Last edited:

jay_lancer

Known Member

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
My last daily driving car in the UK before moving to Asia was an 2001 Audi TT, I miss it.

owned it for about 5 years and sold in 2015 before moving to Thailand.

Issues I had, issue with the cooling fan relay that caused overheating until fixed, worn rear suspension bushes making rear camber issues that can wear out the rear tires prematurely, gear selector on top of the gearbox got loose once making it hard to change gear, had to change the MAF sensor a couple of time and a couple of coil packs. That is all I can remember, that said I put a lot of miles on the car and it never actually let me down. The engine bay is very tight and hard to work on, my UK mechanic moaned when I took it to him to get things done.

There is a good UK biased forum I was a member of:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

if you buy one worth joining this forum.

hope that helps

cheers

Attachments

jay_lancer

Known Member

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
And everyone will learn malaysian english.
IMHO Malaysia has one of the best countries for English spoken and written in the region, maybe only Singapore and HK are better. :biggrin:

Google must agree which is why their Asia region head office is KL

Philippines does have fairly good English but with a very strong American accent and so coming from the UK I find Malaysian English much better than Filipino English :proud:

Only thing I don't know why is the meaning of 'lah' on the end of the sentence (Singaporeans do it too) :confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Only thing I don't know why is the meaning of 'lah' on the end of the sentence (Singaporeans do it too) :confused:
It doesn't really have a meaning. It's just there to accentuate a sentence or phrase.

Kinda like the English "wot" or the aussie casual "f*ck" which kinda don't have any meaning and only is just there to accentuate the meaning or sentence.

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
-lah actually comes from the malay language. We carried it over to english. I was referring to the "dy" word used by v2rturbo. it is short for already. Some say it as odi, I like to jokingly use "audi".

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
-lah actually comes from the malay language. We carried it over to english. I was referring to the "dy" word used by v2rturbo. it is short for already. Some say it as odi, I like to jokingly use "audi".
Bad influence from using whats apps because many try to shorten the words. Used to type full wording in the forum.....lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
IMHO Malaysia has one of the best countries for English spoken and written in the region, maybe only Singapore and HK are better. :biggrin:

Google must agree which is why their Asia region head office is KL

Philippines does have fairly good English but with a very strong American accent and so coming from the UK I find Malaysian English much better than Filipino English :proud:

Because we were under British rule last time......:biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
jay lancer, word -lah is universal...just any sentence can end with -lah.
you may try it out lah. You see ? lah...Drop in mivec lah.:rofl:

Ooops...back to TS topic lah. Alignment out again lah.

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Since I am English educated, my BM already bad, BM shorten I actually almost don't understand at all.......lol:rofl:
is not only shorten, but mix of multiple language and HOMONYMS. Even need to ask.
2dia, tukaq apa2. Sy pun x tau. Sap kok lu ahhh...kekeke. Never ending learning.
Not encourage for student. Later Fail bahasa.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope bros here can help a little

currently my car have some dent and rust..so i do all the bodywork,knocking and simen all by myself..but the problem now..i dun hv enuff money to paint my car

so is there anything i can spray?not the normal can..cos when i wanna paint..all musr rub again..i need something to spray just for a meanwhile by tyhe time i get enuff money

is there anything like can type undercoat for automotive use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience