No dedicated section about motorbikes in zth?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
the new Modenas Pulsar is promising. it is source from Bajaj which also manufacture for some of KTM dukes bikes.
Planning to get the cafe racer.
There are only 1 issues i see with modenas. spare parts is not easy to source

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yep our local traffic very good better if its raining...u can sleep in car while waiting....some even dance on their cars LOL

Honestly riding a bike to work, every night I'll kiss all my kids with all my heart coz u won't know whether u'll able to kiss them again tomorrow......
Yup, very true. My friend's hubby rides a scooter to work. Already late 40's and ride slow on the left lane. Was hit by a car and broke his leg. Out of commission for a few months....:nurse::bawling:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Problem with Malaysian drivers is the ego they had when driving car. Once these drivers get in their car, the road is theirs. Things i hate abt Malaysian drivers when i am riding;
1.They dont use their indicator. If they use, it will be when they are half way in your lane and squeezing you.
2.Lorry drivers dont bother abt us except petrol tankers (i salute them).
3.Notice how drivers in UK even the police will make a gap for biker to go through during jam...There are no law on this but they still do that. Drivers in Malaysia dont bother to put their car in the middle of a lane. I only encounter once a driver makes a gap when he notice i was approaching and his car is stopping in the road shoulder.
4.Drivers whom are not riders dont understand that when its raining,you overtake us and straightaway cut back in...all the dirty water disperse from your tire will fly straight for our face.
5.Stop trying to drag race with us at traffic light.None of you have the get up and go potential as us.
6.Stop using your damn mobile phone while driving, you can kill us.
7.Is it so hard to apologize when you nearly killed us? A chinese uncle apologise by raising his hand and nodding his head after he made a fast and furious move by overtaking me and braking hard to turn.....twice.ho notices his mistake and even slow down to let me pass and apologise.

Thats all from deep down my heart as a biker in Malaysia.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The problem is not all bikers like you. Many spoil the bikers image. Most bikers I see on the road, beat traffic lights, race, don't signal too, change lane as they please and so on. The real bad thing is now I also see cars also beat traffic light....:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
i am still riding a bike to work and do cycles at times. it is dangerous i would say, but it is my daily commute

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i am still riding a bike to work and do cycles at times. it is dangerous i would say, but it is my daily commute
I used to bike to the foothills then do my hikes, but due to the level of traffic, drive there now....:banghead:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Problem with Malaysian drivers is the ego they had when driving car. Once these drivers get in their car, the road is theirs. Things i hate abt Malaysian drivers when i am riding;
1.They dont use their indicator. If they use, it will be when they are half way in your lane and squeezing you.
2.Lorry drivers dont bother abt us except petrol tankers (i salute them).
3.Notice how drivers in UK even the police will make a gap for biker to go through during jam...There are no law on this but they still do that. Drivers in Malaysia dont bother to put their car in the middle of a lane. I only encounter once a driver makes a gap when he notice i was approaching and his car is stopping in the road shoulder.
4.Drivers whom are not riders dont understand that when its raining,you overtake us and straightaway cut back in...all the dirty water disperse from your tire will fly straight for our face.
5.Stop trying to drag race with us at traffic light.None of you have the get up and go potential as us.
6.Stop using your damn mobile phone while driving, you can kill us.
7.Is it so hard to apologize when you nearly killed us? A chinese uncle apologise by raising his hand and nodding his head after he made a fast and furious move by overtaking me and braking hard to turn.....twice.ho notices his mistake and even slow down to let me pass and apologise.

Thats all from deep down my heart as a biker in Malaysia.
i feel you bro.
i riding ex5 since form 5 until married got son only i stop riding on open road. Ride in taman pusing pusing only.
Stop riding also becos, near die but miss. My ex5 suddenly lost power when i overtake 40 footer. Honda civic coming fast from behind. But driver manage avoid me. Either i go under lorry or i fly.

Riding bike is fun when jammed. During raining, extra careful or stop bv below bridge (that one also got vehicles sapu !!!)
While using penang bridge, cross wind is enemy.
Water splashing, dun need to say.

i always think for motorcyclist, i've been through it.
Always use side mirror properly (set to widest range, not see own car door.)

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
the new Modenas Pulsar is promising. it is source from Bajaj which also manufacture for some of KTM dukes bikes.
Planning to get the cafe racer.
There are only 1 issues i see with modenas. spare parts is not easy to source
This one also nice, Modenas RS200, RM11.3k, :smokin:

or this, Modenas NS200, RM9.2k only. :biggrin:

Both are using the free-revving KTM Duke 200 single cylinder engine, with slight modification and detuning. I plan to get the NS200, but want to wait for user feedback and review first.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
This one also nice, Modenas RS200, RM11.3k, :smokin:

or this, Modenas NS200, RM9.2k only. :biggrin:

Both are using the free-revving KTM Duke 200 single cylinder engine, with slight modification and detuning. I plan to get the NS200, but want to wait for user feedback and review first.
knowing modenas, parts will be limited. as for the bikes, it should be good investment before proceeding to superbike

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Do you think the Modenas *200 model able to coup with current 150cc moped on the road (Y15zr vs RS150r vs Benelli RFS150i)?

The RS200 looks like Yamaha R25 thou

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Do you think the Modenas *200 model able to coup with current 150cc moped on the road (Y15zr vs RS150r vs Benelli RFS150i)?

The RS200 looks like Yamaha R25 thou
It should based on the spec.

However,it cant keep up when you need to filter during traffic jam. Thats one of the reason i decide to buy a super moped in future....that and the fact that i will need to replace the reat tire soon.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
It should based on the spec.

However,it cant keep up when you need to filter during traffic jam. Thats one of the reason i decide to buy a super moped in future....that and the fact that i will need to replace the reat tire soon.
If comparing spec on paper alone not justified enough until tested it on the road...on paper for current super moped for example, Honda RS150r beats yamaha Y15zr in almost all area including DOHC, 6 speed etc but on the road it still can't beat the y15 who comes with SOHC, 5 speed & lower hp & torque

Im currently riding on super-moped....its good & fast enough to commute to work without paying SBK maintenance....still arrive at office behind same SBK from house coz morning traffic they can't speed up LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda's all new City arrives Malaysia with fresh 121ps 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engines, including the hero car, a world's first, twin electric motor hybrid City e:HEV RS as one of the 4 variants offered.

City RS e:HEV : 108ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / RS bodykit / Price: TBA

City S / E / V Models: 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Prices: V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience