TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Test: Nismo X-Trail
Photos / Words: Tom
Car: Nismo Malaysia - Edaran Tan Chong Motor

Hmmm,.. a Nismo X-Trail?
Are we nuts to be putting up an SUV on Zerotohundred.com? No. Most SUVs don't get any cooler than this one. It's a 2006 Nismo X-Trail. I don't know what you think, but this is certainly something I wouldn't mind having.
What's So Special?
A quick glance and you should be able to spot the difference and the extras compared to a regular 2006 Nissan X-Trail. 18" Nismo LMX5 wheels makes the most impact on its looks. Other aesthetics include the Nismo Aerokit which consists of a front and rear spoiler.

But, an SUV?
There has been a huge following with mad MPVs in Japan, which did make it here, though only picking up, the craze is still pretty much alive and in fact, growing. So, what about SUVs? Over in the US, It's the SUVs. Gigantic chrome or polished wheels, low riding, which, the really tricked-out ones are mostly owned by rappers and gangsters.
It's almost impossible to own the classic Hummers and Escalades here, although there's a handful of Hummers running around with a couple of them rolling on 22"s very much like the guys on MTV.

What I'm trying to say is, If you're tired with cars, or plan to hibernate the cars till the weekend but still a car junky, MPVs and SUVs are the vehicles to go for, though MPVs wouldn't be as practical when tricked-out. Unlike those days, these things, called "4X4"s are no longer restricted to commercial use anymore. They sure don't look like what they did those days. Look at the Nissan Murano. It's crazy where the designs are heading.
You may think I'm crazy, but if you're interested in "Pimped Trucks", Imagine this particular Nismo X-Trail, Imagine a Japanese version of the Escalade. See the resemblance? No? Nevermind. I'm telling you, you got to see it in the flesh. The Nismo X-Trail is really something. Something that will replace that Skyline or Silvia on weekdays.
Just look at it. Bulging fenders, giant headlights, bigger wheels, intimidating stance. The Nismo X-Trail has the essence that will not only earn the respect of a car junky, it also reserves plenty of potential for pimping".

How it drives?
The Nismo X-Trail isn't only about aesthetics, there are minor engine performance and much needed suspension upgrades. Engine power benefits from a Nismo Air Filter and Nismo approved Weldina stainless steel exhaust system. Certainly provides substantial increase to the 180ps QR25DE 2.5-litre 4 cylinder. Although performance goodies are limited, it still propels itself pretty well for an SUV. Skyline GT-R inspired four-wheel-drive is a plus point though most wouldn't go off road in their lifetime, the all-wheel drivetrain proved to be plenty of fun on rainy days.
Here's where it gets a little more interesting. The Nismo X-Trail, not being your regular SUV, is in fact much like a performance SUV. The ride is firmer and lower, the roll is minimized, all through the Nismo G-Attack S-Tune suspension system. It does handle surprisingly well for an SUV.

To sum it up, from the Zerotohundred.com world point of view, The Nismo X-Trail is one SUV that could replace our precious show cars for daily driving while maintaining our status and impression of car junkies who are in the know. In Short, you won't be accused of driving your dad's 4X4.
Nismo G-Attack S-Tune Suspension System
Price including installation: RM2,500.00
Nismo Weldina Sports Main Muffler
Price including installation: RM4,600
Nismo LMX5 18" Alloy Road Wheel
Price per piece: RM2,500.00
Nismo Racing Radiator Cap
Price: RM400
Nismo Engine Oil Filter
Price including installation: RM350.00
Nismo Air Filter Element
Price including installation: RM600.00
Nismo Oil Filler Cap
Price: RM500.00
Nismo Fuel Filler Cap
Price: RM450.00
Nismo Wheel Nut Set
Price Per 20-piece set: RM600.00
Nismo Air Valve Cap Set
Price per 4-piece set: RM400.00
For More Information regarding the X-Trail:
http://www.nissan.com.my
http://www.x-trail.com.my
For More Information regarding the Nismo Range:
Call Alan Khoo: +603 4047 8786
Email Nismo: [email protected]

More Images Below:

Last edited:

ping5828

Known Member
Jul 13, 2005
Miri,Malaysia
should be very pricey.... all the add on stuff cost almost 20K edi....
But nice car....

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
nice, luxurious and drives well.. light steering, good 4wd system (skyline derived.. whut do u expect) and really good interior n exterior styling..

driven the nismo xtrail on nissan's open day last year (besides test driving the nismo 350z as well heheh)

pricey? not really, was quoted quite fair price and without d/payment as well..

nice family car.. would love for the nismo LM's to be larger though heheh..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just received my car last friday and noticed the 'check engine light' never lights up just before starting the engine. If i'm not mistaken, the light should be turned on automatically for a few seconds before/during starting the engine?:confused: Anybody have any experience about this? Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience