Toyota Vios- Front disk Brake make noise

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, to all sifu, i just hear that my car (Toyota Vios- Years09) front disk brake making noise when i press the brake. it sound like.....ee...eee...ee...ee. i just check for the brake myself but i don't no what is the problems because seems like everything is normal even the disk rotors. so, can you share your experience if you faced this kind of problems before and would you like to share it with me?? Thanks you very much....:confused:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
sounds like the brake pad has reached the safety pin mark, try and check your brake pad level.

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
But i just changed my brake pad last year and the mileage of this new break pad still under 15K. So, i think the brake pad is still new.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, to all sifu, i just hear that my car (Toyota Vios- Years09) front disk brake making noise when i press the brake. it sound like.....ee...eee...ee...ee. i just check for the brake myself but i don't no what is the problems because seems like everything is normal even the disk rotors. so, can you share your experience if you faced this kind of problems before and would you like to share it with me?? Thanks you very much....:confused:
Certain brands do make a lot of noises

Especially the lower quality ones...

Invest in ori...

Last longer....

Less skimming on your disc...

More stopping power!

Adds up to total peace of mind and safety....:wavey:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
have u take out ur rims and check the brake pad?it doesnt matter how many km u had traveled, as one, driving behavior can caused the brake pad to finish prematurely, like hard braking and etc,

what brand of brake pad u r using? the ee ee ee is every time u depressing ur brake?
if yes, ur brake pad had worn out, juz change, if sometimes only or when u depress hard enuf there is no sound,den just dust...
:smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
some brake pads tend to behave weird, after soaked with water. This is more pronounced after very heavy rain. My frens car brake emit ee ee ee sound after been driven through flood water. After checking by mech, the pads were found with moisture content inside.

Must be some cheapo or made in China stuff.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You can't base a brakepads lifespan on the years it's been used and distance travelled la.

If it's gone it's gone. Doesn't matter it's 1 year or 3 months.

That kind of sound 90% of the time means it's a problem with the brakepads. If you DIY it's a 15minute job.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Then you got to check you pads. Is it a performance pad? Performance pads that are harder (like those 500 C) pads tend to sound a little.

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hey, bro...i just realized that my brakes pads make this kind of sounds during rainy days......normal days don't have any sounds...so, may i know what is the problems cause it to produce this kind of sound during rainy days???

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think it's the composition of the brake pad materials. High metal content?

Sumitomo is original Vios pads meh?

Gongchia

Known Member
Sep 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i don't really known whether sumitomo is the vios ori brake pads but its corporate with toyota and most of the toyota vehicles used sumitomo brake pads...i just send my car to check last month because there is also a sound occur to my brakes. but that time is the rear drum brake .......during checking, there open all the rims and check for the brakes. on that time, i saw my disk brake pads is still very new....

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

if the knuckle bearing having problems, than it will make noise regularly but this kind of sounds appear when i press the brake during rainy days. normal days don't have any sounds.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
some brake pads tend to behave weird, after soaked with water. This is more pronounced after very heavy rain. My frens car brake emit ee ee ee sound after been driven through flood water. After checking by mech, the pads were found with moisture content inside.

Must be some cheapo or made in China stuff.
Made in China still ok....

What about MADE IN JINJANG?

Or

MADE IN SEKINCHAN?:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How's it goin folks... quick question to all that've upgraded their car's air filter... I just installed a Hurricane air filter in my Kelisa... the problem is when the mechanic installed it, he said he couldn't screw the whole air filter system on the engine... so basically he just screwed the head of the filter tube to the engine but left everything else "loose" <-- direct quote from the Abang mechanic... did you guys also encounter this problem when you upgraded your air filters...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience