DIY the "probably the only real FUEL SAVER"

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Hi DIY sifus,

I have been contemplating for a while. Whether or not to post this DIY. I stumbled upon this idea when my friend was surfing the net. It is NOT my idea. From the net all over the world, people have done this. Some are very successfully reducing their FC by 50% and more as they claim. Since theirs is a DIY also, I see no reason for them to lie about it.

You can search by yourself in google.

The principle is based on replacing the burn material. This device will create 2 part Hydrogen gas and 1 part Oxygen gas from Water, H20, by process of simple water electrolysis. H2 is the burn material that is supposed to replace PART OF fuel (not totally replace). Hence, will save your fuel. Simple concept eh?

There are many debates on this issue. From the energy transfer (efficiency), the burn rate of H2 and fuel comparison, etc etc etc (the list goes on). But the fact still remains is that many people in the world already happy saving fuel with their own DIY. Im not going to debate on it. If you dont believe it, then dont do it. I am not making money from this either. Just the sheer thoughts of helping fellow Malaysians if it works. If it not work, then you just lost a few 10s of bucks.

My first prototype is 50% complete. I do not have time to continue yet. But I will when the time permits.

This is the schematic diagram for it. Very simple. Care must be taken not to short the + and - plates.

The items needed (depending on your design):
1. Plastic Container that can fit in your car bonet - must be heat proof and airtight.

2. Stainless Steel plates - this is difficult item to find. If unavailable, you have to improvise like me.

3. Stainless Steel bolts and nuts - not so easy to find either, should be available in a few hardware shops.

4. Some thick wires.

5. Small Plastic tubing.

Power supply is from your car battery alone. But in other designs, I found that some even put the DC-DC converter PWM supply to their H2 generator. 12V DC is converted to 50 or even 100V DC PWM (square wave). The reason to make it a PWM is so that less energy is dissipated as heat (ie, electrolysis based on molecules agitation from oscillating potential difference)...

Here is some video of my tests:

1. With a stainless steel ruler. YouTube - Hydrogen Generator Test 2

2. The actual prototype. YouTube - Hydrogen Generator Test 1
YouTube - Hydrogen Generator Test 3

The quality of video is not so good. But i think should be able to see the rate of bubbles coming out with just using 4 plates and 12V. If used 20 plates and 12V i think will be enough to give impact to your Fuel Consumption. I cannot say for sure, since i havent actually tested it.

Good luck to you all if u want to DIY it too.

I will be continue to posting the prototype updates and test results etc.

Attachments

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
hahahah... true true .. schematic like 1 year old boy writing kakakaka....

SentraVIP

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
Ok, cool. But where to install these? Intake tract? Before or after MAP/MAF sensor?

Another big Q is that, on a injection car, how are we gonna tune down the injector flow rate? Aftermarket?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
direct the gas to your air intake.

i guess dont need to tune anything. your O2 sensor
in the exhaust will feedback the "too rich" signal (as more
"fuel" (ie H2 gas) is injected) to your ECU, and your ECU
will tone down the fuel injector.

like i said, i have not yet test it myself. so i cant claim
anything. but my thinking is this will really work.

SentraVIP

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
That's cool, but if it works too well, it will fool the ECU to think that something is wrong with the fuel system as the 02 readings doesn't match the injector cycle causing it to go into 'limp mode'?

Anyway, in time of desperate... You might be the savior for us all. Awaits your good results from you then.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
hehe... ok... i understand your concern.

you are not the only one.

so far only me and my fren doing this. and another crazy fella ZTHian oso going to do it 100% run by H2 for his Kancil..

SentraVIP

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
I think it will be easier to make it work on carbs rather than fuel injected as you'll only have to worry about fabrication and one time tuning on the carbs while on injections, there's always worries of ECU and it's various sensors interfering with the A/F and ignition.

RyanTham

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cheras
my car i think using air flow sensor.not o2 sensor..so should be no prob using this as well...haha.
nice job post starter..looking for good results from u !

SentraVIP

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
my car i think using air flow sensor.not o2 sensor..so should be no prob using this as well...haha.
nice job post starter..looking for good results from u !
Erm... All EFI cars has O2 sensor. It's located at the exhaust manifold. It reads your A/F mixture and feedback to your ECU.

There are two type of airflow sensor. MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) and MAF (Mass Air Flow).

FortisCuore

Nov 20, 2007
I dont get it.How is this gonna save fuel.All I see is that he hook this up to the battery...

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
this generator is in simplest form. for avoiding a backfire, use a simple
bubbler.

FortisCuore, i try to explain the concept. This thing is hooked up to the car battery so that the process of electrolysis can be done to the water inside the tank. electrolysis is the process of breaking up water molecules H2O into its atoms ie Hydrogen and Oxygen gas.

we all know that Hydrogen gas is explosive. so it will in a way, replace the fuel as firepower. so from the electrolysis process, H2 and O2 is generated. these gases is then fed to the air intake.

the equation:-

CURRENTLY IN YOUR ENGINE:
FUEL + AIR = explosion + residue Oxygen + hydrocarbon gases (side product of combustion from fuel+air combustion.

AFTER FED THE H2+O2 GASES:
FUEL+AIR+H2+O2 = explosion + less residue Oxygen + hydrocarbon gases.

Since less residue O2 is output to the exhaust manifold, O2 sensor will detect it and ECU will try to maintain the airfuel ratio by reducing the fuel. therefore less fuel for the same firepower --> save fuel!

FortisCuore

Nov 20, 2007
OHHHHH i get it now,I jus never knew where it went after you hook i up to the battery [lol]. So we have all that in a covered container and the hook it up to the air intake,the gases from the process is fed with the air taken in and...OK i get it now :D.
ONE MORE THING...How do we prevent the WATER from gettin into the intake,how's it shielded to only get the gases.I ask cause I didnt c any hook up in the vids

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Ok, good question.

firstly, my prototype is not yet 100% complete. thats y u see only 4 plates. i need to make another 20 or so...

after complete, only then i buy the plastic tubing to direct it to the air intake.

the idea is to share the intake with stock air intake. so normal air will go in as well as your h2 gases. water will not go in your intake since you have a bubbler. and if it goes in by any chance, there will be NO problem. water is also a side product in your engine combustion, did u know? thats why if a new car (good condition engine), always can see water dripping at the exhaust..