2017 Mazda CX-5

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
2L weaker than tofu, but beats that Subaru XV by a mile. What a waste the XV is pretty nice, more so than the HRV.

Tell me which SUV got better driving dynamics than the CX5? Don't tell me CX3. It's a SUV, can only be *that* dynamic.

The Levorg has a stupid price so forget about it. The CX5 with 2L would still be the realm of possibilities.
which suv have better driving dynamic than cx5?

its forester!

cx3 is in range of hrv, xv...

cx5 is forester, crv, xtrail range

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Alright, buy buy! :biggrin: :driver:
Unker.. you think I print money meh? I would've if I could've but I can't so I won't. Not now anyway.

2L weaker than tofu, but beats that Subaru XV by a mile. What a waste the XV is pretty nice, more so than the HRV.

Tell me which SUV got better driving dynamics than the CX5? Don't tell me CX3. It's a SUV, can only be *that* dynamic.

The Levorg has a stupid price so forget about it. The CX5 with 2L would still be the realm of possibilities.
CX5 price range tbh I think the Forester drives better. But I wouldn't know since I didn't really get to test it. I know VR2turbo has one in the family and they are a family of giants. All above 6ft tall except for the wife who's 5ft8 and the daughter who's about 5ft 9. They've tested the CX5, Xtrail, etc and ended up with the Forester cuz the way it drives was superior in every sense. But having seen the interior of the Forester vs the competition, I think it really depends on what it is you want. Driving comfort, space, driving dynamics, handling, etc. All different answers if you ask me.

But I hate SUVs. So fark all of you SUVs.

And driving dynamics is not determined by power under the hood...
Yeah agree with this.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sadly... limited by $$$ lor. If can I want to have a inline 6 3L engine under the hood of the car. Over a turbocharged 2L 4 cylinder.. but roadtax alone also pay through the ass.

And driving dynamics is not determined by power under the hood...
Then don't buy. Buy something smaller which are still ok with smaller 2.0l engine.

Well lack of power will quickly make the car boring to drive, IMHO. It's a big SUV anyway, how much driving dynamics can you expect from it?? Therefore, the power under the hood becomes more important to make the car at least more interesting to drive. But again I'm with Izso, I don't like SUVs, no matter how good it is!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
CX5 price range tbh I think the Forester drives better. But I wouldn't know since I didn't really get to test it. I know VR2turbo has one in the family and they are a family of giants. All above 6ft tall except for the wife who's 5ft8 and the daughter who's about 5ft 9. They've tested the CX5, Xtrail, etc and ended up with the Forester cuz the way it drives was superior in every sense. But having seen the interior of the Forester vs the competition, I think it really depends on what it is you want. Driving comfort, space, driving dynamics, handling, etc. All different answers if you ask me.

Wife tested X-Trail, CX-5 and Forester. CRV for the price at that time we get lowest spec so we left that out. X-Trail head room was not good, did not like the rear seats too. Then test CX-5, was suppose to buy because we saw forester price was out of budget. Then bro. pomen inform go and test first then talk to SA, because big discount coming for CKD model. We arrange for test drive and wife immediately fell for it. When SA manage to bring price down to match CX-5, no looking back. Almost everything in place, price, head room, space, visibility also (forester glass area is big) and bonus is AWD, since the other all are 2WD only, and with i-P model comes with power boot door, driver and passenger power seats, paddle shifter, 7 air bags....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then don't buy. Buy something smaller which are still ok with smaller 2.0l engine.

Well lack of power will quickly make the car boring to drive, IMHO. It's a big SUV anyway, how much driving dynamics can you expect from it?? Therefore, the power under the hood becomes more important to make the car at least more interesting to drive. But again I'm with Izso, I don't like SUVs, no matter how good it is!
Both not uncle enough yet. I use to dislike SUV also, but now having driven the Forester quite like it.....lol:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Both not uncle enough yet. I use to dislike SUV also, but now having driven the Forester quite like it.....lol:biggrin:
The thing is I don't think SUV has any real purpose for me. I don't need to go to into forests or rough terrains or thru floods, hence I don't need an SUV. If I want to go real fast, I buy a real performance car. If I want big space to carry lots of stuff/people, I just buy an MPV or at least a station wagon. If I want to have fun in the corners, I just by a low car so I don't topple over. If I drive an SUV, I'd probably topple many times over. I know most modern SUV now already pretty safe and can handle quite well with a lot less risk of toppling over like in the old days but the fact that it sits so high already makes me feel uneasy. And finally, I just don't like the look of a tall car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The thing is I don't think SUV has any real purpose for me. I don't need to go to into forests or rough terrains or thru floods, hence I don't need an SUV. If I want to go real fast, I buy a real performance car. If I want big space to carry lots of stuff/people, I just buy an MPV or at least a station wagon. If I want to have fun in the corners, I just by a low car so I don't topple over. If I drive an SUV, I'd probably topple many times over. I know most modern SUV now already pretty safe and can handle quite well with a lot less risk of toppling over like in the old days but the fact that it sits so high already makes me feel uneasy. And finally, I just don't like the look of a tall car.
That is why I say your are still not uncle enough, see later years then how.....hhahahhahhaha:biggrin:
BTW if go into forests or rough terrains or thru floods is better you get a 4x4.....:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
which suv have better driving dynamic than cx5?

its forester!

cx3 is in range of hrv, xv...

cx5 is forester, crv, xtrail range
Unker.. you think I print money meh? I would've if I could've but I can't so I won't. Not now anyway.

Yeah agree with this.
1. I've never driven either the CX-5 or Forester. I drove CR-V tho.
2. AWD does not automatically better handling dynamics over FWD. Better traction, yes.
3. I'm not a Mazda fanboy, between the Mazda CX-5 and a Forester XT, for the same amount of money, I don't need to test drive, I'll take the Forester XT.
4. I can find tests where the Mazda AWD "appears" better than the Forester (course planned by Mazda). But frankly in most real world tests we know Subaru is unbeatable for AWD traction. But in Malaysia no real need for it because it doesn't snow here. And for REAL off roading, a HILUX 4WD or Navara 4WD with the transfer case for low range gear will beat any AWD system.

On which planet Forester drives better than CX-5? On all head-to-head comparison where BOTH the cars are present (where reviewers can do a direct comparison). I was unable to find a comparison where Forester came out ahead of CX-5 for handling.

In the past, I too, would think AWD > FWD.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazda/cx-5/2016/small-crossover-comparison-big-test/
For us, the vehicle that did that best was the Mazda CX-5. Out on our road loops, the Mazda offered up engaging, sporty handling with little body roll and little in the way of harshness from poor-quality roads. “This one is the sports car of the bunch; it has the best steering by a longshot,” noted technical director Frank Markus. “Terrific body motion control, minimal roll, good brake feel—a properly sorted chassis.”
One finalist that made no pretense of sportiness was the Subaru Forester. Leaving the twisty bits to its more capable WRX-inspired XT trim allowed Subaru to tune the tall, boxy Forester to be incredibly compliant on the road. “The ride is nice,” Evans said. “Definitely among the best here.”
http://www.caradvice.com.au/375054/...r-v-toyota-rav4-medium-diesel-suv-comparison/

While the Mazda lacks the Hyundai’s more cloud-like ride, the pay-off is its famously car-like driving character of clear (though slightly heavy) steering feel and a nice, crisp edge to the chassis. It’s easily the SUV of the four assembled that connects the driver the road most confidently.
And if there’s a trade-off for its inherent multi-surface abilities, it’s that the Forester doesn’t steer as clearly nor feels as surefooted on the road as the CX-5, and it doesn’t offer the holistic comfort the Tucson does.
http://www.whatcar.com/news/honda-cr-v-vs-mazda-cx-5-vs-subaru-forester/

he CX-5 is also still the best for handling. It has substantially less body lean through corners than the other two (particularly the very sloppy CR-V) and the steering is predictable and well weighted, making it relaxing in town and satisfying on twisty roads.

Despite all three cars having four-wheel drive, the CR-V and Forester’s willingness to wash wide through fast corners makes rural roads or fast bends less enjoyable. Both are perfectly grippy and confidence-inspiring in normal pottering, but the Forester’s slow steering makes it feel more cumbersome than the CR-V, which turns in to corners keenly. It’s just a shame the Honda’s heavy steering can be hard work at low speeds.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/338013/...a-cx-5-v-subaru-forester-v-volkswagen-tiguan/

As you may expect by now, the Subaru is the brash performer.

Despite its hard ride, it rolls and pitches the most, with the most squeal-prone tyres. Yet the Forester forces you to dig in deep and commit, to use the paddleshifters and keep the engine in its boosty mid-range and deploy its force once the front end finally bites. There’s a mechanicity to the all-wheel-drive system that sees it being the only SUV here to leap from corners in slight oversteer.

It has clearly been engineered for those who love the WRX but now have a family.
As ever the CX-5 is a hot hatchback masquerading as an SUV, but it takes the extra grip of the 19s, compared with the under-tyred Maxx and Maxx Sport lesser grades on 17s, to completely exploit its talent. It feels the lightest on its feet, it changes direction with the greatest agility, and it has the best sense of front-to-rear balance.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Same amount get Forester i-P only. XT in RM200k plus range......:smokin::banghead:
Motor Image stupid.. even Mazda can enter market with reasonable pricing.. but Subaru pricing is crazy. Other countries Subaru pricing same or cheaper than Mazda. Only here its so amazing.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Motor Image stupid.. even Mazda can enter market with reasonable pricing.. but Subaru pricing is crazy. Other countries Subaru pricing same or cheaper than Mazda. Only here its so amazing.
Only lately they have reduce price because of CKD units but for i and i-P models only. XT still CBU that is why expensive, MY tax loh......:banghead:
Nowadays slightly more XV and forester on the road as they drop price further for 2016 models....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Only lately they have reduce price because of CKD units but for i and i-P models only. XT still CBU that is why expensive, MY tax loh......:banghead:
Nowadays slightly more XV and forester on the road as they drop price further for 2016 models....:driver:
I thought price was low due to 2016 stock? Don't think their pricing is competitive -at all-. Its the leftovers that nobody buy due to ridiculous pricing that's why can sell "cheap".

The Russ Swift XV, 89k for 2 y/o car (2014) sold in 2016..that's somewhat "cheap" since they give full 5 year warranty from registration.

I kinda like the XV, if only it had a turbocharged 1.6L or 2L.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is why I say your are still not uncle enough, see later years then how.....hhahahhahhaha:biggrin:
BTW if go into forests or rough terrains or thru floods is better you get a 4x4.....:rofl:
Hmm I don't think it's about the age for me, but about the purpose of the car which like I said, I see no purpose to own an SUV. There are other types of cars that can cover all my requirements other than SUV. To me 4x4 & SUV is in the same category so if you split them, then SUV is even more useless for me! Only if you often have to go thru rather rough roads or high risk of floods then go for SUV otherwise no use.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought price was low due to 2016 stock? Don't think their pricing is competitive -at all-. Its the leftovers that nobody buy due to ridiculous pricing that's why can sell "cheap".

The Russ Swift XV, 89k for 2 y/o car (2014) sold in 2016..that's somewhat "cheap" since they give full 5 year warranty from registration.

I kinda like the XV, if only it had a turbocharged 1.6L or 2L.
Nope, actual forester price for i-P model was RM169k, X-Trail and CX-5 was around RM140k in Mid 2016, then Subaru give discount RM29k to meet RM140k price.
Now 2016 model further discount to around RM130k, i model below RM120k, XV around RM109k I think

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Nope, actual forester price for i-P model was RM169k, X-Trail and CX-5 was around RM140k in Mid 2016, then Subaru give discount RM29k to meet RM140k price.
Now 2016 model further discount to around RM130k, i model below RM120k, XV around RM109k I think
I don't understand how Subaru price their products. They seem to think their products are worth a premium in this market, where Subaru actually don't have any market advantage. Symmetrical all wheel drive? Sorry doesn't snow here.

Even their "full spec" on the XV is still pathetic. Only 3 air bags?

How you feel after driving your Forester? The increase ride height & visibility nice? I can't wait for the new CX-5 come out, so I can go kay poh. But with the 2L engine, don't think I'll consider it. Even my boat is more powerful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

eg9 bodykit wanted especially seat n spoiler..contact me = 0129345136
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience