Don't Buy Nissan Sylphy

Feb 29, 2008
DON’T BUY NISSAN.

I owned a brand new Nissan Sylphy since August 2008. Until 09/04/2010, my car mileages run up to 90,000 km.(Car age: 1 year 7 month).

The quality problems I having so far as below: -
1) Dashboard has bubble spot - changed on January 2010 - problem solved – reason given was Japan and Malaysia weather difference.
2) Complaint on suspension noise - when turning and on uneven road (since 2nd service
mileage 6710 km until 89,994 km). NOW 90,000 km only solve the problem with
changing the caliper set !!!!!! All the while Nissan Malaysia only gives the solution
of "Tighten Undercarriage" for this problem.
3) Gear Oil Leaking - replace gearbox oil seal 2 time but problem still not solve. Now Nissan only agreed to replace a new gear box.
4) Air Con Gas Leaking - replace cooling coil (recently) - problem solved at this moment, later don’t know yet.
5) Everytime after service brake system, steering will have vibrate when apply brake (at
100 km/hr) - SOLUTION FROM NISSAN MALAYSIA: TO SKIM BRAKE
DISC!!!!!! until now my brake disc have been skimmed for 2 times and actually in between the period I have stop them for skimming because I worry on the brake disc thickness. Now I also stopping them since they said they want to skim for the 3rd times.

Current condition of my Car.
Since 6/4/2010 I collect my car until now,
1). 2 unit of my engine mounting broken due to dismantling of engine and have been replaced recently.
2). Knocking sound on steering when turning.
all the above problem still not solve yet and I was so worry every time when I driving the car because I don’t know what others parts will spoil and when the brake system will gone off.
Conclusion
Don’t buy Nissan vehicles, you will regret for your whole life.
Because Nissan Malaysia will not entertain your complaint, they will tell you the parts are under wear & tear category.
Even though fuel consumption is low, but maintenance is very very high.
REMIND : DON’T LET NISSAN No Skill Division (NSD) people check your car because they will twist & turn the facts.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u should have listed down all the faulty parts then go to Nissan SC to
change all the faulty parts.....they wanna pusing citer ke...u should not care, cos u are customer...customer always rite....we pay their salary ma....without our bussiness they cant survive....

Nats autoparts

Known Member
Oct 18, 2007
wah... so bad meh..
have you had any accident before? or change something that can cause some of those problem? such as changing sport rim?

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
in this fact i think not onli nissan cars, perodua SC also have same problem like this..i have had problem with my brake and they onli skimmed it for once and the problem came back so wat i did was direct complain to HQ and the next time i visited the perodua SC they treat me like king..they event told me lain kali jangan complain kepada HQ..datang kepada kami..
the problem is arise again lately event they changed the disc on march 2010..made appointment with them on the 15/4/2010..see wat they have to say..

fatality69

Jan 9, 2009
Kch/Swk
wow even nissan? omg.

My ex MyVi automatic (3 years plus) had endless problems more less like what TS is facing. I got soo fed up of it and i sold it off.

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
2). Knocking sound on steering when turning.

this 1 very famous problem...even happen on livina & latio...its the steering shaft universal joint problemo...got clearance aka freeplay....even after replace a new 1...the knocking sound will come back after 3 months or more worst after 1 day....

btw,the excuse that given by NSD was
-manufacturer defect
-the road here not smooth like japan 1(got many pot holes,uneven,bla bla bla)...
-etc....

Last edited:

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
Aiyoyo.....what car can we buy now ah.....perodua(X) proton(X) nissan(X).....ok I gonna buy toyota or stick to my honda :proud: p/s no offence to any car lovers!

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
better buy used japanese car, save up to 50% of the new price car.....u should felt like mad when buy an expensive car n encounter problem. actually u are paying for the tax, even mercs oso got faulty problems

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
all cars are mechanical item....thats why warranty given.

i believe cars got problem are common, the mentality, attitude & the ability or expertise of those SC ppl to solve it are the main problem.....we don mind got problem coz nobody manufacture cars with problems. as long as solve it and we have peace of mind driving it.

johnwanker

Feb 29, 2008
I agreed what you mention, car got problem are common but the main issue is that when problem
occur, no solution is given and all the expertise are try to twist & turn the fact instead of solving it.
I also understand that Nissan is an profit orientated corporation, but not up to level that just tell us that the parts are wear & tear.
Example 1 : brake problem occur is everytime after they services the brake, before service no problem when apply brake.
Example 2 : gear oil leaking, they have dismantle & install my engine 3 time, at the end only find out is not oil sear problem. during the process, 3 body mounting had broken due to their installation fault.
Now, my engine noise getting lounder and lounder & have knocking soung when apply brake.
Do you think I still need to have peace of mind driving it ?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
the most common solution in Malaysia for the brake vibrate when apply the brake is "to skim to disc"... wat the fcuk they thinking about...???
no matter u r proton, p2, nissan, toyota or honda, all the service center's mech/foreman r all give u the same answer... why..?? cos skim r cheaper than change it & if change to many times, will spoil their reputation... another way in their mind is, this is not my car....:stupid:

1 more thing, even u buy a set of Ap Racing 6pots calipers with disc set in 1 of the famous shop in Sunway, after the installation, the brake vibrate, they won't claim the new set of disc or get into the core of the problem... they will just skim it, 1 time, 2 times, 3 times... until the disc koyak.. then a word of "Goods sold are not exchangeable or returnable"....u kao tim sendiri la.... we not guaranty 1... hahahaha...

brake system for most of malaysian, "dun bother, dun care... if vibrate, just skim it or treat it as ABS oredy engage".....:proud:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
wah so teruk ah,hmmm... is bluebird car ??????:hmmmm::hmmmm::beer::beer::beer::hmmmm2::beerglass::beerglass:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So Motorsport Playground was at the recent Tokyo Motorshow and has provided us with a gallery of the latest concepts, Japanese cult models, some bikes and interesting wildcards. Sit back and enjoy this first post with tons of pictures.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience