Considering to buy the Audi A5. What the maintenance would be like?

farenheit

Jun 14, 2017
Ara Damansara
www.fctniaga.com
Hey there folks,

I'm an enthusiasted Audi manufacturer especially when it comes to Audi A5. I'm currently a Mercedes owner and i find it quite convenient when it comes to maintanance, it shouldn't be a major problem as if it has to compared with other continental cars. But i heard that audi has a big isssue on gearbox and it gonna cost me way too much $$$ if I have it maintained on it. Would it be relevant if I'm considering taking one? What are you suggestion? And how much do I have to spend per year priorly on maintenance etc. ?

Regards,
Naim Fauzi

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Re: Considering on buying Audi A5. What's the maintain would be?

same as merc man only thing is the part will be a bit more expensive than merc provided that you able to dig members that can help you to get cheaper parts..
me got a friend that love BMW where he always stuck his butt at those shop that sell continental car used parts..

Good Luck

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Considering on buying Audi A5. What's the maintain would be?

same as merc man only thing is the part will be a bit more expensive than merc provided that you able to dig members that can help you to get cheaper parts..
me got a friend that love BMW where he always stuck his butt at those shop that sell continental car used parts..

Good Luck
Depends on car model too. Common model more parts, rare models then much less. Same for Mercedes, my friend bought recon model, had some issues send to Mercedes SC, even they don't have the parts, need to order and even SC don't have the equipment so they import from SG SC...:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some Audi engines eats engine oil like drinking fuel too. So need to carefully pick the which engine type and years that have lesser issues like that.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some Audi engines eats engine oil like drinking fuel too. So need to carefully pick the which engine type and years that have lesser issues like that.
Yah! heard of this before, but wonder why since engine is new?:hmmmm:

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro ,
1) try to buy from direct owner , got some minor problem they might tell
2) the most important thing bring your foreman along with you, this might save you $$$$

Car condition All depends on the previous owner bro

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Hey there folks,

I'm an enthusiasted Audi manufacturer especially when it comes to Audi A5. I'm currently a Mercedes owner and i find it quite convenient when it comes to maintanance, it shouldn't be a major problem as if it has to compared with other continental cars. But i heard that audi has a big isssue on gearbox and it gonna cost me way too much $$$ if I have it maintained on it. Would it be relevant if I'm considering taking one? What are you suggestion? And how much do I have to spend per year priorly on maintenance etc. ?

Regards,
Naim Fauzi
Harder to find spare parts on Audi compared to Mercedes. Know quite a few Mercedes owners whom switched back to Mercedes after owning an Audi. Most of the ex Audi owners were shocked to see the depreciation value of the Audi.

Heard from a Audi TT owner that he once had to pay RM20K+ to repair his gearbox and it was before the time of GST.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

door to door service.. stubborn windscreen watermarks remover.

only need 15 minutes of your time

Satisfaction Guaranteed

RM40 per car / MPV RM60

Klang Valley Area

CALL 019-3636 883 Steven

Call for enquiries. Plz do not SMS . Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience