Perdana V6 Gearbox Problem

aprixin

Known Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hello ZTH forumers,

I own Perdana V6 2001 that is 2nd hand car,just bought it 3 months ago.Now the gear box got some problem, sometimes when I maintain the speed at 80-90 km/h suddenly the gear will drop to 3rd gear with some 'jerking' and then will go to 4th gear again.And lately the problem come seriuosly when it will not go to 4th gear as it will maintain at 3rd gear.I need to stop and off the engine and then start it again.This happened when I drive more than 10km (if from home to office not happend bcoz just 5km).

I went to see my pomen already and he said that maybe got problem with auto gear clutch (if I'm not mistaken) and now he's trying to get spare part from his friend's old gearbox (because already change to MT).

My question is :

1) What is the best solution? Repair or change the gearbox to new one? If get repair, can it will be ok 100%?

2)Is it worthy change AT to MT? How perfect the conversion?What is the cost?How save the fuel if compare auto to manual? I will consider to convert to MT if my gearbox need to change to the new one.

3)I just changed the sport rim and now the gap for rear wheel look not so nice if not get lowered my car.Is it just enough change the spring or get an adjustable one?Now I feel very comfortable with the standard one and I'm afraid if I change the spring, the feeling is gone.Can all V6 users that lowered already your car tell which one you choose for your car..change spring or change to adjustable?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

paulkongck

Feb 28, 2005
aprixin said:
bump bump...anyone?
i try sum 1 perdana,, very comfort with the susupension,, using kayaba absorber,, but dun know wat brand of spring,, but i can tell u that the spring rate and damper rate are match perfect,, good balance between handling and comfort,, try to ask a reputable foreman~

MrBat

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
aprixin said:
bump bump...anyone?
Bro, Nice Rims. I’m driving a V6, 2002 model as well. Bought the car 2nd hand 2 years ago. When I bought the car I had an option to buy UniAsia insurance worth RM2,500. This package is to cover all known V6 problem’s from gear box to ECU till the power windows and aircond compressor. The package is valid for 3 years. Practically when your car has a problem you can drive in to the Proton center in Kepong and get your car fixed.

Well then you can always say I can get the gearbox fix for below 2,500 so why bother buying this uniasia package, simple questions will be … does your workshop gives you any warranty? Now gearbox, what next? Since yours is a 5 year old car its time to change lots of part. If you are interested I can send you an acrobat file which I got it from the web, things need to be replaced in 100K km, 150K km and 200K km .. damm scare man.

Anyway V6 is a nice car to drive, you will never regret buying it. Think abt it. It’s a one time investment and your ROI will be good. I think I gain the max, I have milked the service center for more then 10K in parts and workmen ship.

blackcruzer

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Kepong KL
Aprixin,

change the gearbox will cost you $$$. I had this problem before 2 times changing the gearbox. I got so frustrated then converted the engine with manual transmission. now no more headache bout the gearbox. the fuel more save then my previous SEI AT even its a TT engine...but with normal drive lah. Its depends on you now. If you want the performance n fuel saving, then go to MT..if not just stick to AT but try to install the ATF cooler, good maitainance & driving style also will affect the AT gearbox.

change the spring will make ur car look sporty & better handling. but changing the spring will oso makes u a bit uncomfortable or bumpy (depends how hard your suspension) and oso the parts will affected is your driveshaft & lower arm. If you want to look nice & not so bumpy, get the adjustable suspension but use a progressive spring...eg eibach pro kit spring. If u just change the sports spring, u cant get the nice gap between your tyre n the fender that u want.

just my 2 cents...

aprixin

Known Member
Nov 10, 2006
oho..thanks2.now planning to change to TT engine..perhapsss...cheersss..!!

blackcruzer : ur moderator for v-sixers rite? can u help me for the registration? done already for the online but still cannot log in..why aaA?

blackcruzer

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Kepong KL
aprixin,

yes im the webmaster for the v-sixers perdana club, after submit the online application, u need to submit copy of car registration card OR insurance cover note, copy of IC & license and RM 20 for annual & membership fee. u can submit to me.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If stuck on 3rd gear from start to end, it could be that the TCU has fried. Because of this, gearbox will run in limb mode which is 3rd gear.

BTW, all Mitsubishi auto gearboxes are weak and won't withstand anything more than 200hp.

Best chance if u plan to keep the car for a long time is to rebuild it. A typical rebuild costs RM 5k to 10k but can withstand more than 500hp.

aprixin

Known Member
Nov 10, 2006
blackcruzer : hmm...still got a few things b4 can login aaa...

acbc : wahh..so expensive? hehehe..better change to TT la if like dat...

blackcruzer

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Kepong KL
aprixin, u can scan & email to me the documents but need to fill up 1st online membership application

blackcruzer

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Kepong KL
aprixin said:
blackcruzer : how about rm20?
hi aprixin, the fees u can bank transfer to maybank acc.

aprixin

Known Member
Nov 10, 2006
lan_eterna : hehehe, in consideration..depends on ongkosnyaa..

blackcruzer : ohoo...oke2.later i'll ask ur help

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nano Glass Coating make sure that the windscreen is water and dirt repellent which can
improve driving safety in rain and also provide better night vision.

A little bit about the company...
Jc International
Founded in Malaysia in 1998, JC International has since grown tremendously both in scale and scope.
From Machinery and spare part trading, we have expanded into trading in speciality chemicals and consumer products; into the mixing industrial...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience