MyVi rim to Kelisa

tony_yeoh

Jul 11, 2006
Hi everybody,
Currently I was using de Kelisa rim wif 13" but I was planning to change MyVi rim.. by the way I wanna know, if I change de rim to 14" and use 175/65/14 tyre to my Kelisa and I've saw it was fit but is it really fit for it? or need to modified de mudguard juz can fit it? Please everybody who change it, give me some opinion... thnk you :confused::confused::confused::confused:

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
nope...of course u can use the rim very well..no matter whether its the 1st batch myvi or the S.E version..

the offset is kinda fitting with the car..but the problem is..the tire size of 175/65/14 is like quite thick and will enhance ur car's "RALLY" look..keke..better not la bro..after u chuck it in, u'll have to consider ur suspension le..u will be sick when u hear the tire grinding pass ur fender/banana leaf (for front)..

for normal driving of course its fine...but once u meet up roads with ups and downs...then u will know how it feels..

but frankly speaking...with that 175/65/14 tires, it'll be very comfortable >.<

quiksilverman_76

Aug 1, 2005
kl
myvi rims are not recommended as it's quite heavy for a kelisa. your wheel bearings might suffer. try myvi SE rims instead. it's lighter

p/s
i've used myvi rims before on my kelisa
checkout choices of rims for kelisa in www.kelisaclub.com's selling section

xiaomao

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
recomment u use myvi SE rim more better...tyre can use back kelisa 1...

doppelganger

Known Member
May 5, 2006
recomment u use myvi SE rim more better...tyre can use back kelisa 1...
u sure or not...cos kelisa tyre 165.55.R14... i tot myvi tyres were bigger size than this..
correct me if im wrong...but i tot 13" tyres was the spare tyre size...

erickee87

Jan 23, 2007
myvi rims just 5jj width only, 165 trye can fit in with no problem. even potenza 165 trye can fit to 6jj width rims. But the thread poster's kelisa is 13 inch trye, myvi is 14 inch!

Oct 29, 2008
hi guys,

just share my experience of using myvi SE rims on kelisa.

i fitted my kelisa MT wit myvi SE rims but stil using the stock 165/55R14 tires because i dont want to wonder to far from the 3% rules, i personally would not reccomend it because those rims r heavier than our standard rims n u wil definitely lose power on uphills or even straight, i have tried n its confirmed!!! top speed suffers, same goes to acceleration...FC suffer around 10%. it would be worst if u r driving an auto.

the only positive thing about it is that it looks really good on a kelisa n its slightly more stable on straight road (extremely marginal). the back tire rubs against my car fender, dunno if any1 experince this b4. therefore, i suggest u go for other lighter rims. before i changed to myvi SE rims, i was told that my performance is going to suffer but i didnt bother, now kind of regret but its too late....if u happen to meet a mr nice guy, u might be able to get the rims at RM350. normal price is probably around RM450-550. some even quote me RM600 haha.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Bro,

I want to ask if i would to change my standard rims to enkei rpf1 14inches would it be ok?

I want a slightly wider rim compared to the standard rims which is 4.5jj.

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
hope its not too late to reply this forum as the 1st post was made on sept 2008.

You can actually use Myvi rim and it fix perfectly. Let have a look kelisa original rim vs myvi rim.
1st gen kelisa = 13" 4.5" width
2nd gen kelisa = 14" 4.5" width

Myvi = 14" 5" width.

Actually 2nd gen kelisa using 165/55R14 fit perfectly to myvi rim as 165mm = 5".

As for the weight, clearly its heavier than the original sport rim or steel rim but it looks better.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I was thinking to change Kelisa rims to Myvi Standard rims too but since u guys said will affect performance, and it means to say FC as
well, then I might as well just stick to the same rims...though my stock rims doesn't look too good anymore since I bought the car
2nd hand...body all really good though....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if u are currently using 14" wheels, change to taiwan 14" oso ok... lighter and stronger.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as per advertised in Traffic Magazine, the Japan GT issue (red)

damn nice (IMO) artwork...
any comments to improve?

and the Traffic Magazine topic..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience