Paramagnetic Paint by Nissan - a Hoax?

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005

The "colour changing paint" by Nissan has taken auto blogs by storm last week. As everybody was raving on and on about how this development could change the world, only one site decided to double check with Nissan to confirm the story.

Turns out, you've all been taken for a ride!

The True Story

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
hmm.... it sounded too briliant to be true...but imagine if it is...i would be stunned and will turn my car paint into one .. dont care the cost...hmmmmm

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i watched Futurecar in Ch.551 yesterday. This is possible to make as they said all colors are made by polymer then we can change color using programmed chemical reaction bla bla bla..but the title itself is "Futurecar" not "Presentcar".
I think, it would be in d market -in d future-, but if it is already available now, it would be very expensive, rare and prototype-level.

vinci68

Jun 22, 2007
Cost A$7000 here to get a car painted in three tone of colour.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
So, does this mean that paramagnetic paint does exist and the only misinformation is its not developed by nissan?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I've heard several stories of shops charging customers for doing balancing off wheel and then charging them again for doing off wheel balancing. Please be careful and take note:

For example: If a shop takes your tyre out and balances it, charges RM5 and then put it back on your car.... drives your car and then finds it's still out of balance and then he chooses to do an 'on wheel' balancing and charges you RM30 he SHOULD NOT charge you the other RM5 earlier simply because he was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience