Hissing Sound

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
mine... its like this, installed the ac last year, all fine, then used it for maybe 1 month? then never used it again till earlier this month when i found it blew very little cool air (basically air is only 'slightly' cool). One thing i did notice was it did hiss every once in a while, and hissed more loudly when i reved the car up..... didnt realise that wasnt normal (my old lmst also hissed alot, but that was fine)
How can you endure the hot weather without using air cond for so long? :biggrin:

Last time my car also got problem with air not cold. Then found out one of those air cond hose is leaking, so replaced it and everything is fine.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
mine... its like this, installed the ac last year, all fine, then used it for maybe 1 month? then never used it again till earlier this month when i found it blew very little cool air (basically air is only 'slightly' cool). One thing i did notice was it did hiss every once in a while, and hissed more loudly when i reved the car up..... didnt realise that wasnt normal (my old lmst also hissed alot, but that was fine)
Send for check, maybe gas leaked.....:smokin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
How can you endure the hot weather without using air cond for so long? :biggrin:

Last time my car also got problem with air not cold. Then found out one of those air cond hose is leaking, so replaced it and everything is fine.
haha i have been driving all this while without ac.... office quite close by, and only drive in the mornings and evenings when it isn't terribly hot. Its only when it rains it becomes an issue, cannot bukak window, and if i seal everything up, vapour everywhere!!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
haha i have been driving all this while without ac.... office quite close by, and only drive in the mornings and evenings when it isn't terribly hot. Its only when it rains it becomes an issue, cannot bukak window, and if i seal everything up, vapour everywhere!!
You don't drive your car out for other occasions other than working?

When rain just turn on air cond. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
You don't drive your car out for other occasions other than working?

When rain just turn on air cond. :biggrin:
generally, nope... not the most practical car around... and apparently none other than me likes driving around in a car without the ac, very strange :hmmmm:

no ac, rain datang.... have to drive faster.... if caught out, habis, stuck parking somewhere no diferent from a bike, cukur i atleast have a roof!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
generally, nope... not the most practical car around... and apparently none other than me likes driving around in a car without the ac, very strange :hmmmm:

no ac, rain datang.... have to drive faster.... if caught out, habis, stuck parking somewhere no diferent from a bike, cukur i atleast have a roof!
Just now I tried driving without AC after work around 6pm. Feels so suffocating inside my car after like almost 10 minutes. Morning is okay, can drive all the way to work without AC. 35-40 minutes drive.

If rain, you can try driving a while and later wipe the vapour from your windshield. :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I only drive without air con when I need to rev pass 5k RPM......lol
Is it bad for the air cond if you leave it on at high RPM? I only heard before about 4G92 MIVEC air cond belt might not stand it when revving it to 8k RPM.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is it bad for the air cond if you leave it on at high RPM? I only heard before about 4G92 MIVEC air cond belt might not stand it when revving it to 8k RPM.
Yup, might damaged the compressor faster and with the compressor off, better power also,,,,,,lol:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
oops havent sent it in, atm primary target is to get all the bodywork done.... can finally get the car painted in 2-3 weeks time, only have a 2-3 month time frame to get it done... hmm probably should let give fazidk a pm soon

ehh.... i thought the ac will cut off above a certain rpm... otherwise kantoilah...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
oops havent sent it in, atm primary target is to get all the bodywork done.... can finally get the car painted in 2-3 weeks time, only have a 2-3 month time frame to get it done... hmm probably should let give fazidk a pm soon

ehh.... i thought the ac will cut off above a certain rpm... otherwise kantoilah...
Newer cars got rev cut, but have not heard of compressor high rpm cut....:hmmmm:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Newer cars got rev cut, but have not heard of compressor high rpm cut....:hmmmm:
oops... maybe it was a pressure cutoff... alamak means the compressor would be spinning at those silly speeds

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
oops... maybe it was a pressure cutoff... alamak means the compressor would be spinning at those silly speeds
And I rev to 6k RPM before with air cond on ever since I changed my extractor. Last time before that, I tend to switch it off because I need more power. Now with more power gained from the extractor, I din't bother to switch off the air cond anymore. This is bad. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guy's,
Would like to find out roughly what is the estimation cost to built 2.2l 4g63 Evo3 engine? Given i already had the engine kosong on standby
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience