Hin Leong (Kedai Papan) or Jooi Seng?

waisign

Known Member
Aug 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Rims/Tyres Shop Hin Leong (Kedai Papan) or Jooi Seng? Who's better?

Hi all.. i have been digging previous threads on the forum as well as asking around fellow members here. I've reached to the point of talking to myself randomly and its driving me nuts :stupid:

So its Hin Leong (Kedai Papan at Jln Kapar) VS Jooi Seng (Jln Batu Belah)

1) Who provides a better trade-in value? wanting to trade in both rims and tyres.
2) Who provides better worksmanship? no alignment issues etc
3) Which one more honest in terms of service? i.e. not conning u to get "special screws/nuts" or making sure u are paying more for ur tyres or unnecessary service?
4) Who provides cheaper tyres?
5) Who provides cheaper rims?
6) Good customer service
7) Who provides balance among all of the above?

Please share.. thanks

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro dont mind can provide landmarks for this shops ah? i heard alot about it but duno the location...i might need to come down to kland also to buy my tires...can give me landmarks or location?

waisign

Known Member
Aug 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wanna go together? maybe we can strike an even sweeter deal :)

now where the heck did i put the map? ** digging my machine ** will update the post with map later.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
wah... no business my thread
no business maybe yr title for the thread is like u looking for sawmill aka kilang papan, try change yr thread title.....sure got response.....

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
each shop have different prices on different items......i mostly go to heng loong because more choices......not sure about trade in......what sizes u looking for

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
Hin Loong provide more choices and in terms of price, i will opt to hin loong.
in fact, all my frens and colleagues go to Hin loong whenever they change tyre or rims.

in terms of trade-in value...I've traded in my previous rim for RM900 and other shops quoted me RM750.

waisign

Known Member
Aug 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys. Finally some good replies! I couldnt thank you guys more on this!

Well.. u see.. im baffled myself :confused: From what i found out from the forum threads...

Hin Leong - cheaper/est tyres. More choices of rims. BUT, giving/forcing u having weird unncessary services and charging u for it. Also have tendency of making u install some screws/nuts which are way too high/unnecessary. Some feedbacks even covers not layan u depending on what rims u buy. "If u dun buy, many other people will buy" attitude.

Jooi Seng - More customer oriented and friendlier. Gives Good trade-ins value and cheaper rims BUT, charging way higher (50-70 bucks higher on each) on tyres. less choices of rims obviously.

The above are just my study/findings from customer feedbacks throughout the forum and not exactly 100% right. Hopefully u guys can fill me in more.

to Spuzzle: I'm trying to trade in my stock 15"City Rims+Tyres. Get 16" Taiwan CE28N or Mugen GP + Tyres
to JacEK: wow! thats a very good price for your trade-ins. So far I only get ranging 500-600 bucks only.

But thanks for the heads-up guys... :adore:

Any others with experience on either of these 2 guys?

Some even have good experience with H20. The shop next to Hin Leong.

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
bought goodyear ef1 "made in germany" 225/45/17 fr ban hooi, kapar.....rm510/pc....bought 4 for 2k
very grippy tyre in dry, not yet try on wet

waisign

Known Member
Aug 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Just an update. I went with a friend today to BOTH Jooi Seng and Hin Leong.

I did mine in Hin Leong and guess what? THEY BROKE MY SIDE SKIRT!!! WTF!
I'm not sure whether its when the car was lifted (to install rims) where the piece of wood slotted under the car was not placed well. OR, they basically went through some high bumps during test drive (after installation).

There is a HUGE crack on my fibre side skirt and now needs to go back to the shop for repairs just 2 hours off from the workshop! wtf man.. really...

I was pissed off with Jooi Seng's attitude during a price survey visit last week and interestingly, my fren who did his at Jooi Seng got pretty good service and price as well. However, the trade in value might be slightly lower than Hin Leong.

But still!! that doesnt give them the reason to bloody ruin my side skirt!! :banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad:

waisign

Known Member
Aug 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I Would advise u to go for the 2 shops and get a quote.

make sure u bring ur car along so that they can look at ur existing tyres/rims (if u intend to trade in).

Sometimes shops give a give & take calculation on their pricing. Meaning, they give u a low low price for tyres but give u a not so good trade in just to cover back (u get wat i mean?)

At that day, i would say that i got a nice deal (IF they didnt break my side skirt).
My friend also got a very good deal although the trade in value is just a couple of bucks lower than me but he got better price for the rims.

Jooi Seng tyres should be just slightly more pricey but depends on what tyres u take. So again, compare before u decide. its so near each other anyway so no harm going to these 2 before u go for the cheapest one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Best Car magazine in Japan is showing off a couple of pictures of the upcoming GT-R and reporting some interesting stuff. They claim:

"The standard GTR is expected to start at $57K while the V Spec and EVO Spec will start at $67K and $94K respectivly. Both a 6 speed and an advanced paddle shifting automatic are to be available. The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience