Campro head skimming

jackisblack

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
kuala lumpur
adf.ly
campro engine head cannot be skimmed...the idle will 'lari'...if u already done it,u MUST use good quality metal gasket that thicker than the original gasket..cannot use carbon gasket again..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
campro engine head cannot be skimmed...the idle will 'lari'...if u already done it,u MUST use good quality metal gasket that thicker than the original gasket..cannot use carbon gasket again..
Agreed... that the advice the Proton SC gave to my sis when her persona engine overheat.. they quote rm3k for the whole head assembly + rm260 labor charge

Last edited:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
how to know the correct thickness of gasket after we skim it...
Let say i gonna diy top overhaul, in market only two type which is carbon(ori) and metal gasket rite..
The thickness of the gasket got many measurement sold?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
The idling probably has to be readjusted with Proton's factory diagnostic. Its available at Proton Service centres.

misai

Mar 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed... that the advice the Proton SC gave to my sis when her persona engine overheat.. they quote rm3k for the whole head assembly + rm260 labor charge
3K...whoaaa....3k = dismantling plus change new head?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

is there any effect by doing this?
let say head and block already skim...
how about engine temp?
should i remove the sensor?

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
3K...whoaaa....3k = dismantling plus change new head?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

is there any effect by doing this?
let say head and block already skim...
how about engine temp?
should i remove the sensor?
should be no problem la bro,
as they mention using thicker good quality metal gasket after skim...

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
The cylinder head can be skimmed. Just to flatten the surface.
remember only to use genuine cylinder head gasket.
no such thing as "quality" metal cylinder head gasket..OEM ones are already metal lol
thickness of the cylinder head gasket ( when seen closely are made up of two layers of super thin metal ) is about 1.00mm ( if im not mistaken ).

then, properly torque the cylinder head during assembly..most kebabom / "head jahanam" are caused by wrong torque value, wrong torque sequence..then comes wrong torque value of camshaft caps.

**Genuine campro head gaskets are made in Germany :)

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
The cylinder head can be skimmed. Just to flatten the surface.
remember only to use genuine cylinder head gasket.
no such thing as "quality" metal cylinder head gasket..OEM ones are already metal lol
thickness of the cylinder head gasket ( when seen closely are made up of two layers of super thin metal ) is about 1.00mm ( if im not mistaken ).

then, properly torque the cylinder head during assembly..most kebabom / "head jahanam" are caused by wrong torque value, wrong torque sequence..then comes wrong torque value of camshaft caps.

**Genuine campro head gaskets are made in Germany :)
U mean after skim just buy a new set of original top set??
If we already skim to the limit maximum, we just use back ori set gasket ??
The piston won't hit the valve??
Just asking only, thinking to diy long time ago but nobody can get me the answer..

sorry ya misai,,kacau ur thread..

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
if you skimmed 1.5mm, add 0.5mm ( assuming OEM head gasket is 1.0mm ) thickness of cylinder head gasket to maintain correct compression & also to prevent unwanted valve langgar cases.

misai

Mar 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
U mean after skim just buy a new set of original top set??
If we already skim to the limit maximum, we just use back ori set gasket ??
The piston won't hit the valve??
Just asking only, thinking to diy long time ago but nobody can get me the answer..

sorry ya misai,,kacau ur thread..
no problem la punk....we here to share....

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

if you skimmed 1.5mm, add 0.5mm ( assuming OEM head gasket is 1.0mm ) thickness of cylinder head gasket to maintain correct compression & also to prevent unwanted valve langgar cases.
there some1 tell me not to use metal gasket after skim...he prefer use 2 layer carbon gasket to get correct thickness...any comment?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there,,pls help me on dis 2 things,,,
which one is better???wuts the pro n contra between them(emanage/afc)
fyi,i run 4g93p(gti)
n can i know the requirements to install dis piggyback??
tenks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience