4G92 MIVEC questions, anyone running one

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
so thought I would update the thread, got the car back!

driven about 200 KM so far both on the open road and in traffic and overall I am pretty happy with it.

On a smooth flat and empty motorway last night I got up to 175 Kph then part of the rubber around the windscreen got loose so slowed down. Definitely more to go.

It does not feel torquey like a turbo car but very free revving and faster and way more responsive than before.

Also fine in traffic, clutch is not heavy and no overheating.

Thanks for all the help and advise from the BM's here

I have a UK trip next month, when I am back as expenses allow I will be doing more mods, next I would like some semi-bucket seats, a brake upgrade (maybe using Skyline R32 4pot calipers), a short shift kit, maybe an EVO steering rack.

cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Have had a few busy months but the last few weeks had a little more time so have done some more mods to my Lancer:

Got the oil pressure and temp gauges working and a bit of fake carbon fibre on the dashboard (still got a couple of air bubbles to worry about but looks ok for a first attempt:

Got some new seats, budget didn't allow Genuine Recaro's or Brides. Did look at some copies that looked nice but I was concerned about the safety and longer term durability of copy/fake seats so in the end found a shop who sold me and fitted a nice set of used Mazda RX8 seats:

The shop's FB page is:
https://www.facebook.com/Bypassseat/
if anyone is intrested

Got some new tyres, again was on a budget but read some good reviews on Maxxis i-Pro's so went for these in 205/45R16

hated the old school key and alarm fob, so got a new folding key reprogrammed to match the existing alarm/remote central locking:

old...

new...

next step will be to sort out the rebound on the rear coilovers as the back of the car is a little bouncy on some rough Thai roads, then after that I am looking at doing a brake upgrade.

cheers

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice seats, better then fakes at least.....lol
Maxxis i-pro are quite okay, same category as the older Z1 but much quieter.....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Nice seats, better then fakes at least.....lol
Maxxis i-pro are quite okay, same category as the older Z1 but much quieter.....
yup, stick to ori seat or get used/ori aftermarket seat. Ahhh... my butt is another obstruction. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus i need some opinion,

whenever im driving through a corner(not those tight corner, maybe like 120 degree bengkok abit d road) at 100kmh, my front wheels will straighten back on its own whist im trying to steer left, meaning my wheels will straighten whilst steering is senget to d left.

im kinda concerned coz its so darn dangerous especially driving on highway when normal speed is 100kmh+ and d road is not 180 degree straight...

**FYI, i just had my power steering rack...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience