Satria Neo CPS problem

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
All bros,

I’ve just finish service my Neo Cps today and test drive few round to activate the CPS. what i can say is quite powerful mechanism…thumbs up for proton!

On the other hand, i don’t know any future owner will experience the problem that i having now in my neo cps. I’ve complain to Proton during service today but yet they still can’t fix the bloody problem!! What the heck….

The problems are :
1. Weird sound coming out from meter if ur the driver when start the engine.
(Proton said engine mounting need to b replace, what the heck, this is new car and so fast mati??)
2. Some knocking sound came out from passenger side dashboard when accelarating. (Proton said air-con hose knocking on car body and they said fix it already but yet still got sound when i took my car, WTF)
3. Left hand side speaker pecah but they claim is door trim making sound, sigh….
4. Engage 3rd gear full throtle, engine jerk for 3 times!!! from 2k rpm to 3k rpm. (Proton said done by doing basic tuning, and yes its done but now change to 2nd gear jerking now!!!)

I don’t know what else to said but to accept the fact this is Malaysian Car manufacture sure problem will exist even it’s new car. Overall if my problem could be fix, this will be a nice car & powerful car to drive.

Quite dissapointed with them on the service…..said this fix that fix already, but end up them same problem still exist…HAIH!!

Any bros here can tell me why my car engine jerking? Tuning problem?
And yday i tested my car for long shot and it manage to clock ONLY 140km/h all the way, tht's the fastest and it wont go any further....sigh :(

Attachments

Wira_lover

Known Member
Jun 6, 2007
Very sorry to hear bro.

Proton cars,early batches always fXXXed up.

Use customer as guinea pigs then after many customers complaint they will fix the problem in the next batch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Oh man, sad to hear that...

There are so many problems with Protons, i once experienced jerks and check engine light on with complete power lost because i changed to new Yokohama battery...

Many troubleshooting sessions done and few hundreds $$$ gone, they can't solve the problem...

At last change back to the original battery brand which comes by default and problem solved...:banghead:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
2. Some knocking sound came out from passenger side dashboard when accelarating. (Proton said air-con hose knocking on car body and they said fix it already but yet still got sound when i took my car, WTF)
better get 2nd opinion from another proton SC.. not all SC are the same... my sis having air con problem in her new SAGA... not so cold... every time when to SC, have to refill... now have to pay... already book appointment at USJ SC (Beside KESAS hiway)

4. Engage 3rd gear full throtle, engine jerk for 3 times!!! from 2k rpm to 3k rpm. (Proton said done by doing basic tuning, and yes its done but now change to 2nd gear jerking now!!!)
typical answer from an SC Service Reps.... for IAFM campro, the said problem is from the IAFM module + the electronic throttle...... send at SC USJ, ok oredy..

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
look like they using their customer as a QC tester..n save their production cost...:thefinger:

Bump: look like they using their customer as a QC tester..n save their production cost...:thefinger:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Its really the culture at Proton...they have magic wands...they touch it they said its done!

My Neo not the CPS was ok...thankfully, I guess the last batches tend to have allthe glitches fixed.

I am curious why it only manages 140km/h...i wonder if they put in a rev and speed limiter...that would be a bummer.

Bump: Its really the culture at Proton...they have magic wands...they touch it they said its done!

My Neo not the CPS was ok...thankfully, I guess the last batches tend to have allthe glitches fixed.

I am curious why it only manages 140km/h...i wonder if they put in a rev and speed limiter...that would be a bummer.

Voxism

Dec 13, 2008
All bros,

I’ve just finish service my Neo Cps today and test drive few round to activate the CPS. what i can say is quite powerful mechanism…thumbs up for proton!

On the other hand, i don’t know any future owner will experience the problem that i having now in my neo cps. I’ve complain to Proton during service today but yet they still can’t fix the bloody problem!! What the heck….

The problems are :
(Proton said engine mounting need to b replace, what the heck, this is new car and so fast mati??)
3. Left hand side speaker pecah but they claim is door trim making sound, sigh….

I don’t know what else to said but to accept the fact this is Malaysian Car manufacture sure problem will exist even it’s new car. Overall if my problem could be fix, this will be a nice car & powerful car to drive.

Quite dissapointed with them on the service…..said this fix that fix already, but end up them same problem still exist…HAIH!!

And yday i tested my car for long shot and it manage to clock ONLY 140km/h all the way, tht's the fastest and it wont go any further....sigh :(

most of ur problems also happening to most of our neo frens.

those witout CPS also facing this problem la bro.. cant explain much here... kindly visit www.satrianeoclub.com to solve most of ur problem...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
All bros,

The problems are :

cpslover,

great car u have there, bout the few problems you are facing, its kinda surprise that they deliver to you the car in such condition coz if they did their PDI (pre delivery inspection) and all problem should be troubleshoot b4 handing it over to u. may i know which outlet u bought it from and which svc ctr that gave u problem....

i recommend you to mutiara damansara svc ctr or sect 13 pj near dutch lady....both are reliable and am sure they will solve all yr problem at one go.

max speed anytime above 190kmh for manual, cant be 140kmh, must be something not right there. and the car is a great car....juz get the right person to mann it.....warranty is 5years.....so don worry bro.....do pm me if u need any assitance at proton...cheerz

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
better get 2nd opinion from another proton SC.. not all SC are the same... my sis having air con problem in her new SAGA... not so cold... every time when to SC, have to refill... now have to pay... already book appointment at USJ SC (Beside KESAS hiway)

typical answer from an SC Service Reps.... for IAFM campro, the said problem is from the IAFM module + the electronic throttle...... send at SC USJ, ok oredy..
I've went to USJ SC for once, quite professional and friendly compare to Glenmarie SC but yet problem solve and need to go for 2nd appointment coming this thurs

Bump:
look like they using their customer as a QC tester..n save their production cost...:thefinger:

Bump: look like they using their customer as a QC tester..n save their production cost...:thefinger:
Bro, you noe wat my fren said about proton QC when he eventually ask one of the mechanics or sales person..."No need QC la, customer very good at QC one they will do for us"

Bump:
cpslover,

great car u have there, bout the few problems you are facing, its kinda surprise that they deliver to you the car in such condition coz if they did their PDI (pre delivery inspection) and all problem should be troubleshoot b4 handing it over to u. may i know which outlet u bought it from and which svc ctr that gave u problem....

i recommend you to mutiara damansara svc ctr or sect 13 pj near dutch lady....both are reliable and am sure they will solve all yr problem at one go.

max speed anytime above 190kmh for manual, cant be 140kmh, must be something not right there. and the car is a great car....juz get the right person to mann it.....warranty is 5years.....so don worry bro.....do pm me if u need any assitance at proton...cheerz
Bro, problems come after 2-3 days i took my car...sigh

Was thinking to go mutiara damansara SC after some good comment from a forum but Proton I-Care ask me to go their HQ USJ SC so go there try 1st.

They manage to fix the top speed for me but the others problem still the same....so had made my second appointment again for them to find out what is the causes.

By the way, you working for proton?

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
140 only??? i drove a neo (with an exhaust la)..can reach 220 ma....:confused:

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
Now can go more than tht after 2nd tuning, but those stupid dattling sound still there..haih
Exactly how much more than that??
150 is also more than 140 wor~

Bump:
Now can go more than tht after 2nd tuning, but those stupid dattling sound still there..haih
Exactly how much more than that??
150 is also more than 140 wor~

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
Can reach 160km/h, can go further but block by some cars during testing with the mechanic

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last year I had the opportunity to detail this church van, as prepared her to transport VIPs, but a year later.... but the interior need to be detail….. exterior still looks great ..thanks to the Transportation team

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/08/polishing-van.html

Reason being heavily used for transportation & so huge to look after....

Reason being fequently used & so large to care for...i have fequents...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience