auto transmission / gear box care

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
hi Sifu's,

A friend mentioned to me that when i drive my automatic naturally aspirated 1.5 vios,
the way i press the gas peddle may cause the gear box to fail earlier.

I like to find out more about this aspect. Hope to know more about it.

I mean normally, what wrong ways of pressing the pedals can cause the auto gear box to fail, eg the electronics?

Hope to get some clues.

best regards
Richard:wavey:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Yes, if frequent pressing n lifting the gas pedal will not only harm your transmission but your engine and most important the ECU(electronic control unit) as well. It is advise to remain a constant pedal pressing as this will greatly reduce the stress on the mentioned parts. More details won't be discuss here as u will get confuse with it !

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
just want to share :

i notice 1 thing after i put this cooler, b4 i put the gb will be screaming at 140kmh above but today i try at d long highway from sepang to subang when at 160kmh, the car keeps on moving without hesitation...that time my pedal tekan half only, i press more it reaches 180++

more smoother power delivery when overtaking cars at highway, no more weakspot when gear is disengage to lower gears.

and saves you costly gb repairs.

overall this cooler very good for long hauls.

wonderkid

500 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
Labuan & Sabah
agree with bro fstrader. Install a ATF coller can protect ur gb. I'm also using it on my lancer, u can get it from any half-cut shop for a reasonable price

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
around how much if get gb cooler from half cut shop? thanks
price range 80 to 150, see condition and size of it.

usually pajero one's will be cheaper.

actually i wan to change to smaller one, cos this one is too big :rofl:

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
My car's auto gbox was damaged and went through rebuilt.

Currently using external/extra ATF cooler.

On hot day or long distance drive, i can feel the engine and gearbox are working in harmony. Noticable positive difference compare to old day without extra ATF cooler. Bought RM120 from chop shop. Made by Denso

Heat is always an enemy, so having the ATF cooler is real bonus.

Janson911

Known Member
Feb 1, 2008
where the shop to sell and install this atf cooler in kl area??wan to try it..thank
Maybe U can to search 1 seller in the marketplace section,the seller called Andysky5(REV Performance).He got sell this kind of stuff n he is reliable seller also....Cheers!:driver::driver:

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
yep.. ATF cooler will help 'protect' ur gb...

also, using a good quality ATF oil also helps too...

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

yep.. ATF cooler will help 'protect' ur gb...

also, using a good quality ATF oil also helps too...

unionjack_82

Known Member
Sep 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i install already atf cooler, buying from some forumer, but about 6-7 month later, the pipe "bocor" already...where to buy good atf pipe??how much??

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
buy hayden .....
the best atf cooler :)
agreed...installed two hayden cooler in my ride...way much smoother when going long distance traveling during hot sunny day...traffic jam also not a problem...since the hayden DWAG got electrical fan to cool the fluid...really good investment and can prolong your transmission life too...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i install already atf cooler, buying from some forumer, but about 6-7 month later, the pipe "bocor" already...where to buy good atf pipe??how much??
You can get those high pressure automotive hoses from spare parts shops. Roughly RM8 per meter.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience