How's your SR20DET's fuel consumption?

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Just wondering, how is your SR20DET's fuel consumption like?
Mind sharing how many litres does your tank hold (60 litres) normally, which is about 100+ bucks.

How far can you go for that amount with:

- town driving?
- smooth cruising all the time with no jack rabbit starts?
- crazy ass mofo driving like a batshit from hell?

Thanks for sharing~! :driver:

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
mokomoko,
all components std except for the larger charge-cooler and the sr20det being in a bluebird 910 chassis, i managed to get 10km/L.

i am curious to know what the others are getting as well.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
sorry for butting into this thread, I was just browsing through, and I gotta say:

10KM / L is bloody good mate! i'm disappointed with my own 2L N/A (DC5) , i'm only getting 8KM/L !!! :banghead:

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
vagabond,
you must be flooring the throttle constantly! :) bear in mind, i ran stock boost and only flooring it a couple of times while in a mix of highway and city driving.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
10km / L is damn good
right now i tuned down my fuel pressure slightly cause it was running too rich
i have yet to calculate mine yet but i want to get an indicator of how much can an SR get on average

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
mokomoko,
any idea what's the mileage like AFTER the fuel gauge light is permanently on? i might bring my jerry can just to find out what's the limit before i run out of fuel.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Vagabond
you dont forget the DC5 come with close ratio and high final drive gear as well

bro , close gear ratio , yes .

but the FD2R (new civic type r) final drive is higher @ 5.062

i think i've got issues with my tuning :banghead:

thanks for letting me butt into your thread guys :love:

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
mokomoko,
any idea what's the mileage like AFTER the fuel gauge light is permanently on? i might bring my jerry can just to find out what's the limit before i run out of fuel.
no idea yet. havnt done the full run out of fuel situation yet. But it is bad for your engine to do that. Usually tanks have about enough reserves to drive another extra 30 - 40km after the red light starts flashing.

I havnt not tuned my car yet. All my air/fuel ratios are out. Currently what i tested im runing about 7km per litre.....which is horrible.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
no worries vagabond. if only more owners would contribute their fuel consumption figures.

mokomoko,
your fuel gauge warning light flashes? mine goes on, then off and then after a little more driving it stays on which tells me i'd better refuel within the next 10km or else...

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
my redtop - i get abt 7 km/litre...city driving..0.9 boost...

low boost i havent checked yet. but i would like to believe i get more mileage? haha

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
no worries vagabond. if only more owners would contribute their fuel consumption figures.

mokomoko,
your fuel gauge warning light flashes? mine goes on, then off and then after a little more driving it stays on which tells me i'd better refuel within the next 10km or else...
not flash as in blinking. more like just turning on to remind me the car is thirsty. i know u get roughly around 30kms in the reserve tank, but that will be pushing it already.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
mokomoko,
ah, that makes sense then. hopefully I still maintain my current fuel consumption regardless of my recent wheel swap. much wider and larger diameter.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
fueled my car with rm20 of petrol,drive around kl w/o boosting up the car(turbo seal kong,dun wanna fogging all round kl,m not dbkl).
so got around 100km,
stock sr20,auto gearbox,no more cast iron manifold,change it to banana,idle really rough,haish

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav bought my car for bout 4 years....
i noticed that my headlamp is getting faded n not shining like new headlamps....
it is a bit blur.....

wat should i do 2 overcome this prob?

if buy a new pair will cost about 300......

i saw in the market, they offer sum kind of headlamp polisher,does that works?
if yes,wat brand of the polisher that really works....

suggestion pls....

thanks a lot>......:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience