vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't understand how Subaru price their products. They seem to think their products are worth a premium in this market, where Subaru actually don't have any market advantage. Symmetrical all wheel drive? Sorry doesn't snow here.

Even their "full spec" on the XV is still pathetic. Only 3 air bags?

How you feel after driving your Forester? The increase ride height & visibility nice? I can't wait for the new CX-5 come out, so I can go kay poh. But with the 2L engine, don't think I'll consider it. Even my boat is more powerful.
My wife after testing X-Trail, CX-5 then forester fell for the forester. More comfort. she just felt better in the forester, even the driving. For the rear, visibility also better as door window is larger. CX-5 due to body shape have smaller window. My family all giants.....hhahahhaha
Different people have different priorities so not all will be the same......:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ixeo : I don't care about AWD or RWD or FWD in a SUV. I only care about comfort, handling and how it drives. And I don't care for the CX5 2.0 at all. Gonna drive it to SGP next month so I'll report on FC later.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Comfort, handling, and how it drives..in that order.. sounds like you need a Mercedes..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Comfort, handling, and how it drives..in that order.. sounds like you need a Mercedes..
if you're talking about the GLx series of Mercs, they aren't that comfy. Even then gargantuan GLS. But give me the new E-class over any luxury brand available in M'sia anyday.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Eh eh.. I tested the new Tiguan recently, it looks brilliant and drives pretty well. But the rear seats are horrid.
waiting for it to popup in mall for showcase . Then can sit inside see and feel.

quite suprise for it to be in less than 180kish price range. All the goodies looks nice.

so driving experience not bad for 1.4tsi eh?

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Test drove the CX-5 today. The interior feels dated (versus the Mazda 3). Power is meh. But it does handle very car like. I enjoy the high visibility. My boat has more power per kg. Meh.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Test drove the CX-5 today. The interior feels dated (versus the Mazda 3). Power is meh. But it does handle very car like. I enjoy the high visibility. My boat has more power per kg. Meh.
Try X-Trial and Forester also.....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
which variant?

The 2.5L petrol variant is quite powderphul...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
waiting for it to popup in mall for showcase . Then can sit inside see and feel.

quite suprise for it to be in less than 180kish price range. All the goodies looks nice.

so driving experience not bad for 1.4tsi eh?
It doesn't have the supercharger anymore. I think it's a pure turbo 1.4 now. It drives like a turbo car too - uphill the lag is crazy bad. But i think it's my own fault since I'm not used to driving it and it wasn't my car so didn't dare to floor it.

2.0 is meh right? MEHHHHHH.. hahaha.. the diesel is woah momma

Zeroshift

Known Member

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Test drove the tiguan yesterday also, the lag in turbo and DSG is really bad. CX-5 does drive better, but personally i feel the Forester does drive surprisingly well, i didnt expect the 2 liter AWD perform pretty good at low-end.

CLS78

Known Member

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
buy car according to your capability in terms of financial & your needs...do not buy car according to the latest trend or current lifestyle situations...cos if you do buy car because of this....the problems will start from the first day you bought it!...In Malaysia, no point buying the fastest car in the market cos....when you are in School areas....you still cannot go more than 30km/h regardless of your car's powewr

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
buy car according to your capability in terms of financial & your needs...do not buy car according to the latest trend or current lifestyle situations...cos if you do buy car because of this....the problems will start from the first day you bought it!...In Malaysia, no point buying the fastest car in the market cos....when you are in School areas....you still cannot go more than 30km/h regardless of your car's powewr

but power and torque much needed to overtake plenty of idiot daydreaming driver on major road and highways

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dudes, my mom's perdana executive also the auto gearbox koyak la.............
spent about 3K plus to buy 2nd hand gearbox but still not cekap la.......
when accelerate from stationary, have to do it very slowly otherwise the gear will jump from 1st gear to 2nd n got load thud sound.........
anyone can give me any advice?
what can we do to get rid of this problem?
we just replaced the shock absorbers n both upper n lower arms on both sides so now only the gearbox is a main...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience