proton savvy problem

SkyLine Fan

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
hey, i am new to this forum and i haven't come across a post that has touched on this problem i am having. I recently bought a Proton Savvy 1.2 AMT, you know, the Automatic Manual Transmission thing. anyways, i am having this problem with the reverse gear and also the 1st gear or D gear during slopes and traffic jams.

1st of all, the major issue. When the car is at a slope, in a jam, it tends to roll back as in like in Neutral gear on a slope. I have to resort to pulling the handbrake and switching in first gear while holding lightly the throttle when the green light comes on.

2nd of all, sometimes in a traffic jam, i put it in 1st gear or D gear, but the car doesnt move as thou it is in Neutral gear. i still need to lightly press the throttle before the car starts to move.

3rd is the reverse gear. the reverse gear sometimes already kicked in, but at slopes, it rolls back down. which is bad. cause i might go into the drain or hit something. And the throttle doesnt help because when pressed sometimes it have a sudden jerk of power, causing it to overshoot.

i hope someone helps me with this because i am still very noob in this forum and also in driving the AMT. i usually drive a Manual or Automatic with no problem but this is really confusing because i am doing without clutch so i dont have much control on what to do and it doesnt behave like a proper automatic. thank you

jinsepat

jinsepat

Aug 20, 2007
lesson dont climb any slope !! huhuhu .... (just jokin!).. me too planning to buy that car larr

SkyLine Fan

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
well, overall the proton savvy is good. its handling, and steering fits me well. dont know about you guys. i feel much safer in it than in a Proton Wira actually (My wira 'drifted' on me tonnes of times,when i dont need it -_-) its a good car, just that i chose this AMT because it is the Automatic Transmission version and i am eager to try something new, rather than the usual AT or MT. But i cant seem to get the hang of the transmission when i dont know how it works properly. That's why i am trying to look for help here. LOL.
Can somebody help me please? I am not sure whether the car is meant to be like that or just unfortunately MY car is like that. I am bringing it to check with my dealer tomorrow.

SkyLine Fan

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
oh, and i just encounter another thing. My emergency brake lights wouldnt seem to go off. When u braking down to a stop, it comes on. But just now, i went for a drive, the whole way my light was on. Dont know it affects anything or not thou..

m1adam

Known Member

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
hey, i am new to this forum and i haven't come across a post that has touched on this problem i am having. I recently bought a Proton Savvy 1.2 AMT, you know, the Automatic Manual Transmission thing. anyways, i am having this problem with the reverse gear and also the 1st gear or D gear during slopes and traffic jams.

1st of all, the major issue. When the car is at a slope, in a jam, it tends to roll back as in like in Neutral gear on a slope. I have to resort to pulling the handbrake and switching in first gear while holding lightly the throttle when the green light comes on.

2nd of all, sometimes in a traffic jam, i put it in 1st gear or D gear, but the car doesnt move as thou it is in Neutral gear. i still need to lightly press the throttle before the car starts to move.

3rd is the reverse gear. the reverse gear sometimes already kicked in, but at slopes, it rolls back down. which is bad. cause i might go into the drain or hit something. And the throttle doesnt help because when pressed sometimes it have a sudden jerk of power, causing it to overshoot.

i hope someone helps me with this because i am still very noob in this forum and also in driving the AMT. i usually drive a Manual or Automatic with no problem but this is really confusing because i am doing without clutch so i dont have much control on what to do and it doesnt behave like a proper automatic. thank you

Usually when at traffic light u wana engage the gear press the brakes 1st b4 engaging the gear AMT has a safety feature u need to press the brakes b4 starting to initiate the 1st gear bro,and the slope thingy its normal coz its a MT tranny with automated clutch not a full AT tranny so need to rev to get it moving on slopes bcarefull nt to overheat ur clutch at hills coz the clutch is quite expensive to replace.

SkyLine Fan

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
yeah.. thanks man.
so that means i have to like rev it a bit for it to stay still? doesnt that consume petrol?
But also, i seem to have a problem for it not moving at times in traffic jam. the throttle is abit too soft, not really my cup of tea. and the reverse gear is really shit. i think i have to get used to it.
oh, and why is my emergency brake always on? like always always on. A 50km journey and the light is always on. please note my handbrake is down. I tried pulling it up and letting it down again few times. even restarting the engine, but it never fails to be on.

SkyLine Fan

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
oh.. after reading the manual guide book, i think the light indicator is on because of my car's brake fluid is low. That sucks for a car like less than a week old.

SkyLine Fan

SkyLine Fan

Aug 2, 2007
ok, i got to the source of the problem.. turns out the brake fluid was running low. got it filled up now it works like a charm. Its a damn nice car to drive and has capture my heart. just only the looks that is a bit disturbing, but its all good.
CHEERS =)

croomaniac

croomaniac

Aug 27, 2007

AMT is not like AT which possess torque converter.. AMT has this small robot thingy called actuator which helps you to engage into gears, just like manual! YES, it uses the same transmission as the manual savvy! :biggrin:

that is why you go back during slops, because it is not at AT car, its an AMT.. and with AT car it wont even go an inch back.. if you read the manual, its advisable for you to use the ebrake during slops, not staying with D mode and slightly pressing the throttle.. your clutch plate will finish faster then..

tip for reversing, use your e brake, it helps alot.. why? because i am currently driving a metal grey for more than a year now :biggrin: it is the nicest car that i've ever come through.. hehe

please refer to www dot savoc dot net.. you'll find almost everything there..

nizesa

nizesa

Oct 28, 2005
Actually even with AT car it will roll back if you don't have enough power.. Used to panic when my old kancil 850ez rolled down but after a while, you get used to it and know how to compensate with either pedal or handbrake.

amad108..

Known Member

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
me 1st time test the amt really confuse but after familiar with it i enjoy it, but it's really annoying using it auto/manual mode which sometimes it jerking, not responsive throttle response... i think the management for the gbx make the car not responsive...

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
actually the amt gearbox operates by a motor that shift gears manually without u depressing the clutch pedal....it is not advisable to put on D when u r on slopes...it might burn yr clutch and spoilt the gearbox coz it is like manual hanging on half clutch when on slopes....

bout the jerk, it can be overcome with proper pedal control when acceleration....it works like whenever u wanna upshift, try let go the accelerator and press when its already upshifted...like this you will feel the kick & quick response....for auto...only 1st gear to 2nd will jerk, other than that..its minimum shift jerk...

enjoyable car ....best thing is, fuel consumption so low....less than 20sen km

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just outside my house compound at PJS 9/10 Sunway, 2nd september (due to no space...hv to park outside lol). That morning found out that all my sport rims (4 pcs) missing. Damn it! My advice, install good shock+motion sensor on your car. Now, i have install 2 shock+1 motion sensor at my fish. Damn sensitive!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience