how to adjust kancil 850M (caburator type) idle rpm?

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
how to adjust kancil 850M (carburator type) idle rpm?

Hi,
I'm a kancil owner(850 manual carburator type). Recently I have my timing tune by mechanic, I can see that he tune the timing by changing the angle of the distributor. After he tune for the timing, I just found out that idle speed is become high around 1400rpm. & he said it is not possible to adjust the idle rpm since kancil don't have idle rpm adjustment screw :mad: .....1400rpm seem to be high for me cause manual stated that idle rpm should be around 1000rpm.

Anyone here know how to adjust the idle rpm for the kancil? where is the idle rpm adjustment screw located? really thanks in advance

Last edited:

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
& I do need to know the A/F mixture screw also......I just check the carburator, I can see that it got big & small screw at the back. hope someone will help me to identify it......thanks in advance

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
got lah... all carburetor must got idle speed screw....
if not mistaken kancil carburetor got 1 air screw and 1 fuel screw separately.... means u need to tune both to get optimum AFR...

not too sure... last time my friend explain to me... i didnt bother listen coz not my car... lolz... besides, kancil engine bay so small, cannot peek behind to see where is the screw also...

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
skywalker, thanks for reply.

anyone else know where the idle screw adjustment located?

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
knock, knock, hello, anybody there can answer my question??

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
ok...don't worry about both the air and fuel mixture screw.

what you may need to do now is, look for a screw which when you press your pedal a plate will move, this plate is seated on a screw. when you adjust this screw, it will slowly increase or decrease your rpm. if you are still blur2, please do give me a call. Susah abit wanna explain by words...

lkk

Known Member
Jan 20, 2004
errr... if not mistaken the idle screw is locate at the back part of the carb( the firewall side) n seat under the carb. try see at the back n the middle of the carb. there is the only screw can pusing.

dun shot me if i am wrong r.... hehe

just my 2 cents.

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
ThomasLee, Burnner & Ikk , thanks for reply. will try to locate the idle screw. But what I found on the forum, normally the idle screw got a spring on it. will let you guy know once I found it :)

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
yes..the idle screw have spring on them. So you may need to check properly before you adjust anything ok..

best of luck on this.

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
look like I already found the idle screw, it is located at near to the firewall. It has a big screw with a spring on it. :biggrin:
thanks anyone who reply to this thread.

lysiong

Nov 16, 2007
then wat happen?idle screw is at the side front..
is at the back of the carburator, is quite inside. my hand need to go deep inside around 20cm to reach it. is a very big screw with a "flat philips head" on it. The size of the screw head look like similar to 5cents.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help! there was some stupid construction going on nearby, and the road was filled with watery cement, so now my fenders and some of my bumper has cement stains on them..

how to remove!? scratch it off slowly?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience