Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine and Performance

FireStorm Ignition Coil Booster for more torque and fuel saving

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Just to share info on this product to ZTH members looking for more torque and smoother acceleration plus additional fuel savings.

This product had been in R&D for 2 years and had been sold for the past 1.5 years in the northern region market on a low profile to gauge the reliability and performance. This product has now been tested and proven with full reliability.

The video is posted here:

Zerotohundred.com - FireStorm Ignition Coil Booster for more torque and fuel savings

A product review by one of the consumer in another Forum is pasted below.

I'm the guy driving Merc 190E. Did COD together with IEIE at Taman Mayang during the rain last week Sunday.

I'm reporting after using for 1 week.

1. Upon installation, idling straightaway become very stable. Before installation can feel engine vibration even from inside cabin. This is because I haven't change my engine mounting when it broke since 2 years ago. After Firestorm no more vibration. I can now delay changing engine mounting even further.

2. Throttle respond improved a lot. No need to press accelerator pedal much.

3. No need to downshift so much. I'm driving a manual transmission by the way. Everyday, driving home from work, I will have to pass this steep incline which needed me to downshift to 2nd gear or if I force to climb using 3rd gear, the engine will pink (knock like crazy). I'm on RON 95 by the way and my distributor ignition timing is set to a little bit advanced so that I would not loose pick-up. With this setting, I need to be careful with my throttle input and the gear I choose if not engine knocking will occur.

But after installing Firestorm, I no longer need to downshift to 2nd gear on the same steep incline. I can now use 3rd gear happily without the engine giving knocking or pinking sound.....

4. Now for the best part. FC has improved quite a bit. Before, I'm getting an average 8.5km/l. I'm a sensible driver and my driving is very consistent and my route is the same with the same kind of traffic. Therefore I always get between 8.3km/l to 8.6km/l town driving.

After installing Firestorm...guess what? My FC is now averaging at 9.6km/l. Same route. same driving style albeit slightly heavy on the throttle due to better engine torque and throttle respond (can't resist that). That's more than 10% in fuel saving.

Overall this is a great product. After installing, from the power gain I get, I did expect to get a bit of FC reduction , but my expectation was not more than 5% but end up with more than 10% is a huge improvement and I consider it a bonus that will pay itself in my case in 8 months time due to the saving in FC it gave me..

Thanks for introducing this wonderful product....I am very a very satisfied consumer.

Money well spent I must say.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter, Sani here....Yup, I purposely register just to give my feedback on this wonderful product for the benefit of others.
You can say I am doing community work here ....hehehe

Jokes aside, seriously, this is truly a great device, and I want to share my gains and improvement I just experience this past 1 week.

Because in the market out there, there are too many products that promise this and that but in actual does nothing.

I am in the same boat as you, been looking for good product that actually work. And believe me there are products out there that really work, but we have to be smart in choosing them. One way to do that is by reading other people's review and testimonial.

So, by relating my experience here I believe I am helping others who may be sceptical about this product to help them decide and in the end save their hard earn money.

When we met that day, I can tell that your main interest is not about making money from selling the product but I can tell you actually want to share this product and help people save in the long term. May God bless you bro for your kind intention.

And yes, I have already redo the nut and bolt at the ignition coil joint. Thanks for your concern.
On my next spark pug change, maybe I will try to re-gap the electrode to 1.2mm from current standard 0.8mm. Hopefully engine will be more stable.

About RON97.....Hahaha...I wont even bother wasting my money on RON97. I believe with the gains that I get, maybe even RON92 would be sufficient.

Attachments

Last edited:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
From the look of the ignition spark in the video.. i think 4 point spark plug would benefit best from this as the spark may go 4 way at a time thus provide better combustion.

Kindly PM me the price...thanks....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
peter, this thing made in whc country?..

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Looks convincing... pm me price n loc.. thanks.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Done. Please check your PM. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

can pm me about the price please?
Done. Please check your PM. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

From the look of the ignition spark in the video.. i think 4 point spark plug would benefit best from this as the spark may go 4 way at a time thus provide better combustion.

Kindly PM me the price...thanks....
Any spark plugs can be used. The standard copper is cheapest while the Platinum spark plugs will be very expensive. The Super 4 plugs can also be used.

Please check your PM. I need to know your car model.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

peter, this thing made in whc country?..
This product is made in Malaysia but you wont find much info on it as this product had been in R&D for 2 years and had just been sold locally on a low profile in the northern region market for the past 1.5 years to gauge the reliability and performance.

During that time, fine tuning changes had been made to the device and it is virtually bullet-proof now. Hehe.

It has been fully tested and is installed in many Japanese, Continental and local made cars. It has even been installed in a Porsche Cayenne, BMW 3 & 5 series as well as in Mercedes and other high end sports models.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Pls PM price
Please check your PM. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Looks convincing... pm me price n loc.. thanks.
Please check your PM. Thanks.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
any chances this would overload the coils?

would it work on individual coil-on-plug system?

No, it will not overload the coils. This device has been designed to increase the efficiency of the ignition coil by way of resonance, NOT by capacitive or by increasing the voltage as most other products are designed.

This device will NOT kill any part of the electrical components as the supply current is much lower compared to stock. This is similar to how PWM works. When the efficiency is raised, the voltage rises but the current goes down.

Higher current devices of other ignition boosters directly raise the primary winding voltage from 12V to 16V or even to 18V to induce a higher current in the secondary winding, which causes the primary current to go up high, very high.

Yes, the FireStorm Booster will work on all petrol engines with external coils, coil-over-plugs and even internal coils. The power to the ignition coils on most engines are supplied via a fuse in the fusebox and this is where the FireStorm Booster is installed.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
ok... how does this compare to a a thousand ringgit Haltech HPI ignitor...?
Ah, upmarket Ignition Coils; Haltech, MSD etc. Well, this is what tuners swear by but do remember that high current kills electronics! High current equals higher temperature equals more wear and tear.

Performance cars are good for one thing.... speed! More fuel, more air, more sparks, more exhaust equals speed.

Performance car owners can afford to spend a lot of money on enhancement and tuning. Can the average car owner spend endlessly to replace expensive parts or send for frequent tuning for a daily ride to work?

The FireStorm Booster is meant to give a little extra ummph by fully burning the air-fuel mixture and giving a better combustion, which will lead to a better fuel savings while letting you feel your engine is smoother and pulls away faster and stronger.

It gives a bigger and stronger spark, NOT by sucking up high current but it raises the efficiency of the existing voltage supplied to the ignition coil, somewhat in a similar fashion to PWM, which in turn lowers the current supplied to the ignition coil. The ignition coil runs cooler with lower currents on the primary winding albeit the higher voltage output on the secondary winding.

The FireStorm Booster is designed to give better torque, save fuel and save a hole in your wallet in comparison to using other upmarket products that may, in the long run, damage the electronics or mechanics of your engine, hence causing an even bigger hole to repair the engine.

Money saved equal money earned. Simple equation.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If it is not too much, we would again like to thank everyone for being a part of the success of Zerotohundred.com’s TIMETOATTACK Round 2 as it was definitely one of the best that we had ever organized so far! And just like the last round, we'll now bring you some of the treats for those who could not make it to last Sunday’s event, in the form of automotive eye-candies, starting off with the JDMs...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience