Help!! Proton Wira 1.3 locking problem.

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Any sifu, help needed!! It's a very annoying problem. I've owned a proton wira 1.3 carb. De problem is de locking. It comes with an alarm system. When I unlock de door by either using key or remote control, de lock for all 4 doors pops up and down for many times. Furthermore, even when de door is unlocked, when I closed my passenger door, it will automatically pop down(locked). So, sometimes I got a problem by locking up my key inside de car. Sifu sifu pls help me recognize de problem. Currently a student, not very affordable to fix this kinda simple problem outside by sending few hundred bucks. Prefer DIY all de time for low budget. Hehe.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
check your central lock system and the driver's side's "gun". Is the "thing" pops up completely or partial only? Last time my wira case was pop up partially then goes down back, so the reason is due to the "gun" almost malfunctioned. So I need to change the "gun" and there are two types in the market: OEM type is square shape black colour while the aftermarket type is like a batang shape with light blue colour. See which one you prefer.

kian27

Known Member
Sep 28, 2008
Petaling Jaya
I used to have the same problem like you -automatic pop up & down problem before. But the problem gone by itself :stupid:.....

the gun wont cost u more than 50buck each, if i nt rmb wrong :biggrin:.

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
I think it's not the gun prob.. The "thing" pops up completely.. And BTW I've tried changing guns as well.. to de Blue 1 that u mentioned.. Problem still persist..

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
how about the central locking system? try to check on that, it could be the culprit.

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
sorry.. But which one will be the central locking system? Is it the one located next to the accelerator pedal?

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
sorry.. But which one will be the central locking system? Is it the one located next to the accelerator pedal?

Hi Bro...try to unplug the central looking alaram, i think it should be next to accelerator....then try lock and unlock using ur key...if no problem then its ur alarm causing the problem... if still got its might be the gun or ur central look relay having the problem

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
The central locking unit is right below the steering wheel. It looks like an oversized relay.

Might want to check the central locking wiring. This is how it works :

1) Normal condition
- The control circuit is in CLOSED condition (meaning always connected)

2) Unlock
- The control circuit is connected to ground (for a while)

3) Lock
- The control circuit is in OPEN condition (meaning no connection) (for a while)

Hope this helps.

ch1103

Known Member
Nov 26, 2006
Thanks bros.. I've already solved de prob by 50%.. LOLX! I've disconnected both of de switch wire.. So i can only lock n unlock using de alarm remote control or de switch from de alarm system to unlock.. but de cons is, when im gonna open it manually from de driver side, the others wont pop up.. lolx! which means if im using de key to open de door, only de driver side will be popping up..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience