HANKOOK VENTUS HR2 Sidewall crack along the design

project3

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006

after using this tires for 40k the side wall of this tires show sign of cracking at the side wall - as u can see is because of the design. anyway the thread still havent reach the threadwear sign and still another 40% compound can be use till the threadwear sign.

other 3 pcs of the tires still ok!

new price for this model and size is RM230 pp.

Do you think its safe to continue to use this?

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
change the tire immediately, dude.
don't risk your life and your love one with RM230

looks like a defect.

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm same as my friend's one , clocked 40k and cracks around it ... dude go change to yokohama a drive - rm270/piece

KhonBaRot1

Nov 20, 2008
bring it back to the dealer. let see if he deserved more of ur hard earned cash. no matter how doong doong chey the brand name is, but a cracked tyre is a cracked tyre...

project3

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
thank you for the advise!

finally have changed. Shop said due to low profile and insufficient air. I only got it refill with nitrogen before CNY!!!

when remove the tires i checked inside the sidewall - no crack!

email the tire manufacturer to report if this is a manufacture faulty and already one week still no reply.

Last edited:

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Ventus HR2 is very well known for its prematured sidewall cracks. I used to have HR2 fitted onto my ride but maybe due to our weather, the sidewall cracked like no tomorrow only. I suggest that u replace all 4 pcs of your Ventus HR2 tyres as once 1 of the tyre cracked, the rest will eventually follows.

Bump: Ventus HR2 is very well known for its prematured sidewall cracks. I used to have HR2 fitted onto my ride but maybe due to our weather, the sidewall cracked like no tomorrow only. I suggest that u replace all 4 pcs of your Ventus HR2 tyres as once 1 of the tyre cracked, the rest will eventually follows.

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
better change, i had same experiece with falken tires but the crack happened at the inner rim! both tires burst on the same day...

project3

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
nice place to seek advise and opinion plus experienced. Not like other rojak forum post anything will get nonsense.

Anyway another piece of the tires are still in good condition. the shop wanna offer me rm50 for both!

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Not only this, Pirelli tires are also prone to crack on d side walls.. and also Dunlop direzzas...

Pirelli's ... Yup ... even the P-Zero's are crap in our weather ... May have some pic's coming up tomorrow ... Pirelli's POS ... :banghead:

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Cracked Pirelli's P-Zero Assymetrico 265x35x18" ... :banghead:

Attachments

project3

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
maybe can write to the manufacturer and see whats the reason. Im still waiting for hancock for the reply.

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
maybe can write to the manufacturer and see whats the reason. Im still waiting for hancock for the reply.
they din use malaysian rubber...thts y it crack...hahaha...ok ok..silly jokes

those goodyear manufacturer in UK all using malaysian rubber which is known to the world one of the best or mayb the best rubber producer....

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
I was using 17" Pirelli Dragon tires last time.
Also crack when the thread has some 40% to 50% of life left.
Gave up on 17" and went down to 15".
No problems anymore.
:D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anybody list down the body mastery art in kl and pj area?

those that can do art work like hand metal bending?
conversion of A to Z body form?

hope can list down so can hunt for good source
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience