Number Plate In Malaysia...

S

skyline86

Hi all,

Is anyone know how can we check the number plate that currently running in malaysia? Let's say I want to check selangor currently is BHQ or BHR ? Penang is PGN or PGP ? and does anyone make deal with JPJ here to get nice number? is Number 1 - 10 reserve for some VIP? any way to get those nice number plate?

thanks..

skyline86

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
i think only number 1 car plate is reserved for de royalty.. as far as i heard of, de running number plate in KL (means W plates) is one alphabet per day.. not sure how true is it.. hehe.. cheers! :regular_smile:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
number 1 is public edi...no mo reserve for royalty....just pay an obcsene amount of money for number 1...cant imagine a chaw koay teow owner or kai fan owner driving a wira "XXX 1"...haha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
reminds me of the plate number "JJJ" incident that cost a whopping RM150,000.......can buy semi detached house liow!!!

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
For you guys info, i just happen to see the license plate for JJJ1, and guess what car is that... a normal, red, unmodified Chevrolet Aveo... i was like.. wtf.. i bet all the money went into the license plate and caused the owner to lose his beemer or something...

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i guess they rather want to show off...if u got extra money ok ler...but for normal ppl like me...i like nice numbers like... BBB8888
looks nice...but also expansive the same time...hgehehe

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
alexklg said:
For you guys info, i just happen to see the license plate for JJJ1, and guess what car is that... a normal, red, unmodified Chevrolet Aveo... i was like.. wtf.. i bet all the money went into the license plate and caused the owner to lose his beemer or something...
alex, confirm? JJJ1 hit JPJ new record, RM151K for a single plate. LOL looks like the plate is more expensive than the car value.

JJJ1 shall at least for your lambo (ehem, in the avatar) mah.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Doink said:
i guess they rather want to show off...if u got extra money ok ler...but for normal ppl like me...i like nice numbers like... BBB8888
looks nice...but also expansive the same time...hgehehe
i saw that plate before...on a met blue iswara sedan...i was outside 1u smokin when the car passed me by...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
when buying the special numbers, very expensive. When selling the car, how much can you retain the value? maximum would be around 1k only kau(I think)......so, the special number is plainly for show-off only....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i'd rather show off with customed number plates like in NZ/US...
mine would be 'PARIAH/HAMSAP'

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Pocroc,
U neber fail to amuse me......

As for me, I wan "No Proton" as my custom plate

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
PocketRocket said:
i'd rather show off with customed number plates like in NZ/US...
mine would be 'PARIAH/HAMSAP'
NZ or AUs recycle their number plate. You "rent" the plate from the goverment for 2 years. Later that you will need to re-tender your plate. NZ or Aus student/graduate, can anyone confirm that?

JPJ did raise the concern (2 years ago i think) for number which is going to finish soon (with 3 alpahbet and 4 running number format). I didn't see any action taken. JPJ system is very old system. I think the cheapest way to upgrade it is to add the 4th alphabet, IT boss out there will kill me if they hear my idea.

custom, maybe i'll get "MCSB"? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was browsing through the Pivot website earlier today and as I was
looking @ the Stepping Gauge section, I got curious about something.

1) Why is there a need to install such a meter in a car? The car already
comes with a RPM meter. What difference does this Pivot meter make? Why
do cars need to install things like Boost Meter, Speed Meter, Tachometer
and Shift Lamps?

2) Are such lamps only installed for Manual Transmission cars? or do
people actually install in on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience