Upgrading My wira aeroback 1.3 engine

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello forumers, my name's Aira and i owned a Wira Aeroback 1.3 Injection year 2002. I don't think of selling this car because this is the car i grew up with and recently i bought it from my dad (3k only, lucky me haha) who's upgrading to myvi 1.5 SE.

But 1.3 engine is really underpowered, especially if going up the hills. So i'm thinking of upgrading the engine to 1.6 wira engine, or should i opted for 4g91 mitsu engine? wira 1.6 engine is cheaper, and with my ciput budget i think i can afford it but then all my friends said the 4g91 engine is better and more fuel efficient. So what do you guys thinks? I'm not a racer, just for a daily using only, or is there another engine you guys would suggest? I'm all ears. Thanks

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
Big bang for small buck would be a 1.5 4g15 block and top overhaul and some porting job.if swap engine,just look for turbo engine then no regret.

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
I vote 4G91 or alternate 4g93 NA. One of my friend's 96 Wira Aeroback auto gearbox spoil and he upgraded to 4G91 for few years until now no regret. He bought the half cut for RM4000, only use the engine and some important parts then other things like bumper, headlights, car hood, disc brake, original air-cond and many things he sell off for RM1000+ to take back some money.

If you want more power turbo is good, but bear in mind that petrol is good also.... When the turbo boost one time is few cents :driver:

see this 4G93 4g93 na - YouTube

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
forgot to mention that my wira is manual transmission

so how much do u think it cost to upgrade to 4g91? and i've seen 4g92 single cam is cheaper than the twin cam version. what is the difference between this two engine?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
upgrade to a 4g15 block, simple and biggest bang for ur buck mod u can do

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
4g91 dohc for sure....

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@croydon, i'm a noob in turbo system so can u tell me what's the difference in changing to turbo and change the engine?
And is turbo cost high in maintenance? FC?

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
my bad, forget that AIRA wants a legal ride so 4G93 is out.
4G91 DOHC best for you... Buy a half-cut and sell off those parts you no need. You can also sell of your original dashboard if you replaced it with Mitsu...

Turbo the boost sound is very nice but fuel consumption definitely high. See the boost meter go up and down very syiok btw..

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Hello. Bro... I go for 4G91 1.5 DOHC or 4G92 MIVEC....
Mivec now are to expensive...
I do my convert last 7 years Mivec manual cost me RM4500.00 now days are RM10,000.00
only half cut not include parts,labour and inspection cost...
Total RM7k for me last 7years..
I driving Proton Iswara Sedan...

AIRA

Jan 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
yeah mivec is way pricey nowadays

I'm thinking upgrading to engine wira 1.6, total cost plus installation below 3k. Is it a good choice guys?

Or if i change the block of my engine to 1.5, do i need to get it endorsed, and estimate how much cost it would be?

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

i've heard that 4G91 DOHC fc is even better than ori wira engine 1.3, is it true?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The difference between modding your current engine with a turbo vs changing the engine altogether is the hassle of puspakom and JPJ registration.

Turbo-ing your car you don't have to do all that. Just avoid JPJ roadblocks if possible. :biggrin:

In terms of fuel consumption expect more with a turbo-ed ride purely because of the laws of physics. More power = more air (turbo) + more fuel.

The other thing is you'd have to monitor the oil temp, water temp more vigorously. Other than that the amount of money spent on a proper BOT will be almost as much as changing to a 4G91 and having it refurbished (new seals, skim, etc)

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Hello... Good morning... Bro Aira... Go for 4G91 1.5 DOHC engine.. Take half cut convert all the items tat in half cut to your car.. Such like
Disc brake front if can rear disc also... If can check or replace new set of brake pads.
Dashboard with or without digital air condition... Air condition gas...
Engine.. Change all the belting,water pump,gaskets,engine oil,gear oil,brake oil..
Radiator clean and flush.. If got extra RM ah change to Aluminium radiator..
New rims new tires...
Inspection Puspakom. Owner or runner.

Good luck bro.... From Steven..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience