Need some info about brake pads

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
do those brand has pad for pajero v6 twin pot? im using trw for now..from the feedback here, its soo tempting to try

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yah! if can find cheap and good why not. Actually satisfied with Trestor Advantage but they discon.....:bawling:
my TRW still thick, change em all 4 when skimming and service all 4 brakes earlier this year..but itchy to change either ultrex 550/700 or endless..just pm'ed ultrex brake to check product availability for pajero v6 brake set...:rofl::driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my TRW still thick, change em all 4 when skimming and service all 4 brakes earlier this year..but itchy to change either ultrex 550/700 or endless..just pm'ed ultrex brake to check product availability for pajero v6 brake set...:rofl::driver:
How are the TRW?:driver:

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Trestor also cheap......lol

Not sure of the other pads since have not tried them before. The higher temperature pads may need some warning up....
Trestor was cheap, RM90 only at PH Auto, Seapark. I think I read it here from your recommendation then I went on and tried it. Good pads but dusty haha!

I just replaced the front pads of my wife's Livina with TRW (but not sure of the type). Surprisingly it's decent for such a cheap China made product (I got it for just over rm100 all inclusive of GST and installation)! It's quite dusty as well though.
I think TRW was dusty, but DTec should be cleaner and might perform better than standard ones.

RS, Ultrex and TRW are all dusty. The Ultrex 700c doesn't need warming up and are awesome pads. I used to use them with my 4-pot Nissan calipers. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

What I do is I clean, clay and wax + coat my rims. The brake dust washes off with some high pressure water spray

TRW make oem pads for a lot of manufacturers. They are quite good in terms of entry level pads.
How much was Ultrex though? The price seems to be way higher than say TRW or Trestor.

Yes the 550c ive gotten for my previous brake is already way more than Trestor price.
Almost double than Trestor, just for the 550c.

Yah! if can find cheap and good why not. Actually satisfied with Trestor Advantage but they discon.....:bawling:
:bawling: Time to try out a new one. Maybe TRW DTec next. It's RM130 for my Neo.

Trw is decent enough...

But not confident in high speed - > hard braking and spirit drive on winding roads..
I'm curious to find out how TRW DTec fares. It seems the reviews are not too bad.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Is DTec their only variant of brake pad ?

Well dusty pad i could live with that, good bites always bring me more smile than clean wheels with poor stopping power.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How much did you buy the Ultrex and where?
How much was Ultrex though? The price seems to be way higher than say TRW or Trestor.
Yeah, the Ultrex pads are more expensive than the big brands like TRW and Trestor purely in the economical scale. TRW and Trestor have massive plants producing millions of pads. Ultrex is a niche brand like Endless and EBC so their pads are more expensive. But you get what you pay for imho.

My 4-pot pads for my skyline brakes last time was in the region of 500+. It was still going strong when I sold the pad together with the calipers after a year of usage and plenty of Ulu Yam runs.

Did Trestor say anything about what was replacing it?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, the Ultrex pads are more expensive than the big brands like TRW and Trestor purely in the economical scale. TRW and Trestor have massive plants producing millions of pads. Ultrex is a niche brand like Endless and EBC so their pads are more expensive. But you get what you pay for imho.

My 4-pot pads for my skyline brakes last time was in the region of 500+. It was still going strong when I sold the pad together with the calipers after a year of usage and plenty of Ulu Yam runs.

Did Trestor say anything about what was replacing it?
I ask for EBC yellow before and it was RM650, so those really niche market.

I email Trestor but no reply. According to CVkit, since factory now in Thailand they have to apply for some test to approve the product for their sales in MY. However the entry level and semi metallic are still being sold.
FMP the manufacturer produces Bendix, Trestor and Mergent. Even in Mergent website there is a blue color pads but now no longer highlight with any data. At least Trestor Advantage still in website but not on sale. Maybe time to try Bendix Ulitimate, their top range....:driver:

eddievh

Nov 3, 2005
Trestor Advantage discontinued already meh? Few months ago just got mine 1 set for W124 front made in Siam land. Bought it in Klang.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Trestor Advantage discontinued already meh? Few months ago just got mine 1 set for W124 front made in Siam land. Bought it in Klang.
At one time they stop when they shifted their factory from here to tom yam land.
Lately saw them back up in their web page but new packing. Hopefully they are back....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone explain? y?

as i noe its due to :
1) oil pump (faulty)
2) insufficienet engine oil

wat other causes??? anyone noes?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience