the most overrated car

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
Ferrari nowadays are not like what hanjackal describe.. of coz unless when u think the noise is the source of discomfort then its a complete diff matter.. the ride and the feel of it is worth the price.. btw all supercars or even big saloon cars generally have the same displacement or bigger displacement than a ferrari and produce less torque or power

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
now comes to think of it......Buggati Veyron........
how can anyone really drive that car on the street?!....
that I don't consider overrate.....but instead; it's a useless piece of junk.......

this car wouldn't be overrate if we do have the roads made like airplane strips and every roads are highways.....

kekekeke

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
Its not only the sound of a Ferrari..its so low and so hard.A ferrari is IMPOSSIBLE to use as a daily driven car !And also the pedals placement are very weird,so you have to have an awkward sitting position at all times.Also,there are so many better cars than Ferrari.But ferrari is still legendary just because of the name..i mean,whats so great about a ferrari that put it above the other super cars?And why do people worship ferrari so much?Its not that expensive considering its an exotic...and their technology is not that great.I see nothing special about a Ferrari !

I bet even a turbocharged proton decently modified can keep up with a ferrari in pick up.And a Supra/Skyline/RX7/Silvia decently modded can easily out run a ferrari in Pickup,mid end,top end...and those japanese sport cars are more everyday drivable than a ferrari.Whats so great about a ferrari ?!

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
HanJackal said:
Its not only the sound of a Ferrari..its so low and so hard.A ferrari is IMPOSSIBLE to use as a daily driven car !And also the pedals placement are very weird,so you have to have an awkward sitting position at all times.Also,there are so many better cars than Ferrari.But ferrari is still legendary just because of the name..i mean,whats so great about a ferrari that put it above the other super cars?And why do people worship ferrari so much?Its not that expensive considering its an exotic...and their technology is not that great.I see nothing special about a Ferrari !

I bet even a turbocharged proton decently modified can keep up with a ferrari in pick up.And a Supra/Skyline/RX7/Silvia decently modded can easily out run a ferrari in Pickup,mid end,top end...and those japanese sport cars are more everyday drivable than a ferrari.Whats so great about a ferrari ?!
HanJackal; I guess you are someone who doesn't "get" Ferraris (as in understand or appreciate), so it doesn't matter what I or others try to tell you because you still won't like them.

Its not just about the performance or the looks or the noise. Its more than that.

And puhleez don't bring up your modified cars comparisons nonsense. If that's your argument, whats the point of your Supras/Skylines etc. ? Because some junk can also be modified to outrun them also.

Low and hard? Your modified Supras/Skylines not low and hard ah? Some Ferraris probably rides better.

Impossible as a daily driver? Explain impossible. Might you get the opinion of real Ferrari owners local and abroad and see what they think. So are your Supras/Skylines very good daily drivers then?

So many better cars than Ferraris? Sure, except the best car in the world, all cars have cars better than them. And which is the best car then? Your Supras/Skylines are the best and no cars better?

Some Ferraris are good, some not so good. Some are better than certain cars and some not as good as certain cars. That's true for all cars, no?

People worship Ferrari because they make great cars and they've got heritage and tradition.

So it needs to be how expensive if it is an exotic? What are you talking about?

Technology not that great? :rofl: Now you are really pushing it. So tell me what technology is great to you then.

You see nothing special, fine, no problem with that. Plenty of others can.

Just so you know, recent Ferraris are built just about as good as they come, quality, ergonomics (even the classic "Italian" seating position has been erradicated) etc. About daily driving, c'mon its a supercar, what do you expect? Its not going to be a Honda or Toyota around town, but Lamborghini nightmare difficult it is not.

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
koolspyda said:
well my offering on "overrated" = is when manufacturer hype(s) the particular make & because theres a cult following of that particular "marque". the hyped car isnt & doesnt offer more/improve in any aspects of the said vehicle than its direct competitor(s) of its class. It just selling well because well maybe of manufacturers "pedigree" while the competitors isnt a slouch too.
I think this thread has been badly misinterepreted. First the thread starter mentioned "overrated " instead of " overpriced"

And from there the arguments begin... hahaha

As to the overated argument I agree to koolspyda's comment. Though I might add not just manufacturers are at fault but us car enthusiast too. Witness Evo fans vs Impreza fans, 4wd fans vs RWD fans.etc

HanJackal,
saying a Ferrari ain't special. Shame on you. No REAL car enthusiast would turn down the chance to experience seeing the curvy flanks of a 250LM or hearing the high-pitch wail of a 430 or just gawking at the Raw RaceCar looks and feel of the 288GTO and the F40 or the technological marvel of a Enzo ............. all that and the Drama from the designs and details of current Lamborghinis, which are truly mind blowing

And some of you can knock the AE86 all you want. From a driving perspective, It still kicks ass, from the extraordinary grip levels it's chassis has (no 4WD/AYC) the communicative steering to the 7800rpm screamer engine (first came out in 80's and no V-Tec/MIVEC) ..... hahahaha

not to mention rareness (UMW Toyota brought in only a small numbers, 50 units if I recall YS Khong correctly, in comparison Evos and STIs are common as hell)

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
ferrari is overratted couse its hand assembled every detail part of the car from the engine to wheels and the car is assemble in their own factory in italy and then export to other country

the car is hard to tune cos in malaysia theres less experties here, where we can give our normal car to any mech to tune,
the ony place to tune the car is their service centre in malaysia and ony few in malaysia
and because of the high tech engine it also harder to tune

we cant rate continental car here cos of our high import duty
what i heard from my fren that the car in south africa e.g. gtr34 after converting to RM its ony RM100k below

the goverment imposed high import tax cos the cost of making 1 unit of proton car is = selling price of other asian make car b4 tax
proton will go bankrub if they dont impose this tax

Last edited:

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yeah, those taxes are the cause of the high prices of imported cars, and they are much more cheaper if there's no Proton or Perodua. However, if there's no national cars, there won't be much growth on economy, and for national car manucfacturers to grow, taxes are needed.

So over-rated cars can't be judged precisely I would say.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
HanJackaL said:

er bad comparison , modified vs exotic/supercar ?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
aiya... suka la.. pple got money buy wat car dia suka laa... over-rated ka.. under-wear ka.. i mean underrated... eeheheheh... i've seen uncles spend 40k on a beat up benz bcoz it used to belong to them when they were young..so buying it for 'memory' pasal...

ferrari? status mah... i mean, u get a souped up gtr or skyline or fto.. nsx.. park next to a ferrari... u see d chickadees layan siapa...

ae86's a great car... frankly.. it is... back then before the movie came out. it's worth 11-15k.. now? for dat price.. maybe a modded ke70 la ... it's a car that withstood time... so give it some credit la.. though i've seen it kena cucuk like hell by an iswara on federal highway before... but credit has to go where credit belong.. hachi's a good car..

skyline's like... a cult... pple own skyline bcoz of its heritage... and status.. so.. like dat lo... EVO oso wat.. u notice EVO and Civic (for some reason).. has cun chicks inside d car wan.. and RX7 owners all tinggi - kurus macam batang... supra owners all fat like fuck macam michellin logo.. sigh...

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
SUBARU overated? As long as its handles much more better than an overated EVO. I dont think so its quite common at the moment. Its all about enthusiasm, knowledge skills and most important is the driver.

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
People will always argue on what cars are over-rated...for me ALL HYBRID cars are OVERRATED

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
funny why would anyone put 'overrated' as price? it's their fame... the perception whereby that is a good car.....

I would still say the AE86 is overrated. and of course, BMWs where everyone thought buying BMW means buying a fast car. oh, not to say those wannabes that go "My Gen2 can go 230km/h..... " ---- 230km/h on your speedo doesn't mean your're doing 230km/h ler.........

Kyogezsho

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
hahaha to me ferrari is just like GUCCI , LV, ROLEX
even my G- SHock better and more function than ROlex .. but rolex still worth more and prestigious

u holding a bodyglove bag and ppl holding gucci and LV bags ...
both also bag
same function .. maybe design different abit .. but same use .. and will have hold after long usage .. but still
GUCCI and LV is more prestigious

coz this world follow someting call BRANDING :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi folks,
I have an old HU and want to use it in my car. Can anyone guide me how to connect the cables together? :burnout:

Cables from car (DSC00093)
Front panel of HU (DSC00094)
Cables from HU (DSC00095)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience