Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan - Zerotohundred.com
Zerotohundred.com
Home Features News Forums The Marketplace Showcase Videos TIMETOATTACK! Store!
Go Back   Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Talk


Reply
 
LinkBack Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 225
Likes: 111
Liked: 21 / 10 Posts
Default Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

Hi All,

I have googled this color code from Top Secret Japan/USA. They mentioned this is specially customized mixed from them.

May I know do you guys know is there any color code for this gold color?
or any other brand have the closest gold color which similar to this?

Need advice from ZTH Sifu's

Thanks in advance =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6866 (1).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	507174  
BeCool is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
fazidk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,000
Likes: 139
Liked: 340 / 207 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeCool View Post
Hi All,

I have googled this color code from Top Secret Japan/USA. They mentioned this is specially customized mixed from them.

May I know do you guys know is there any color code for this gold color?
or any other brand have the closest gold color which similar to this?

Need advice from ZTH Sifu's

Thanks in advance =)

Bro BC...this color is a special mix exclusively for Top Secret therefore u x get a code in a color catalogue/chart...unfortunately u either need to get a physical sample or custom mix to d nearest color until satisfied...
fazidk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 2 Users Liked fazidk For This Useful Post:
BeCool (12-17-2013), Supra_Fanatics (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Supra_Fanatics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 18,543
Likes: 12,819
Liked: 3,811 / 2,512 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

I consulted Fazidk before for this paint color too
Due to afraid of the colour that may turn out to be different that expected, I scrap the idea of it.

Also this professional painter told me that if happen to be any damage to your car paint, is not gonna be easy to touch up the same mix of that gold. Might turn out different.

Their Top Secret GOLD, is actually Top Secret
__________________
The Only Person You Should Try To Be Better Than,
Is The Person You Were Yesterday...


Supra_Fanatics is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Likes Supra_Fanatics For This Useful Post:
BeCool (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 225
Likes: 111
Liked: 21 / 10 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

omg....u r right, i didnt think of how if i wanna do the touch up too..
Thanks for reminding me, lolzzz
Then I shall scrap this idea too, due to too expensive

Thanks for your golden advice bro's...
BeCool is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Supra_Fanatics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 18,543
Likes: 12,819
Liked: 3,811 / 2,512 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeCool View Post
omg....u r right, i didnt think of how if i wanna do the touch up too..
Thanks for reminding me, lolzzz
Then I shall scrap this idea too, due to too expensive

Thanks for your golden advice bro's...
No problem bro, just sharing. End up, choosing a Factory colour with paint code which is easier for the paint shop/fazidk to find.

At least the color will turn out exactly the one I wanted. Example, I want Subaru WRX STi Blue.
Then search for the Paint Code. Showing them pictures alone is hard for the paint shop pros to
actually paint it exactly.

So, got them the Paint Code and then they will be able to quote you the paint price accordingly. Pearl or Crystal Paint effect will cost more though.
__________________
The Only Person You Should Try To Be Better Than,
Is The Person You Were Yesterday...


Supra_Fanatics is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Likes Supra_Fanatics For This Useful Post:
BeCool (12-19-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Over 10,000bhp!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 15,239
Likes: 1,229
Liked: 5,506 / 4,008 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Fanatics View Post
No problem bro, just sharing. End up, choosing a Factory colour with paint code which is easier for the paint shop/fazidk to find.

At least the color will turn out exactly the one I wanted. Example, I want Subaru WRX STi Blue.
Then search for the Paint Code. Showing them pictures alone is hard for the paint shop pros to
actually paint it exactly.

So, got them the Paint Code and then they will be able to quote you the paint price accordingly. Pearl or Crystal Paint effect will cost more though.
Factory color code is the closest, but also not 100% same unless you get same batch from the one sprayed on your car.
If need special color mix make sure painter gives you a can to keep in case of touch up repairs...
vr2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Likes vr2turbo For This Useful Post:
Supra_Fanatics (12-20-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
fazidk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,000
Likes: 139
Liked: 340 / 207 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

If its factory color then it x cause much problems when d time comes to touch up or wateva...even so I prefer to mix extra just in case eg. If a car needs 3litres normally I'll mix 4 or 5 depending on d color...for custom mix color even more...but it tends to b costly but safe in case need to respray/touch up...x all customers willing to pay d extra so if need be then bring d whole car instead of d usual petrol cap mixing...TAKE NOTE THAT EVEN BY DOING THIS COLOR X BE 100% MATCH...

Last edited by fazidk; 12-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.
fazidk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Likes fazidk For This Useful Post:
Supra_Fanatics (12-20-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Supra_Fanatics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 18,543
Likes: 12,819
Liked: 3,811 / 2,512 Posts
Default Re: Gold Color code from Top Secret Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2turbo View Post
Factory color code is the closest, but also not 100% same unless you get same batch from the one sprayed on your car.
If need special color mix make sure painter gives you a can to keep in case of touch up repairs...
Ya, for touch ups, or repaint, when car aged, paint fades also will see the difference. Just like my Saga BLM, the doors there can see slight difference if really see properly. But acceptable. Like as though is a shade of the paint under sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazidk View Post
If its factory color then it x cause much problems when d time comes to touch up or wateva...even so I prefer to mix extra just in case eg. If a car needs 3litres normally I'll mix 4 or 5 depending on d color...for custom mix color even more...but it tends to b costly but safe in case need to respray/touch up...x all customers willing to pay d extra so if need be then bring d whole car instead of d usual petrol cap mixing...TAKE NOTE THAT EVEN BY DOING THIS COLOR X BE 100% MATCH...
That's why I ask you for factory color instead. Don't want to risk it
__________________
The Only Person You Should Try To Be Better Than,
Is The Person You Were Yesterday...


Supra_Fanatics is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

  Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Talk

Previous: Previous Thread | Next Thread :Next
Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



Latest Posts
OMP Aero Dynamic Silicon Wiper OFFER!
Last Post Today 01:18 PM
  Toyota Wish
Last Post Today 11:18 AM




2000 - 2014 Zerotohundred.com - The Automotive Lifestyle Network | Tags | Terms of Use | Visitor Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Top