Beware of speework!!! - Zerotohundred.com
Zerotohundred.com
Home Features News Forums The Marketplace Showcase Videos TIMETOATTACK! Store!
Go Back   Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Talk


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Beware of speework!!!



recently my hotbit spring broken into 2 pc..n send for warranty..in my life never heard of spring broken unless u accident..and i suspect the spring actually made by them next to speedwork shop instead in GERMANY..then the Manager simply replace for me the spring with diff height and kgm.the manager said is same and since in using ajdustable it can be adjust to same height..wat the hell they all telling me this bull-shit story..u all can see the pic i post..pls b aware..pls spread this news...i don wan you all to b con.now im damn piss of with them... im uploading the pic for u all to judge...



snopp is offline  
The Following User Likes snopp For This Useful Post:
sfotsy (01-30-2011)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
1000bhp Senior
 
pangyau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,023
Likes: 984
Liked: 263 / 156 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to pangyau
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Hello snopp,

Thanks for the info. crazy moment now...
Maybe could share the shop name, so we could aware in future...

Put customer life at risk... maybe your HOTBITS are the fake unit?
Please share your detail with us...

Last edited by pangyau; 04-12-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo error
pangyau is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangyau View Post
Hello snopp,

Thanks for the info. crazy moment now...
Maybe could share the shop name, so we could aware in future...

Put customer life at risk... maybe your HOTBITS are the fake unit?
Please share your detail with us...
the shop name is SPEEDWORK..they claim their spring from GERMANY..if my hotbits are fake then since they sell hotbit mean fake unit?? the MANAGER Told me is the same kgm even diff height...that mean every car can have diff height of spring?? this is call suspension specialist?
snopp is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Orang Tua
 
papagoines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ampang/Selangor
Posts: 1,991
Likes: 570
Liked: 334 / 223 Posts
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

speedwork? as in the speedworks? with locations here Contact with us - SPEEDWORKS?

AFAIK, hotbits came from australia and not germany, and speedworks licensed the production here in malaysia... if speedworks PJ that you refer, it's true that they manufacture their own springs... the factory is beside the shop maa...

hearing genuine hotbits spring broke is nigh impossible

Last edited by papagoines; 04-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.
papagoines is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papagoines View Post
speedwork? as in the speedworks? with locations here Contact with us - SPEEDWORKS?

AFAIK, hotbits came from australia and not germany, and speedworks licensed the production here in malaysia... if speedworks PJ that you refer, it's true that they manufacture their own springs... the factory is beside the shop maa...

hearing genuine hotbits spring broke is nigh impossible
that fact is broken and it claim the spring are made in GERMANY with 10yr warranty...u can refer the pic i posted..i not making any false report or do something bad to accuse unless the thing are real and im facing it now..hope u understand my situation bro...

i got the old batch of spring it print made in GERMANY but new batch all no printing on the spring.
snopp is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Orang Tua
 
papagoines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ampang/Selangor
Posts: 1,991
Likes: 570
Liked: 334 / 223 Posts
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopp View Post
that fact is broken and it claim the spring are made in GERMANY with 10yr warranty...u can refer the pic i posted..i not making any false report or do something bad to accuse unless the thing are real and im facing it now..hope u understand my situation bro...

i got the old batch of spring it print made in GERMANY but new batch all no printing on the spring.
i'm not saying that you are wrong, just want to confirm izzit the real speedworks shop that you refer? because I'm afraid there's a lot of fake product around

need to confirm, are these below speedworks (with an 's') the place you bought the springs?


SPEEDWORKS (M) SDN BHD
Lot 2, Lorong 51A/227B
Section 51A
46100 Petaling Jaya
Selangor, Malaysia


SPEEDWORKS PENANG
No. 301, Jalan Perak
10150 Georgetown
Penang, Malaysia

the reason that I'm skeptical (even though I'm not using hotbits springs) is that lots of my friends used hotbits springs manufactured at speedworks PJ for years and never broke... and for a fact that 2 of them involved in heavy frontal accident with total loss managed to sell off their springs because its still ok...

again, not saying you are wrong... just wanna clarify

Last edited by papagoines; 04-12-2010 at 01:59 PM.
papagoines is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papagoines View Post
i'm not saying that you are wrong, just want to confirm izzit the real speedworks shop that you refer? because I'm afraid there's a lot of fake product around

need to confirm, are these below speedworks (with an 's') the place you bought the springs?


SPEEDWORKS (M) SDN BHD
Lot 2, Lorong 51A/227B
Section 51A
46100 Petaling Jaya
Selangor, Malaysia


SPEEDWORKS PENANG
No. 301, Jalan Perak
10150 Georgetown
Penang, Malaysia

the reason that I'm skeptical (even though I'm not using hotbits springs) is that lots of my friends used hotbits springs manufactured at speedworks PJ for years and never broke... and for a fact that 2 of them involved in heavy frontal accident with total loss managed to sell off their springs because its still ok...

again, not saying you are wrong... just wanna clarify
yes this is the shop that i mention bro..the manager (EUGENE) told me can use diff spring on our car as we can adjust the spring to make it balance
snopp is offline  
The Following User Disliked snopp For This Un-useful Post:
Pua Kin Sam (05-26-2011)
Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
Moderator
 
DanzEterna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PJ
Posts: 14,702
Likes: 1,833
Liked: 3,034 / 1,840 Posts
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

or maybe u were unlucky to get the defective unit,
u should tell them to claim for the whole suspension set not just replace
the springs....summore still under warranty ma.
DanzEterna is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Orang Tua
 
papagoines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ampang/Selangor
Posts: 1,991
Likes: 570
Liked: 334 / 223 Posts
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopp View Post
yes this is the shop that i mention bro..the manager (EUGENE) told me can use diff spring on our car as we can adjust the spring to make it balance
i see... i knew eugene... twice met him when purchasing K&N filter for my old engine and newly swapped ones...

thought he's good..
papagoines is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzEterna View Post
or maybe u were unlucky to get the defective unit,
u should tell them to claim for the whole suspension set not just replace
the springs....summore still under warranty ma.
yes mayb im bad luck to get the defective unit..as a professional manufacturer they should replace 1 with same spec as the old spring and not simply take n said this can b use as same...the spring they replace for me shorter then my previous spring..im so nice to ask if i buy another spring to match the shorter pc he say RM200 per spring i was WTF man...this is call professional??
snopp is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
Orang Tua
 
papagoines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ampang/Selangor
Posts: 1,991
Likes: 570
Liked: 334 / 223 Posts
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopp View Post
yes this is the shop that i mention bro..the manager (EUGENE) told me can use diff spring on our car as we can adjust the spring to make it balance
i see... i knew eugene... twice met him when purchasing K&N filter for my old engine and newly swapped ones...

thought he's good..
papagoines is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

yes he is good in bullshitting bro..u go and ask anybody if the spring 1 short and 1 tall will it b the same??
snopp is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
1000bhp Senior
 
pangyau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,023
Likes: 984
Liked: 263 / 156 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to pangyau
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Normally, during warranty period.
Seller should provide 1 to 1 ex-change to customer.
Result, customer will get what they paid for.
pangyau is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pj
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Liked: 2 / 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to snopp
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

yes 1 to 1, but not the same spec...
snopp is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
5bhp Stock
 
LeeHK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Spore
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Liked: 4 / 4 Posts
Default Re: Beware of speework!!!

Like that also can !

Must be cooling process not done properly !

I will not touch K&N filters too ... its not meant for daily use in our traffic... K&N for track ok.

So much dust it sucks in.... screws up your airmass sensors . Cost me 800 bucks to change.

Last edited by LeeHK; 04-12-2010 at 05:16 PM.
LeeHK is offline  
The Following User Likes LeeHK For This Useful Post:
Persona_77 (04-13-2014)
Closed Thread

  Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Talk

Previous: Previous Thread | Next Thread :Next
Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



Latest Posts
wira 4g15 O2 sensor
Last Post Today 07:23 AM
  (WTS) Complete Sound System
Last Post Today 03:21 AM
  BMW R1200GS Adventure
Last Post Today 02:11 AM
  [WTS] Proton Wira Rear Windscreen
Last Post Today 12:53 AM




2000 - 2014 Zerotohundred.com - The Automotive Lifestyle Network | Tags | Terms of Use | Visitor Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Top