ZTH Kepong Area's TT

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, I think the vibration could be the engine oil...not 100% sure just some theory I have la....just want to ask what grade of engine oil you using? and to what extend is the vibration of the engine..if can record a video of the engine vibration and upload to youtube and post it here remember to show the engine bay and your RPM.

My guess is that, your engine is still cold and you are using 15W-50 (normal engine oil used in Toyota SC if no special request to use 10 or 5. If you are on 15 the oil will be thick when it's cold so when you start the engine, the parts are still not well lubricated causing more friction then more vibration and noise. After the oil gets to working temperature. the internal parts are properly lubricated then the vibration will reduce so as the sound.

If you experienced no drop in performance of the car, hard jerking even at working temperature only at cold start...then there should be nothing of an issue.

ShaolinTiger

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.shaolintiger.com
Unlikely it would cause vibration using thicker oil, just will cause response to be sluggish before the engine is fully warmed up.

Engine is still properly lubricated even when cold, just the viscosity is high still so it effects response. Unless the oil already worn out.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
TitanRev:
Bro, my car all the while using 10W40 from Toyota. The car only vibrates when cold start when the car is not moving.

Example, just start the car and then can feel the vibration adi...the car vibration is like moving forward and backwards in repetition. Once change to D drive and slowly let go the brakes, can feel the vibration even more adi...Sounds weird too...like engine is breathing :banghead:

This is the 1st time I experience such thing happening to my car...no such issue before for 5 years+

So, what I was told by the mech is that it could be engine mounting if put gear D also vibrates or could be spark plugs problem.

So, they are gonna do some troubleshooting and find out what's the problem. For now, will change the spark plugs 1st. Ordered adi and gave deposit for it cuz need to order. Denso Iridium that cost RM50 per piece.

It had adi been like that 3 days before I 1st told you at Sepang that my car seems to have some problems.
I 1st noticed was the engine at 1st sounded weird...not smooth sound...like the engine breathing kind of sound....

Yes, I did feel my car performance seems to had been poor slightly...the engine like not much power as before...I thought was my imaginations but now that u have mentioned, I did feel that performance had decreased...

ST:
So bro, do you suggest that I try to change the engine oil 1st? The car had just been serviced by them last month and I guess they will change the engine oil?

Really worried that it is a major problem la...cost me a bomb then really cialat liao...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
ok..i think i know whats the problem d..ur car got auto choke wan or not?as i know all those cars now adays got auto choke..my wira is having this problem for years..when u cold start in the morning the car will auto die off wan..

try asking ur mechanic weather is the auto choke problem or not..after the engine heat up than its running like normal. for my wira is carbie engine..so the autoo choke got problem..ask mechanic how much to change..need few hundred..than my dad say no need change since it bring no harm to the car..start engine let it warm up than onli jalan..

normally when u start got difficulties or not? or when u start the RPM will be very low..now adays car like each time u start the RPM will go up till 1.8k to 2k rpm..

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

drive car is like this wan la bro..problem come and go..sometimes is luck..hard to say..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Khoo198:
Bro, Sell off your car adi then can get to own this Monster RX-7 FD3S adi...with 1JetZ :biggrin:

SE86:
Engine won't die off bro, didn't choke just like us breathing heavily kinda engine sound breathing instead...Start time no difficulties but for some reason the Battery was replaced last 2 weeks by AAM.

For new battery as experienced before, when u start car, straight away engine will start without normal start engine delay baru start. If u get what i mean is like turn the key straight engine start. This time round no such start adi...is back to normal starting type of delay. So, I too suspect and hope is Spark Plugs problems...

I would say tis car is a very unlucky car la...lots of time kena bang few times adi then banyak parts rosak...maybe driving style gua..

RPM I didn't noticed but will try to see.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
either you give up on the car or wait the car give up on you, you decide.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mmm...sei tak give up on car la...got attached to this car adi...

if heart fail, just do heart transplant with 2ZZ. :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Khoo198:
Bro, Sell off your car adi then can get to own this Monster RX-7 FD3S adi...with 1JetZ :biggrin:

SE86:
Engine won't die off bro, didn't choke just like us breathing heavily kinda engine sound breathing instead...
Izit some thieves or sex maniac come to your house and rape your car's exhaust pipe then the next morning your car (assume it's a she) when start time very hard to breath because at night time already got shaken too rough....usually breathing heavily only happens when you did some very aggressive 'activities'.....:biggrin:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
owner shaking engine also start shaking...getting serious & frequent after meeting FY?:burnout:

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
erm...the more u sayang the thing the more problem it will give you *touch wood*..example my laptop..all ppl told me y i so stupid buy ACER brand..they say alot of problem wan. i told them its not the brand..its how u use..my laptop i sometimes levae it ON for 2 days without swithing it off..and until today its serving me well..but i see those ppl that jaga jaga use thier laptop..buy this cooler la..that cooler la..also got problem..so sometimes cannot to jaga that fella wan..he cannot speak so he give u problem...if he can speak he will say u not pleasuring him enough..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SE, pleasuring HIM???? my god, didn't know you swing that way... =.=' Bwahahahaha

I also has an ACER laptop but like what you ask me last time ACER always overheat but mine also fine...

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
aiyo TR taikor..juz example onli..i juz checked ..its a HER actually..haha..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Like that could also be Alternator problem.
ST, thank god....your post just reminded me of this.....

SF, had once broke down at KLIA and his battery was dead but he said the battery was still new...then told him to check on his alternator but didn't hear from him since..

SF, did you check the alternator after I told you after the incident you had at KLIA??? :hmmmm: