Zerotohundred.com Goes to Japan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

'(00) Goes to Japan
Report and Photos: Supremus

A mix of the traditional and the contemporary. Kimono-clad geisha and a suit-clad salary man, traditional temple and a futuristic shopping mall, all within the same parameter are not an unusual sight.

The Land Of The Rising Sun is full of surprises. Never stale constantly changing. Since my last visit in 2002, Japan has evolved so much. From fashion to technology to whatever you can possibly imagine. The Japs will look at you silly if you aren’t walking the streets with the latest IPOD or sporting the freshest pair of kicks.

The only country where schoolgirls wear their skirts so short, it is a crime not to LOOK. A country where a bowl of noodle cost RM 35.00 but a Skyline GTR-32 cost only RM 7500.00 (YES! Only Ringgit Malaysia Seven Thousand Five Hundred biaattccchh!), it is a crime not to BUY!

For the all above reasons (and also to visit my other half that resides there), I armed myself with a Sony Cybershot, some cash and a cap, I took a flight to Osaka…

Arrival:

After 8 hours of dreaming and drooling at the sexy cabin crew that attended to me, the plane finally touches down at Kansai Airport.

My Official Osaka Ride
The moment I stepped out of the airport I could hear the tires screeching miles away. I wasn’t surprised it was my insane partner in crime came greeting with his slippery Drift Machine: the “ '(00) MagicFruits S14 Silvia” that refuses to go in straight. This sexy '(00) ride took me places in style and not to mention with a little trouble along the way…

The Police
Drifting is cool, however never on public roads. Sliding all the way from Kansai Airport to Osaka got us poorer.

Early Cruise on the streets of Osaka

Osaka is home to a lot of world-renowned tuners. Signal, Auto Select, etc. Due to time constrain, I was unable to visit any of the above-mentioned tuners. As a matter of fact, they are all located in the remote areas of Osaka. A convenient secret hideout to conduct their R&D I must say. However as you can see in the following pictures, we went cruising and spotted a few pimped ride along the way…

AARRGGHH!!

Crazy Gundam Vans

Autobacs

A paradise for any car enthusiast, Autobacs must not be missed. This joint has the coolest and the latest products all under one roof. You name it they have it. From Option DVDs, Nakamichi ICEs, Rays Wheels, HKS Titanium Mufflers to Carbon Fiber Body Kits. All you need is the right amount of cash, chuck whatever you desire into the trolley, pay and have it installed the very moment, then drive home making everyone on the streets hates you.

Auction

Imagine cars parked side-by-side, bumper-to-bumper in an open space the size of three soccer fields. This place is massive. Cars by the thousands are auctioned off each day. This is not your average daddy’s car, I’m talking about Mini Cooper S, Skylines, Mercedes, NSX, Altezza, Wish, Caldina, Evos, DC5, and heaps more if I were to go on. And further more, they cost peanuts compare to Malaysia.

I was introduced to agent Wata San whom drove me to the auction house, located by the bay area of Osaka. The moment I arrived I was given a set of documents, a list showcasing all the necessary information of vehicles that will be auctioned off including the base price.

I ran down the list and look no further when I saw the Skylines, I marked them and without wasting any more time we headed to see the actual cars. A bus has to ferry us to the other end where these cars are parked. Keys were given to start the engine however test-driving is now allowed. Imagine having to drive out about 50 cars in order to take one out, so is really impossible. People of all races and ethnic groups are seen walking around inspecting cars and some looking lost.

Now after having decided what I wanted. We took the bus back to the Auction Hall. We waited and when the Skylines were next, we were all set and ready. Wata San insert his ID card into the Auction Terminal and without further ado we started our bidding frenzy.

Mind you this is not the old school raise your hands auction and hammer to close the deal type. This is Japan! Computers aid the whole process. The Hall has a capacity of 80 computer terminals. Photos of cars are display on huge flat screen plasmas together with a sweet introduction the cars and its respective base price. After that done, the rest you will hear is Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep till the deal is closed.

Many went home happy, but some less fortunate.

What better way to end the night...

The last day

My last day was spent in Dotombori, Osaka’s liveliest nightlife entertainment district. Toward evening, colorful neon lights begin illuminating the streets further enhancing the gala atmosphere. Here you will find giant mechanical crabs, rowdy crowds, jiggy restaurants, cafes and karaoke clubs.

Dotombori has the best restaurants. If you love food and clubbing then this is the place to be. One must not leave Osaka without having tried takoyaki or you will have missed out on one of Japan’s biggest culinary treats. These salty octopus balls are a real YUM! I wouldn’t mind waiting in line again for 30 minutes for a dozen. Which I did.

The cool thing about some of the karaoke clubs here is: we paid a flat rate and enjoyed unlimited drinks and a room from 11pm till 5am the next day. Just nice for us to catch the morning train home.

Still in a state of semiconscious, I knew I had a plane to catch. Even more so, I had something else to worry about, a way to hide Tom’s souvenir ‘Used School Girl Panty ” which he has reminded me countless of time to get it for him.

Once again my insane partner in crime came sliding me back to the Airport with his Drift Machine...

‘(00)

Supremus

PS: I hope you have enjoyed the pictures as much as I have enjoyed snapping them for you.

Can't leave without precious memorabilia...  At lease I can tell my friends that I bought a few Skylines home.

afiqmeister

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
wow...........i also want to live in japan.........got so many cool cars.........evo....rex....skyline.....all bersepar like you see proton in malaysia !!!!! :smile:

alfian96

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Osakaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wah lau..... that was CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYY man... SKYLINE GTR-32 for RM 7500..... wooooo

i wanna stay in JAPAN too la.. COOL car & COOL chick... :biggrin:

nice nice nice :rock:

Racing_Rhythm

Known Member
Oct 4, 2005
wow...nice!! nice !! nice !! nice pic !!!
The autobac .....dam* nice ..
I wish to go japan too ....There looks so fresh~~~
fresh car , fresh gal , fresh air .....
crap.....their standard too high .. i cant afford to stay there too long , I wish to go there about 2weeks , i m satisfied alredi... :biggrin:

tarrant8877

500 RPM
Sep 12, 2004
KL / IPOH
Visit site
Thanks Tom for the nice pic....

Anyway, all those car is their nasional car in japan... So it is very cheap and common in japan... Not suprise that u can it everywhere... I think a skyline there is just like a putra here only.... hehe...

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
hey how come no chicks??? hahaha... u should ask a bunch of zthian and see wanna go o not ma haha... if got big event like tokyo car show.. make it japan tt and we go together.. hehehe :)

GTR2579

500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
selayang-kepong
www.facebook.com
very nice pic, Tom

yup, Japan secondhand car dammn cheap lah....

if got RM10K cash can buy super cun car already.
here bolehland only can buy 2ndhand more than 9 years old kancil or Iswara..:mad:

For new car at Japan
Like Toyota Passo Racy (look like Myvvi) selling price 1,386,000 yen (here RM40K+)
Toyota Wish 1,992,900 yen (arround RM58k+). here bolehland only can buy gen2 or waja.. :thumpdown

if got time try go visit " up garage" _secondhand auto part....a lot stuffs also cheap.. :tee: hahaha

wanhero77

Sep 20, 2004
nice pic.... when la can i go...... my dream vacation

thank for sharing....

et5

Mar 3, 2005
Japan pics

Thks for sharing '(00)..interesting time..cant say I agree abt the octopus balls though..haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

CarbonFibre2DIY

:shades_smile: :shades_smile:

To those who would like to learn about DIY sticker's on any object...do make a quiry here. We have 4' x 5' CF adhesive foils for edge bending, good for shaping.
Interested to find out more, PM me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience