YRV Engine

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Morning all..so that means we cant rojak the YRV engine with Ori myvi manual gear box right...so if using Tiptronic auto gear if we always shift to manual mood izit will make the AT die off faster?2nd question is izit possible to fix the YRV dashboard in to myvi?
Using manual mode won't affect the gearbox but it will probably affect your fuel consumption. Depending on how you drive. YRV dashboard is possible. The gear lever is located near the steering there. Somewhere near the wiper switch.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Change front halfcut with the gear, dashboards and engine. Settle. Manual Gearbox have to go.

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
Guys, Just to share. I owned a Kelisa with K3-ve2 engine before and with manual transmission, it gave me the best experience of my life.
Check out the video that i posted sometime ago. For memories :):):)

k3-ve2 20-100km in 6 sec - YouTube

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
hi guys. i didn't have much experience with YRV but my old mechanic at meru transplant it ALOT.. i notice that YRV K3vet is only come in automatic. But K3vet from Boon X4 is manual but yet cost like hell and it is so rare to find. U can match a YRV with ur myvi manual GB. it wont break but makesure u used performance clutch kit and it will fly like rocket. U can even turbocharged ur myvi engine but u must makesure u do the calculation to withstand certain amount of boost. but if u only running low boost, i think stock internal can run well only makesure u tune it well and the air fuel ratio is not too lean or too much rich..

or u can also transplant blacktop engine or starlet turbo engine as other option... TQ :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Guys, Just to share. I owned a Kelisa with K3-ve2 engine before and with manual transmission, it gave me the best experience of my life.
Check out the video that i posted sometime ago. For memories :):):)
That's real fast but I hear some tyre screeching? Can't test from 0km/h cuz wheel spin? :biggrin:

But K3VE2 the parts are hard to source. K3VE or k3VET more common no?

Then I think by putting a 1.3 Myvi engine in a Kelisa is also powerful enough :top:
Not sure if they have the Mirage 1.2L half cut already or not :biggrin:

Might have better FC in Kelisa :smile:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

hi guys. i didn't have much experience with YRV but my old mechanic at meru transplant it ALOT.. i notice that YRV K3vet is only come in automatic. But K3vet from Boon X4 is manual but yet cost like hell and it is so rare to find. U can match a YRV with ur myvi manual GB. it wont break but makesure u used performance clutch kit and it will fly like rocket. U can even turbocharged ur myvi engine but u must makesure u do the calculation to withstand certain amount of boost. but if u only running low boost, i think stock internal can run well only makesure u tune it well and the air fuel ratio is not too lean or too much rich..

or u can also transplant blacktop engine or starlet turbo engine as other option... TQ :driver:
If can get BOON X4 half cut would be perfect. Since it comes with Manual, but not easy to find
like u said.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Too bad they din't made any manual transmission to pair with K3-VET. But there is something called Daihatsu Boon X4 which uses a turbocharged engine with manual transmission if I am not mistaken. Possible to get that halfcut over here?
k3-vet manual can be matched from 2nz gearbox (vios) :biggrin:

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
That's real fast but I hear some tyre screeching? Can't test from 0km/h cuz wheel spin? :biggrin:

Then I think by putting a 1.3 Myvi engine in a Kelisa is also powerful enough :top:

Might have better FC in Kelisa :smile:=
I took our the whole engine and checked everything before. The only difference is the piston and ecu. It is capable to rev up to 7.8k rpm. Normal myvi should be 6.8k rpm. In fact, i changed my gearbox with myvi before coz i smashed the gearbox at high rev:embarassed:

About my FC. it was awesomely good. I rev like @$%@$#% everyday also can get at least 400km for rm60. But the clutch always worn less than 10 months:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I took our the whole engine and checked everything before. The only difference is the piston and ecu. It is capable to rev up to 7.8k rpm. Normal myvi should be 6.8k rpm. In fact, i changed my gearbox with myvi before coz i smashed the gearbox at high rev:embarassed:

About my FC. it was awesomely good. I rev like @$%@$#% everyday also can get at least 400km for rm60. But the clutch always worn less than 10 months:banghead:
Any way to solve the clutch problem lke upgrading and etcs?

Not bad, my kelisa 411KM for RM55 but not really revving also :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
vios has a manual GB? :hmmmm:
Almost clicked on dislike :rofl:

Of course, Vios J Spec has Manual Version. But then u get the lowest spec if choose manual.
No TRD version and etcs.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
k3-vet manual can be matched from 2nz gearbox (vios) :biggrin:
Eh really? Good news then.

Might have better FC in Kelisa :smile:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

If can get BOON X4 half cut would be perfect. Since it comes with Manual, but not easy to find
like u said.
First time heard of K3-VE2. Can tell me the specs? I mean how different is it with the normal K3-VE?

By the way, the name BOON sounds so funny for a car. :rofl:

vios has a manual GB? :hmmmm:
Got. 2nd generation Vios have manual GB. Lowest spec Vios. Vios J.
What is ironic is, the cheapest low spec Vios J manual is actually faster than the most expensive so called TRD Vios with 4 speed auto.
Walao, TRD with 4 speed auto. :congrats:

Must show this picture already.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
AFAIK, there is a lot of K3VET owners with original Myvi GB, upgrading the clutch to those from Works/Triniti would be sufficient if you are not boosting really high, one of my mate uses OEM Exedy replacement clutch & it would slips if he boost above 0.7bar on stock K3VET engine...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Eh really? Good news then.

First time heard of K3-VE2. Can tell me the specs? I mean how different is it with the normal K3-VE?

By the way, the name BOON sounds so funny for a car. :rofl:

Got. 2nd generation Vios have manual GB. Lowest spec Vios. Vios J.
What is ironic is, the cheapest low spec Vios J manual is actually faster than the most expensive so called TRD Vios with 4 speed auto.
Walao, TRD with 4 speed auto. :congrats:

Must show this picture already.
Myvi is already using the normal K3-VE so K3VE2 is from another car but rare engine here.

K3-VE : 64kW(86hp)/6000 rpm, 116Nm/3200 rpm (Myvi)
K3-VE2 : 75kW(101hp)/7000 rpm, 120Nm/4400 rpm (Storia)

Source from here :biggrin:
K3VET, K3VE2 & 4E Talks (Conversion, question, pricing, etc)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
AFAIK, there is a lot of K3VET owners with original Myvi GB, upgrading the clutch to those from Works/Triniti would be sufficient if you are not boosting really high, one of my mate uses OEM Exedy replacement clutch & it would slips if he boost above 0.7bar on stock K3VET engine...
That means can't really do much with the K3-VET then. Must stick to the stock 130hp if want to play manual transmission.

Myvi is already using the normal K3-VE so K3VE2 is from another car but rare engine here.

K3-VE : 64kW(86hp)/6000 rpm, 116Nm/3200 rpm (Myvi)
K3-VE2 : 75kW(101hp)/7000 rpm, 120Nm/4400 rpm (Storia)

Source from here :biggrin:
K3VET, K3VE2 & 4E Talks (Conversion, question, pricing, etc)
101hp sounds like a more decent output for the engine. But torque is just slightly more only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , anybody know the exact color of te37/ssr type c white ? want to touch up the scratch myself ....but having problem to select the right paint. Any sifu here?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience