Yet another parts quiz!! Valvesprings pulak

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Although, unlike a real quiz where the one doing the asking knows the answer..

I don't know what VS set this is.. very strange setup compared to normal aftermarket ones.

Single and dual valve spring setup.

Based on the colours on the springs, what valvesprings are these?
Who makes them, and these are what kind of valvesprings?
One is gold/brown (the single V/S one)
One is green (The dual set one)

Forgot which is which, since this is something dug out of the storeroom.
I believe the dual is for the intake, with the single being the exhaust.

This came off a big valve head setup, and that's the only thing I remember.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Err.. nobody seen these before ah?

Speculate, tembak oso never mind, because I've already searched the major manufacturers, and all of them are dual spring setup for both intake and exhaust.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
since it came out frm the store room and you also dunno where it came from (hehehehehe), so im just guessing

(1) its a 1st gen b16a MANUAL dual valve spring for the intake and single for the exhaust

OR

(2) the goldish/yellowish could be an intake from the type-r with a missing 2nd springs

(3) as i recalled from the oldschool versions..jun came out with those dark green markings for the dual valve springs for honda

yay? nay?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I oso dunno.. some saying the old Vision Technica's one,
Some saying jun's one..

So I was hoping like maybe at least someone here knows the year or something, and I can dig up old parts catalogue and check.

I oso think it might be your first guess (1), but it's a big valve setup.. still, you might be right.. I'll check around.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the old jun catalogs are in black and white.

i did a double check last night on issue #45 dsports and indeed the jun springs has green markings. not bad for my oldschool recollection. haha

hope this helps.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
thanks.. what year is issue #45 Dsports?

Need a year as a start, or else too much stuff to compare with.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Wah.. so recent ah? Anyway, never bought D-sports mag, except for that one issue they were talking about fuelling systems.

Anyway.. don't dare to use ah those valves for now.. after that coil bind, wasted money on valves again.. :P

Should try checking an EF to see if same or not.

Thanks for the hint... I just needed a hit to narrow things down.

It was your OER hint that helped in a way to identify the ITB last time.

Checked through some catalogues, and poink! the Sergent ITB was beside an OER ITB.. LOL!

Last edited:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
hello shiroi

good to hear that you managed to indentify your parts. i didnt know sergent had their own ITBs. speaking of sergent, i saw SS Racing had a sergent custom surge tank intake for sale. typically like topfuel and m&m honda but not as big as jun. well that was before CNY.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hello shiroi

good to hear that you managed to indentify your parts. i didnt know sergent had their own ITBs. speaking of sergent, i saw SS Racing had a sergent custom surge tank intake for sale. typically like topfuel and m&m honda but not as big as jun. well that was before CNY.
Surge tank? Ah.. I think I remember that one.. oso before chinese new year.. strange shape.. And if I'm not wrong, one of the guys here in Kelantan bought it, I think.