[WTB]Looking for DC5 integra type r

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
basically rollcage purpose is to protect the driver from being crashed / thrown out from the car in the event of an accident. fundamentally when rollcage points were bolted on to the chassis, the rigidity level will increase when all the stress / body roll during cornering transferred to the bars. so yes, indeed it will improve the cornering capability of a car.

the burning question that has been left unanswered for a long time is "is it legal to bolt on rollcage on our daily driven, street car?". If yes, which regulation shall be followed and what specification is approved by the authorities. If no, why cars with OEM-fitted rollcage are allowed to be driven on the road?

just my 2 cents...

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
basically rollcage purpose is to protect the driver from being crashed / thrown out from the car in the event of an accident. fundamentally when rollcage points were bolted on to the chassis, the rigidity level will increase when all the stress / body roll during cornering transferred to the bars. so yes, indeed it will improve the cornering capability of a car.

the burning question that has been left unanswered for a long time is "is it legal to bolt on rollcage on our daily driven, street car?". If yes, which regulation shall be followed and what specification is approved by the authorities. If no, why cars with OEM-fitted rollcage are allowed to be driven on the road?

just my 2 cents...
Agree with you bro that rollcages will increase chassis rigidity thus improving handling.

On ur 2nd point, the problem is determining how well and how safely a rollcage is installed on a car, including the type of material used. Factory installed ones (like in the GT3, or i think the Megane RS have a version with a factory rollcage) would have obtained the relevant required certifications from the relevant authorities for safety, etc... hence they get the green light... But imagine the Abang shop or Wei Yip selling cheap rollcages... they'd probaly do more harm/damage in the event of an accident...

Whether or not there is any way of getting the car certified with the authorities to run a rollcage, remains unknown...

Last edited:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
How about Rally Cars where regulation says that the cars must be JPJ registered/have road tax/plate number but have roll cage? It's really confusing with our JPJ. Let say if a person wants to drive his rally car for rally from home, suddenly there's a JPJ roadblock on the way I think he must kena saman because of the roll cage...I asked my friend yesterday who prepares rally cars about this issue he said if road car use fullcage just tutup sebelah mata and hope the JPJ don't see your car.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Anyway he has lubang for 1 or 2 used Mugen bolt-on rollcage for our DC5...anybody interested? He's checking the price and availability from the track cars owner. I don't have the picture bcoz the cage not at his workshop.

yaw90

Known Member
Jul 7, 2009
mine was came with the car when i bought the car. and it balut edi. but can see the cage is blue in colour.. cusco maybe.. i don't really know also.. ~ >.<

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
How about Rally Cars where regulation says that the cars must be JPJ registered/have road tax/plate number but have roll cage? It's really confusing with our JPJ. Let say if a person wants to drive his rally car for rally from home, suddenly there's a JPJ roadblock on the way I think he must kena saman because of the roll cage...I asked my friend yesterday who prepares rally cars about this issue he said if road car use fullcage just tutup sebelah mata and hope the JPJ don't see your car.
True... but i think rally cars are exceptional. Firstly, they have to be road legal as rallying rules requires them to move from one stage to another on their own without being towed or on a carrier. So thats why they are required to have road tax and plate number. Secondly, on the rollcage issue, they are required to undergo strict inspection by the organisers of the rally event, who have to abide by FIA rules. This will include among others examining whether the rollcage is installed up to spec or not... so, their cages in a way are certified safe...

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Anyway he has lubang for 1 or 2 used Mugen bolt-on rollcage for our DC5...anybody interested? He's checking the price and availability from the track cars owner. I don't have the picture bcoz the cage not at his workshop.
Boss..

How much would the Mugen rollcage cost? As far as i'm concerned nothing is cheap from Mugen. How many points and is front cage exits the dashboard or you have to drill holes to make way for it? With this thing on your car sub 2:40 in SIC is achievable. no need hondata. Hahaha....

Last edited:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Hahaha...me 2:40 with the rollcage...cannotlah still need hondata coz my air/fuel rich after decat...my exhaust tip hitam. The design of the front cage is similar to the integra cup few years back...they all using the Mugen bolt-on rollcage. Need to check on the design and will update you.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
the downside of installing rollcage to your street car is that you have to cut/remove rear panels, carpet and drill holes here and there to make way for the 'cage.. unless you're hardore enough, those shouldnt be an issue ..

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Yup...you're right. About the design hopefully don't have to cut the dashboard and hopefully some of the parts can be removed to make it half cage. Must drill the floor though.
But Mugen roll cage is rare if not install at car can keep it in the store maybe usefull in the future who knows...or maybe just keep until someone wants to trade with hondata...hehehe.

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Yup...you're right. About the design hopefully don't have to cut the dashboard and hopefully some of the parts can be removed to make it half cage. Must drill the floor though.
But Mugen roll cage is rare if not install at car can keep it in the store maybe usefull in the future who knows...or maybe just keep until someone wants to trade with hondata...hehehe.

About the Mugen Rollcage design, i dont think we need to cut the dashboard to install. There was one time i bumped into a Thai-Mugen Spec DC5 on the net fitted with rollcage. I will try googling and post up the pics.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
About the Mugen Rollcage design, i dont think we need to cut the dashboard to install. There was one time i bumped into a Thai-Mugen Spec DC5 on the net fitted with rollcage. I will try googling and post up the pics.
that's like the stage 2 mugen spec DC5. very handsome.

jaymie

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
2:40 can be achieved without hondata and without the rollcage. Change the gear ratio and final drive, aftermarket ecu such as mugen etc, good suspension plus good suspension setup, adequate camber degree, better tyres. I think la.... what do u guys think...never tried my dc5 on track..so..its just an instinct... what say u guys?

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
2:40 can be achieved without hondata and without the rollcage. Change the gear ratio and final drive, aftermarket ecu such as mugen etc, good suspension plus good suspension setup, adequate camber degree, better tyres. I think la.... what do u guys think...never tried my dc5 on track..so..its just an instinct... what say u guys?
Titanium balls not to forget!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The curtains may have closed on the 2010 Formula One season but more importantly, it also marked the end of Bridgestone’s participation in the top tier of motorsports as a tyre supplier, paving the way for Pirelli to take over the reigns of rubber maker for 2011.

Even after the champagne has dried up, the teams never actually left the Yas...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience