WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
If the detariff follows the UK style of insurance, we're all doomed to hell. Not only do we have one of Asias most expensive cars, we will also have Asias most expensive insurance policies.

In UK if I recall specific group of cars are categorized under different insurance groups and then the age of the driver further contributes to the insurance tariff. The younger you are the more expensive it is.

Anyway MitEvo7 : If you're looking for a VIII - here's one :

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=460514

This car was the one I based my assumptions on. 90k for a super stock 8 with bodykit .
It is super stock 8 ! Wow ! The dash meters light up like christmas tree. Will try to contact this seller and arrange for test drive. Thank you so much :adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Spot on. Who knows what would happen after i test drive. May be the driving feel is not what i wanted even though i always imagining driving it ? Just like getting into a relationship with your high school crush, you wouldn't know until you had it with her.
When I first got my VR transplanted, just fell in love with it. Now 16 Years later and still loving it. Friend ask why not change car, but car already paid for and nothing wrong just old....hahaha

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
When I first got my VR transplanted, just fell in love with it. Now 16 Years later and still loving it. Friend ask why not change car, but car already paid for and nothing wrong just old....hahaha
Me too....fell in love with my ride, car all paid and old but something wrong.....IT'S AT THE BLOODY WORKSHOP AS WE SPEAK RIGHT NOW!!! :thefinger::banghead:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah same goes to my Lancer, paid off, nothing's wrong with it, just lack of power. It fact i am actually thinking of doing RA transplant if i failed to own an EVO. My current car has hilo soft hard adjustable and front 4 pot brakes. Good enough for some hoons but just the acceleration is getting me bored.

Me too....fell in love with my ride, car all paid and old but something wrong.....IT'S AT THE BLOODY WORKSHOP AS WE SPEAK RIGHT NOW!!! :thefinger::banghead:
What went wrong with you car ?

dieung

Sep 16, 2009
Sarawak
I finding an EVO 7GTA....last month found one....get the money rush there and see. Too bad, other people bought already.:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I first got my car 2nd day I sent for tinting. Then didn't stop tinkering with it until 10 years later and just fell in love with it.

Then forced to sell it cuz not enough downpayment money for a bigger car.

Sigh.

Incidentally, are GTA's abundant in KL ? Cuz an automatic Evo 7 sounds very intriguing. How does the auto box survive the engine power output?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
TS, what your GF say about Evo???

If I can remember correctly... last time, a bro in ZTH try to "con" his wifey to agree on buying an Evo, saying that the car actually a family car becoz is has 4 doors.....hahahaha...

later, the wifey Googled this Evo, and found out the truth....the wifey banned the purchasing...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If I can remember correctly... last time, a bro in ZTH try to "con" his wifey to agree on buying an Evo, saying that the car actually a family car becoz is has 4 doors.....hahahaha...

later, the wifey Googled this Evo, and found out the truth....the wifey banned the purchasing...
Evo is ungraded Lancer......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah same goes to my Lancer, paid off, nothing's wrong with it, just lack of power. It fact i am actually thinking of doing RA transplant if i failed to own an EVO. My current car has hilo soft hard adjustable and front 4 pot brakes. Good enough for some hoons but just the acceleration is getting me bored.
Can do transplant.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If the detariff follows the UK style of insurance, we're all doomed to hell. Not only do we have one of Asias most expensive cars, we will also have Asias most expensive insurance policies.

In UK if I recall specific group of cars are categorized under different insurance groups and then the age of the driver further contributes to the insurance tariff. The younger you are the more expensive it is.

Anyway MitEvo7 : If you're looking for a VIII - here's one :

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=460514

I'm hoping they'd consider me old uncle already so lower the premium!

This car was the one I based my assumptions on. 90k for a super stock 8 with bodykit .
I suspect that car is sold already, last time was asking about rm78k actually.

I wonder a Wiralution will be classified under which one....else me also mati :biggrin:
I'd think they would not bother to check so your car will still be considered a normal Wira and applied the same premium as normal wira.

I first got my car 2nd day I sent for tinting. Then didn't stop tinkering with it until 10 years later and just fell in love with it.

Sigh.

Incidentally, are GTA's abundant in KL ? Cuz an automatic Evo 7 sounds very intriguing. How does the auto box survive the engine power output?
There are a few 7 GTA now actually on sale, there's even a manual 8 but then converted to a 5 speed auto using the IX wagon auto gearbox along with the MIVEC IX engine also now.

Was that me?? :rofl: Almost same story but slight differences in the details leh. My wife found out coz me and my boys often race in Gran Turismo using the Evo! Then when we went to check out one, she noticed it and vetoed it once she heard the loud exhaust and found out the price vs age of the car! :banghead:

Last edited:

dieung

Sep 16, 2009
Sarawak
There are a few 7 GTA now actually on sale, there's even a manual 8 but then converted to a 5 speed auto using the IX wagon auto gearbox along with the MIVEC IX engine also now.

How much the cost if need to convert Evo VII or Evo VIII to auto gear box? What need to change? Meter, gearbox andanythings else?:adore:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Sigh.

On stock form the GTA version is detuned a little but I would say, the autobox does hold up well even with light mods. But in terms of higher HP range, I am unsure. The one I drove was mildly tuned.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Lol she loved evo vii. But she is skeptical of the practicalibilty of the ride , especially maintenance. Ahe advise i shud test drive alot and learn more about that car before deciding. Besides she said she cant stop me from owning it, its my car btw.