WRC coming to Malaysia 2008??

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
If noy remember wrongly, our rally history used to have bad record in the past. couple of years ago, there were some big mistake made in the Asia-pacific rally which fustrated FIA...i cant remembr what is about....i think just some organiser related fellow did some funky jokes which caused danger in the rally..

anyone still remember the incident?

Ralliace

Jan 3, 2006
JiMaN[KilleR] said:
second to this.. but.. indonesia host the WRC in late 90s.. the last time malaysia hosts the wrc was in the late 80s n early 90s.. until PERT's "groupe S" proton iswara were banned..it was said that the iswara was a "group B rally car".. hahahha
Sorry dude, Malaysia has never hosted the WRC before.... APRC it was!

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
yeap...if they were to include another asian round in the WRC..i think china can anytime organise it better then us (they had WRC before )....manpower,money,competitors, crowd...they have everything...yet...they lost the WRC rounds...

but now we have the APRC back here...thanks to everyone involved in the MRC for the past few years...especially the organizers..although there's not much competitors compared to some countries..but at least we're going somewhere..

cheers,
daniel

saintambrose

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
Subang,SA
if the goverment wan to host WRC i think they should help karamanjit singh to secure his P-WRC first. the goverment dun seem to be intrested in rally what we sees how karam was treated

stonebridges

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
www.oxiwave.com
yup i agree with saintambrose.. if m'sia do promote this WRC as well as F1, who knows one day we all have a chance to see those great rallying drivers smash down their driving + speeding skills all the way m'sia estate.. ;)

Ralliace

Jan 3, 2006
stonebridges said:
yup i agree with saintambrose.. if m'sia do promote this WRC as well as F1, who knows one day we all have a chance to see those great rallying drivers smash down their driving + speeding skills all the way m'sia estate.. ;)
Yep! The key word here is "IF", "WHO KNOWS" and "ONE DAY"! :)

ueo katsuhiro

Known Member
May 13, 2005
subang
hmmm

last time we bid for wrc but we lost to indons.......anyways australia wrc had to penetrate $3million aussies .....so for us we need double the amount to make it happen

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Yeah I hope they come to Malaysia cos it will give us open window to the world.
So Far Formula 1 & JapanGt is doing great for Malaysia as it brings in revenue and tourist. Now we need WRC to further promote Malaysia as motorsport paradise.
We already have the estates for the SS and I dont see why not. No need to build
big stadium and track. Just use the existing oil palm and rubber estate which we have plenty of. This is a good opportunity for Malaysia and if we let it slip then
we are at the losing end. I hope the govt see the big picture.:shades_smile:

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
minivan said:
hey, i hate politicians as much as you do.... but, looking in totality, i don't think its that far fetched. F1, Moto GP, Super GT, D1 and other international events are all reality now. Even dumb ass politicians know all this equates to big money coming into the country. So, stay positive....
if we still under Mahathir i guess it possible where Mahathir like to promote Malaysia into the world. but not now under Badawi.. i think WRC in Malaysia is imposible because there are still plenty of stage around the world for WRC.

hooligan74

Feb 21, 2006
Actually not to worry. The current administration with the drive towards an 'agricultured' society is actually promoting rallying. Just imagine, in a few years the whole country will be one big special stage. I have heeded the call and started growing vegetables on my front lawn. We can have a 0.00003km stage there after which we can drink milk primed from the goats and cows in my backyard. I see a great future for Malaysia and rallying in particular.

Rally [><]

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Peejay
www.myvi.com.my
links said:
If noy remember wrongly, our rally history used to have bad record in the past. couple of years ago, there were some big mistake made in the Asia-pacific rally which fustrated FIA...i cant remembr what is about....i think just some organiser related fellow did some funky jokes which caused danger in the rally..

anyone still remember the incident?
yeah, it was either 98 or 99. Our musang tempatan(AAM) had acollision with the rally car. The 4x4 car lost its way and was looking a way out of the stage. Everthing went wrong on that day.. It was an re-evaluation and we failed. We lost APRC due to safety aspects and also Petronas pulled out of the rally scene because of F1..

ROM (Rally Of Malaysia) wasnt the same since then..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey friend,how can i get ecsessory for my car because my place very dificult to get that thing?(langkawi) my car is wira 1.5 sedan. black colour.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience