worth to buy Celica 7th gen end of this yr?

vin.atheist

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey ppl.. im new here..
i joined purposely coz i need advises on should i buy this car or should consider some other?
coz ive been hearing alot of gearbox problem and ive been asking around to a fren of mine who drives a celica too.. he has been with tat car for 3yrs now, and he said he's changed the gearbox twice!
ive seen a few celicas on sale in mudah.. the price is reasonable..
but is it advisable to buy a celica at the end of the year, almost 2011.. hmm
i like sports car but i dont have much budget.. my budget lies around 80-90k..
the only sports car i see tats still in trend and good looking, is celica..
so is it worth it to buy or if i buy, will i face problems in future?
also, since its an older model, is it safe to buy? pls advise me.. thanks

vin.atheist

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha.. y do u say so?
coz he said he bought a new unit 3yrs back.. and he changed the gearbox 3 times already..
however, celica is popular wit its not so good gearbox yes? or its his fault in driving?
hmm.. coz im thinkin of gettin a Prelude 4th gen, EK 4door, or a Celica..
so im kinda confused..
the car which is the latest, and still in trend is celica.. but .. u noe.. hmm
honestly im not very good wit cars..
i can say im a noob with cars..
so yea.. haha..

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
is ur friend using an auto or manual? if manual one changing like that he must be driving like a maniac.....

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Perhaps some may confused with celica and mrs, mrs which uses smt (sequential manual tranmission) may encounter gearbox problem after some long time, as with Alfa romeo which require gearbox overhaul every 3-4 years. If manual transmission, i dont think there is any problem at all. For celica, whcih have both AMT, so far never heard of any serial problems with the gearbox.:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Design-wise i think can still last for next 5-8 years or more, just like MR2, FTO, GTO, Supra - makes me drool whenever anyone of it pass by along the highway:adore: but do take note that for cars after 10 yrs, its usually a keeper - will be hard for new buyer to get loan unless its cash. Whcih is fine with me, since my celica is the 2nd car by then...for cruising during weekend:driver:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
haha.. y do u say so?
coz he said he bought a new unit 3yrs back..
now he's screwing you.... or he got screwed by the sales man......

Celica looks great and sporty.... lots of other drivers will be trying to race you coz they are jealous... :) Only common problem I can think of for a celica is that the O2 sensor and MAF last about 5 years.....

I've been driving mine for 5 years now and never had any issue with it..... Toyota cars are very reliable and easy to maintain... :)

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
i just got a 7th celica in may 2010 ... design wise it still has its superiority cause my frens all like the look and its a fun car to drive to as the bhp produce by a 1.8 is consider high ....

vin.atheist

Jun 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
can i still get a new recon model of celica now?
how much can i get it for?
or i hv to go wit the 2nd hand?
or go for DC5 which is more expensive than the celica..

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
try looking at motor trader ... i saw one or two unreg recon celica left ... its harder to look for one with trd or mechanical sports bodykit ... manual ss2 is also rare nowdays ....

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
manual SS2 has always been rare....

DC5R is pretty fast... seen some modded ones that can take on evos......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Job : Testing of Car workshop/garage software

Who : You must be a mechanic , owner or someone working in a workshop/garage

Goal :
The software is meant to assist the operations and running of a workshop/garage to:
1. Safe time
2. Increase repeat business

The software is currently on beta testing (free)

Salary : RM 100-300 per 1 hour session. Each test would take a total of 1 hour. That includes 30 m using the software, 10 m to write a simple report, 20 m for Q&A (if...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience