Wira Special edition Auto!!!~~ NEed help~~

yyap2

Mar 16, 2005
Guys... i have problem wit my wira auto... my car jerk la... lik when go up hill n turn... it jerk when i accell slowly... then jerk for fec sec till it change to 2nd gear... wat de problem wit tis??? i even hav claim from proton edar they say de setting run liao.. but i claim 3 times liao.. still lik tat... i even flush my GB n change My GB oil....

anyone experience tis in ur wira auto????
de FC damn high...

Wat does it mean GB 'sang sek'..... wat de symptoom of it...

pls giv serious comment.. i'm not fooling around

johndoe

May 8, 2005
can be spark plug, oil filter+oil pump, gearbox (not likely)...

Scorceror

Jul 12, 2004
bro,

I'm not really an expert in the automotive field, so I wouldn't really know about the auto transmission. Does the jerking sensation occur when you drive on normal flat roads as well? If it does, there might be a problem with your auto gear box. Go to another service center and have them look at it. Sticking to one service center is not really a good idea. Looking for a good Proton service center is like shopping for shoes. :)

When you say high fuel consumption, how high is it?
Almost all wira SE Auto version have a slightly higher fuel consumption compared to the manual version. The problem is largely due to the "elephant legs" 16" JRD rims that come stock standard with the car, coupled with a 3 speed auto gear box.

Some WiSE owners here have an auto version, that doesn't drink fuel too badly.

I drive a manual version of the WiSE. Love the car, love the fuel consumption. I can got from KL to Seremban and back to KL with RM 10 -15 in fuel. Speeding within the speed limits. Even then I feel it a little too high. :)

The best way to ease your worries is to go to a good service center. I service my car at Car World (EON franchise SC) on Old Klang Road.

Maybe someone here can suggest a place where you can get your car looked at.

Peace bro.

kenji loo

May 12, 2005
Inside my waja
yyap2 said:
Guys... i have problem wit my wira auto... my car jerk la... lik when go up hill n turn... it jerk when i accell slowly... then jerk for fec sec till it change to 2nd gear... wat de problem wit tis??? i even hav claim from proton edar they say de setting run liao.. but i claim 3 times liao.. still lik tat... i even flush my GB n change My GB oil....

de FC damn high...

yyap bro i cant help u to slove this problem maybe u can try to go to SRI PETALING proton service(WORLD CAR CARE) and find a guy name fai , i think he can help u and told u what happen...coz i hear many ppl said proton service at there can slove many car problem....the shop is juz oppersite the sri petaling school

stalkerrox

Apr 13, 2005
yyap2 said:

de FC damn high...

i think its normal ler..
i'm also driving a wira se (a) even on normal flat road when driving and the car changes gear the car jerks a bit...
even my friends also told me.. why my car jerks so much compared to his friends vios lol..
what to do.. proton mar..

btw does your car kinda take long time to downshift gears?
when i slow down and go around 40 km/h my car still on 3rd gear...

yyap2

Mar 16, 2005
my car jerk lik 5- 6 sec le... aiyo.... flat road also jerk... i lazy to claim liao.. mine is not eon one.. is proton edar one... as wat i know la.. when weather is hot n i drive too long de gearoil hot then de problem come... early morning nth.. it is fine in de morning.. my FC is RM58 300km only... fuking high....

yyap2

Mar 16, 2005
stalkerrox said:
i think its normal ler..
i'm also driving a wira se (a) even on normal flat road when driving and the car changes gear the car jerks a bit...
even my friends also told me.. why my car jerks so much compared to his friends vios lol..
what to do.. proton mar..

btw does your car kinda take long time to downshift gears?
when i slow down and go around 40 km/h my car still on 3rd gear...
hei.. how long u got ur car?? have u change ur gear oil yet?? last few wekk b4 i flush my GB u know i goin lik 120 then i pull to 2nd gear then de car will rev high n go.. then i put back to D lik 130.. then i accel... de car lik not goin... then i press few time i hear de gear lik goin in 2nd gear only.. it din change abck to D then i pull to 2nd gear n push to D back then it normal...

anyway... i think time to convert manual gearbox... anyway tat i can find 1.6 manual gearbox GTI????

stalkerrox

Apr 13, 2005
wow... your FC very high wor..
just take back and claim ler..
wait at there service centre and see what they doing and tell them...
mine also proton edar..
my fc is rm 60 for around 410km +- i thought mine was high...
i'm noob in car things.. maybe could be just a faulty gearbox...
wira se alot of problems ohhh.. sigh...

yyap2

Mar 16, 2005
as wat i know la... wira auto 400km is average liao.. mine 300km sure high.. damn high.... service centre is tipu ppl one... unless u go factory la... aiya... c la.. i will book next week in batu cave one..

auto GB faulty big proble...

eh.. i wanna ask u la.. if u stop liao then u accell slowly do u feel ur car lik got delay for few sec only will move.. lik wun move much lik tat

stalkerrox

Apr 13, 2005
yyap2 said:
hei.. how long u got ur car?? have u change ur gear oil yet?? last few wekk b4 i flush my GB u know i goin lik 120 then i pull to 2nd gear then de car will rev high n go.. then i put back to D lik 130.. then i accel... de car lik not goin... then i press few time i hear de gear lik goin in 2nd gear only.. it din change abck to D then i pull to 2nd gear n push to D back then it normal...

anyway... i think time to convert manual gearbox... anyway tat i can find 1.6 manual gearbox GTI????
got my car 3 months +
havent changed gear oil yet... nowadays i feel more jerking when the car changes gear..

yyap2

Mar 16, 2005
jerk lik onceo nly izzit... my car jerk lik de engine bay shaking la.... eh.. answer me.. on de top question i ask u..

stalkerrox

Apr 13, 2005
yyap2 said:
as wat i know la... wira auto 400km is average liao.. mine 300km sure high.. damn high.... service centre is tipu ppl one... unless u go factory la... aiya... c la.. i will book next week in batu cave one..

auto GB faulty big proble...

eh.. i wanna ask u la.. if u stop liao then u accell slowly do u feel ur car lik got delay for few sec only will move.. lik wun move much lik tat
yeah.. got sometimes when accel already... when changing gears only like the car doesnt move.. like no power... but other from that it's ok...
mine jerk for 1 sec like that only.. then ok liao...

yyap2

Mar 16, 2005
eh man... wat ur top speed.. my top speed is 170km'hr.. heheh.. tomolo is my day.. i'll take federal highway to test my top speed again.. hehehe... tomolo 6 am in federal highway... lol... jus now i try do hard accell pick up lose.... but after 90km'hr de power come.. hehehe.. lol... does wira have GB cooler?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
check ur s.plugs...plug cable...

when u change ur auto gb oil...got change the auto oil filter o not..

bridgestoneRE711

Jan 20, 2005
what do u expect la ... 1.5 with 3 speeder , that is mechanical based . while others , 1.6 wira , waja 1.6 is electronic contolled .
the good point is , it is very robust . the bad thign is , it is sluggish .

Hi All,
It has been over a year and 8 or 9 months since I last shared my epic journeys. So before we move on to the detailing journeys, let me share with all of you.... oldbies and newbies on what I have been doing during the long hiatus.

First off...... I went and fulfilled one of my dreams which is to hike up Mount Kinabalu to see sunrise.

Then upon returning..... I got myself a really...