Wira Side Mirror Power Motor Replacement

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I previously installed powered side mirror for my wira but recently I can't adjust it up and down for both mirrors. After checking the wiring and tried another side mirror, it seems that both power motors not working. So, I bought another set of cheap 3 wires side mirror to use the motors on mine coz I don't want to send the case for paint job. The set of mirrors cost RM70, not mint condition, different colors, halfcut item.

Here's what I did. You'll need to take out the door trim to access the wiring. Mine was poorly done so I did a new wiring and trim it with some heat shrink tubes.

Next, carefully pry open the mirrors from the bottom. Do not pry it from the top coz there's 2 hooks holding the mirror on the power motor plate top side. The clips are at the bottom, left and right.

You can see the hooks that I mentioned in the photo below.

Remove 3 screws that's holding the motor to the case as in the photo below.

I think this is the reason why my power motor busted. The guy who did the paint job removed the mirror and just paint everything without covering the motor. :banghead:

Old motor removed. Cut the wires from as close as u can to the old busted motor so that you can easily join it and trim with heat shrink tube. You can also remove the whole thing by taking off the side mirror from the base but I'm just too lazy to do that. There's a spring mechanism for the mirror folding and I don't want to waste my time reinstalling that.

All done and tested. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Eh not bad wor.. Good la. 2nd April you come I give you tool you swap caliper yourself. HAHAHA

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
got it from mudah. search for the lowest price i can get for mirrors.

don't laa. simple wiring I can do. brakes i don't think i can. hahaha
Can, Izso teach and you do. All started out this way, even bro stupidcar and izzusark. They come my house to use my place and tools but mostly the work done by them self....:driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Can, Izso teach and you do. All started out this way, even bro stupidcar and izzusark. They come my house to use my place and tools but mostly the work done by them self....:driver:
Haha! As long as masta sifu Izso guide me, I can settle it in 5 hours. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:thefinger:

If I take 5 hours to teach you then I am a failure as a teacher. I'mma gonna set you up for 30 minutes max. This is PNP so it shouldn't be hard unless there's a over tightened screw somewhere.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
:thefinger:

If I take 5 hours to teach you then I am a failure as a teacher. I'mma gonna set you up for 30 minutes max. This is PNP so it shouldn't be hard unless there's a over tightened screw somewhere.
Get cvkit ready to kick......lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

allo

My car is very old and the white paint on some parts are crisping, I would like to spray over the parts to atleast cover it. The old paint is still very white, is not yet turn yellowish or anything, but its not reflective, just plain white. So hopefully patching it wont get very obvious unbalance look.

So what type of paint should i use and where can I buy it? Preferable can spray type. And can I make it look reflective by polishing it?

But i dun think can polish also bcuz the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience